BANGKOK
Sign in to follow this  
IanForbes

My Thailand And Why I Love It.

Ian you hang out with some amazingly beautiful women, you are blessed. Luckily i do too, so i guess i am blessed as wellcool.gif

Must have missed those photos.

Nice thread but.....why no more Pics ?

Edited by Dag

What I quickly discovered about many small Thai villages is there are seldom any hotels or accommodation for tourists. Such is the case for Luk Kae. The nearest hotel is 10 kilometres further back down the road at Ban Pong. And, despite its ostentatious entrance the hotel is rather run down. The hot water didn't work, the little TV had 4 channels, and only in Thai, and everything was rather seedy. And, they charged the standard price of about 400 baht per night. Ban Pong is a small, Thai city but doesn't offer anything of much interest for a tourist.

But, one night of sleeping at the family's home like this, made my decision to return to the hotel in Ban Pong each night quite easy. A thin mattress on the floor and roosters crowing all night do not make for the best of sleeps. And I still haven't adjusted to the standard Thai bathroom.

bug_tent.sized.jpg

Boons_home_5.sized.jpg

It was easy decision to move on to Kanchanburi and stay in one of its many guest houses. There is much more to do in Kanchanaburi and it has been developed as a semi-tourist destination of which most noteworthy is the famous bridge on the River Kwai. Kanchanaburi has a lot going for it if you like a quiet life style in pleasant surroundings.

I spent an hour just watching a blacksmith work his trade as it has been done for centuries. It would be hard to find a working blacksmith anywhere in North America unless you did some research and really went looking for one..

Blacksmith_1.jpg

Blacksmith_2.jpg

Blacksmith_7.jpg

Blacksmith_6.jpg

Blacksmith_12.jpg

Blacksmith_13.jpg

...the sleeping arrangements and bathroom! ..thought you'd been sleeping at SILs house..! Wish she had a blacksmiths..think there is one in our village ..never been but know he makes rubber cutting tools and other knives and digging stuff..

....keep it up Ian good stuff! :jap:

Great pictures Ian and I can relate to many of them been there done that.

See attacehd picture the fish was caught by the Thai guy floating out his line using a plastic bottle and then bringing it in.

Keep them coming.

Dave

post-38390-0-59824800-1311596657_thumb.j

Edited by ChangMaiSausage

Next time I will stay in Chieng Mai for sure. I'm glad you like it. I was there when I was 16.

See attacehd picture the fish was caught by the Thai guy floating out his line using a plastic bottle and then bringing it in.

Keep them coming.

Dave

There won't be any more additions to this thread by me. Thaivisa does not want my contributions.

Keep them coming.

Dave

There won't be any more additions to this thread by me. Thaivisa does not want my contributions.

Really? That's a shame. Did they say why?

Ian finds it difficult to follow forum rules and guidelines, lets just keep it at that and avoid any discussion of forum moderation as he is quite well aware as to the real issues involved here.

Ian finds it difficult to follow forum rules and guidelines, lets just keep it at that and avoid any discussion of forum moderation as he is quite well aware as to the real issues involved here.

'k :)

I am a beach person at heart, so even though I have been to Thailand three times, I have never been to Chiang Mai. Now I must go.

many love the beaches...but I love the hills..

Chiangmai 'The Rose of the North' has captured my heart since my first visit twenty years ago.

Great thread. Its made me realize that I will have to return to CMX one day.

My Koh Phangan and why I love it::

Beautiful photos, absolutely great! I never been there but maybe after this. But off season and no full moon!

I been many times and to many places on the other side, Andaman Sea. So what is the main difference between these places?

One more question... Do you use a filter to get the colors right and to get the deep and if so which one?

Thanks for sharing!

:D:) :jap:

Edited by svenivan

Thank you for the compliments!! :jap:

I just use a circular polarizing filter. (and a bit of level controls in post-production)

About the weather: the canonical season is January to April, but, just for information, the first 4 shots are of the last September ;-)

Thanks for posting those, Anguid. They are lovely. They just point out there is far more to Thailand than just the bar scene that seems to occupy so many of the topics. Maybe I'll add a few more in the future.

Thank you Ian, and yes, please, I'd like to see more of your beautiful and interesting pictures!!

:jap: :)