A Simple Question.

villagefarang

What is that? How dare you question my question? Don’t lecture me on how to ask a simple question. I have worked hard my entire life and I have the right to ask a simple question any way I want. So tell me how much, before I get angry and insulted.

Okay I don’t want any trouble and I don’t want anyone calling the mods or getting people’s comments deleted so I’ll clarify. How much for coffee?

What is that, again? Whether I want instant or some stuff which has passed through the ass-end of a civet should be of no consequence and it is insulting to ask me. I don't feel the need to tell others what I drink. You figure it out and tell me what I want to know. It is a simple question…how much?

Some things in life are priceless. :lol:

The stuff which has passed through the ass-end of a civet is in demand in Afganistan or so I'm told.

What 'exactly' are you imbibing today VF ?

I do know its mushroom season and one has to be careful picking mushrooms :o

How much ? I guess free for a limited time :(

I agree with you VF.

Should you wish to ask a question, granted, the asker who has studied his query must relate to the answerer in the fact that we the answeres do not have the gift of the questioners big picture. So the questioner should therefore accept by default a question for an answer initially so as the subject matter can be undersrood in depth and an informative answer may be furnished upon the questioner.

Any questions?

In order to answer your question it would be better if you asked it in a manner which enabled it to be answered.

Are you looking for coffee in bean form or already processed into liquid form. Are you looking for Instant coffee or coffee with a more direct connection with the original bush or tree.

If you are looking for it in bean form are you looking for it in unroasted green form or roasted. If roasted do you need it light,french roast,espresso,medium roast or just plain burnt.

If ground are you seeking it finely ground or medium or coarse.

If in liquid form is it to be served by vestal virgins (which naturally comes at a higher price due to their rarity) or by the gorgeous damsels at Amazon or the Corporate baristas of Starbucks.

I could go on but if you post your credit card number here I will get you some....also the CRV number on the back. Of course you can afford it you will not even notice what I take out to cover expenses.

Edited by harrry

A Counterpoint.

I freely admit to wanting to know the price of almost anything I intend to purchase. Perhaps it is my background in industrial engineering (maximizing production, minimizing costs, efficiency, cost/benefit etc.) The cost may be a minor factor in my cranial computer cost benefit analysis but it is always there. I do not disparage those who make their decisions differently. To each there own. Silence is sometimes a better way to respond to those you disagree with or find irritating. That is what I usually to do. This is a big exception. We will have to agree to disagree on this one.

A Counterpoint.

I freely admit to wanting to know the price of almost anything I intend to purchase. Perhaps it is my background in industrial engineering (maximizing production, minimizing costs, efficiency, cost/benefit etc.) The cost may be a minor factor in my cranial computer cost benefit analysis but it is always there. I do not disparage those who make their decisions differently. To each there own. Silence is sometimes a better way to respond to those you disagree with or find irritating. That is what I usually to do. This is a big exception. We will have to agree to disagree on this one.

The OP is making a point about ...... If you ask a poorly phrased question, to which there are multiple answers possible, but then get upset when people ask the questions needed to reply ... The end result being the person asking the question whines about not getting a straight answer.rolleyes.gif

"I'm sure I didn't mean – " Alice was beginning, but the Red Queen interrupted her impatiently.

"That's just what I complain of! You should have meant! What do you suppose is the use of a child without any meaning? Even a joke should have some meaning – and a child's more important than a joke, I hope." (Looking-Glass 9.11-12)

Starbucks or Black Canyon Coffee is about 70 baht for a small. But it is not clear how much coffee and what kind the OP is asking about.

If a question is not clear, and member wishes to reply. Ask for clarity of the question. Not personal opinions or attacks on that person. We all have our own opinion on everything.

If someone does not like the other person's question, one should just ignore it and move on.

As long as a person adhears to the forum rules:

Treat all posters respecfully.

Do not Flame or Troll (Inflamitory personal attacks, Derogitory comments,or make comments to attempt to draw members into an argument).

there should be no conflict :D

Edited by KimoMax

A Counterpoint.

The OP is making a point about ...... If you ask a poorly phrased question, to which there are multiple answers possible, but then get upset when people ask the questions needed to reply ... The end result being the person asking the question whines about not getting a straight answer.rolleyes.gif

The "poorly phrased question" was "how much does a non 3d movie ticket cost at the new CR theaters?".....not sure there are "multiple answers". It was and is a simple question. I suppose I could have written several paragraphs as to why I wanted to know the cost or could have asked for a comparison of the cost of movie tickets to the cost of a cup of coffee, or perhaps i should have attached my personal financial statement? But all I really wanted to know was the basic answer to the simple question. Why that would bother anyone is beyond me. I was under the impression that a forum like Thai Visa was a place where one could ask a simple question and hope to get a response without being attacked. Guess I was mistaken.

A Counterpoint.

The "poorly phrased question" was "how much does a non 3d movie ticket cost at the new CR theaters?".....not sure there are "multiple answers". It was and is a simple question. I suppose I could have written several paragraphs as to why I wanted to know the cost or could have asked for a comparison of the cost of movie tickets to the cost of a cup of coffee, or perhaps i should have attached my personal financial statement? But all I really wanted to know was the basic answer to the simple question. Why that would bother anyone is beyond me. I was under the impression that a forum like Thai Visa was a place where one could ask a simple question and hope to get a response without being attacked. Guess I was mistaken.

So true as I have noticed certain people dont want to give a sensible answer they just want to give a silly or nasty answer as they cant help themselves.

Every day you make progress. Every step may be fruitful. Yet there will stretch out before you A ever-lengthening, ever-ascending, ever-improveing path you know will never get you to the end of the journey. But this, so far from discouraging, only add's to the joy and glory of the climb.

Winston Churchill.

Best of luck.

Object lesson number one: “Garbage in, garbage out.” Most seemed to get that.

Object lesson number two: It is inconsiderate and irresponsible to start a topic and not follow up.

Object lesson number three: Paranoia and assuming the worst intent in other’s words or actions is unflattering and sad. The world is not out to get you. It doesn’t even know who you are.

A Counterpoint.

So true as I have noticed certain people dont want to give a sensible answer they just want to give a silly or nasty answer as they cant help themselves.

Or state the obvious :D

Object lesson number two: It is inconsiderate and irresponsible to start a topic and not follow up.

Object lesson number three: Paranoia and assuming the worst intent in other’s words or actions is unflattering and sad. The world is not out to get you. It doesn’t even know who you are.

Object lesson number five : Engage brain before writing any disrespectful drivel and stop yourself :D

Edited by sunholidaysun1

Object lesson number five : Engage brain before writing any disrespectful drivel and stop yourself :D

Another good example here.

One could huff and puff, and proclaim himself the victim of a slanderous slight. Then launch into an emotional and personal assault on the perpetrator, all the while proclaiming the need for respect, calm and understanding.

On the other hand, one could laugh, admire and bestow style points for the clever follow-on and dry humor. :)

My preference is clear.

Another good example here.

One could huff and puff, and proclaim himself the victim of a slanderous slight. Then launch into an emotional and personal assault on the perpetrator, all the while proclaiming the need for respect, calm and understanding.

On the other hand, one could laugh, admire and bestow style points for the clever follow-on and dry humor. :)

My preference is clear.

What an EGO !

Big differance in humor and disrespect,

By the responses from the forum members, it is clear they do not prefer that approach.

Edited by KimoMax

The stuff which has passed through the ass-end of a civet is in demand in Afganistan or so I'm told.

What 'exactly' are you imbibing today VF ?

I do know its mushroom season and one has to be careful picking mushrooms :o

How much ? I guess free for a limited time :(

I suspect he is refering to Weasel coffee which is very popular in Vietnam, the weasels eat the beans , crap them out and then they brew them ( not the weasels ) do not ask me why or who the first man was who did this.

Respect for your homophonous use of the French term “différance”, coined by Jacques Derrida, in your reply. Assuming that was your intent.

A healthy ego is preferable to an inferiority complex, or chip on the shoulder, imho.

Respect for your homophonous use of the French term "différance", coined by Jacques Derrida, in your reply. Assuming that was your intent.

A healthy ego is preferable to an inferiority complex, or chip on the shoulder, imho.

How much is the fish ? Does the fish have chips ?

Respect for your homophonous use of the French term "différance", coined by Jacques Derrida, in your reply. Assuming that was your intent.

How much is the fish ? Does the fish have chips ?

Dont forget the Pickled Onion - Luke :D