A Simple Question.

villagefarang

Respect for your homophonous use of the French term "différance", coined by Jacques Derrida, in your reply. Assuming that was your intent.

A healthy ego is preferable to an inferiority complex, or chip on the shoulder, imho.

How much is the fish ? Does the fish have chips ?

Dont forget the Pickled Onion - Luke :D

I say , this vinegar has turned into wine !! :wacko:

Respect for your homophonous use of the French term "différance", coined by Jacques Derrida, in your reply. Assuming that was your intent.

A healthy ego is preferable to an inferiority complex, or chip on the shoulder, imho.

How much is the fish ? Does the fish have chips ?

Dont forget the Pickled Onion - Luke :D

I say , this vinegar has turned into wine !! :wacko:

Clever :thumbsup:

I've written quite a lot of drivel on here myself, so maybe its the pot calling the Kettle Black.

But surely this topic isn't Chiang Rai related in any way shape or form.

It was either intended to a) draw a response's from certain individuals or maybe to educate us all on the way VF would like us to improve our English and general forum Ettiquette.

Maybe the Mods could find a more suitable place for it ? . I have no suggestions as to where, maybe Bedlam , or maybe we need a sub-forum 'continuous improvement program' where we can all go when we feel the need.

I believe there's a Mensa forum, where A Guy of superior intellect can also get his rocks off too

Edited by jubby

The price of coffee beans is going up 40% coming month.

More TEA Vicar ?? :D

Only if it is Earl Grey and comes with a copious supply of ginger biscuits.

Chocolate biscuits tend to melt over here and if you put them in the fridge then you have to break them apart.

The price of coffee beans is going up 40% coming month.

More TEA Vicar ?? :D

Only if it is Earl Grey and comes with a copious supply of ginger biscuits.

Chocolate biscuits tend to melt over here and if you put them in the fridge then you have to break them apart.

Thanks for the reference to the melting Chiang Rai heat and its deleterious effects on chocolate.

What was that theory about six degrees of separation? Seem far fewer than six here in the Rai. ;)

Object lesson number one: "Garbage in, garbage out." Most seemed to get that.

Object lesson number two: It is inconsiderate and irresponsible to start a topic and not follow up.

Object lesson number three: Paranoia and assuming the worst intent in other's words or actions is unflattering and sad. The world is not out to get you. It doesn't even know who you are.

Object lesson number five : Engage brain before writing any disrespectful drivel and stop yourself :D

Another good example here.

One could huff and puff, and proclaim himself the victim of a slanderous slight. Then launch into an emotional and personal assault on the perpetrator, all the while proclaiming the need for respect, calm and understanding.

On the other hand, one could laugh, admire and bestow style points for the clever follow-on and dry humor. :)

My preference is clear.

Alternatively, one could claim 'hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia' and say:

"Me no like - you no nice to me...!"

Would that cover most of the points above; without hurting people's feelings...?? blink.gif

Alternatively, one could claim 'hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia' and say:

"Me no like - you no nice to me...!"

Would that cover most of the points above; without hurting people's feelings...?? blink.gif

This is the Chiangrai Forum.....people here do not talk like that...try the Issan or Pattaya forums. :whistling:

A post containing comments on moderation has been removed from view as well as the replies to it.

If you have any questions about forum moderation, please take them up with board moderator concerned or send an email to: support [at] thaivisa.com .

Another post discussing moderation has been removed. From the forum rules:

21) Not to discuss moderation publicly in the open forum; this includes individual actions, and specific or general policies and issues. You may send a PM to a moderator to discuss individual actions or email support (at) thaivisa.com to discuss moderation policy,

The next one will lead to more formal action than mere post deletion. I hope that is clear.