Mae Sai Hotel

Gonzo the Face

I was asked today a question and was unable to give an answer. Can any of you guys that go to the border frequently post if you know of any hotels close to the border that are handicap [wheelchair] accessible. Should also have secure car park.

Thanks, If you reply , I will get back to the inquirer.

Gonzo, the Wang Tong right on the border at Mae Sai has a ramp entrance suitable for wheelchairs, and access to the border post is relatively easy from there. They also have a secure parking area at the rear of the hotel. I park mine there frequently and never had a problem..Maejo

Gonzo, the Wang Tong right on the border at Mae Sai has a ramp entrance suitable for wheelchairs, and access to the border post is relatively easy from there. They also have a secure parking area at the rear of the hotel. I park mine there frequently and never had a problem..Maejo

As one is driving toward the bridge, is the Wang Tong the one on the right a couple hundred metres from the bridge. Has a Chinese Red sign with all the gold Chinese curlicue writing on it?

That's the one....Last turning on the right before the border post. The evening meals are a littte "au fait" but the breakfast is fine, and the rooms are very nice. If you are staying there, ask for one of the back rooms, great views over Myanmar.