Best Way To Clean Lam Of Your Rod

robblok

Hot water and a scrubbing brush should remove it.A good way to avoid it happening is when you bait up to have a bucket of clean water to rinse your hands off with.

That is what i do but it is not perfect by any means. But i can check it again with a scrubbing brush. I did try a brush but did not use hot water.

I usually dont fish BSR but that is the place where you use KG's of lam. It seems to get everywhere.

Hot water and a scrubbing brush should remove it.A good way to avoid it happening is when you bait up to have a bucket of clean water to rinse your hands off with.

That is what i do but it is not perfect by any means. But i can check it again with a scrubbing brush. I did try a brush but did not use hot water.

I usually dont fish BSR but that is the place where you use KG's of lam. It seems to get everywhere.

I am assuming that the lam is bedding itself into your hand grip cork/rubber,i find that the hot water tends to expand the surface and a good scrub tends to remove all.Have you been hooking into any monsters at BSR?

Happy hooking :rolleyes:

OK - I had several (not so) witty replies lineed up but as i've started fishing BSR in the last couple of weeks I guess there is a problem here that needs fixing.

As mentioned above do you mean that the lum is getting into the rod grip and causing a problem with abrasion on your arms when playing a fish on the following session?

Or just that it gets everywhere when you take your gear home?

Cheers,

Tom.

No problems with abrasions, just like to keep my gear clean. What i do is i prepare the bait.. then wash my hands then dry them and cast. But there will always be some lam that ends up on the rod. Because its so fine you keep finding it back in the handle. The problem with that could be that mice start to fancy your rod.

definately depends on whether you have smooth grips on the rod or pourous ones. My last 2 rods got lam all over the grips which is really hard to get out. Now my new rods have the smooth foam grips and no lam has got on the grips after about 150 hours of fishing. Even when casting baits without washing the lam off my hands.

Tissue paper, (but never the curtains), - then a quick shower.

(Sorry - I couldnt resist)

:ph34r:

Not to leave you out on a limb ‘Farang0tang’

I would have thought the best way of keeping ‘lam’…. (And I believe its spelt. Lamb) off your rod, is to not get it on there in the first place! Resist the urge men….Making a lamb Kiev is never going to be a socially acceptable topic of conversation. :rolleyes:

Edited by Tonto21