george

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Reports: Obama to announce Osama bin Laden is dead

post-128-0-13183200-1304307218_thumb.png

2011-05-02 09:53:11 GMT+7 (ICT)

WASHINGTON, D.C. (BNO NEWS) -- U.S. President Barack Obama is expected to announce on late Sunday evening that al-Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden has been killed in Pakistan, nearly 10 years after the devastating attacks of September 11.

The White House confirmed that Obama would hold an unprecedented late-night news conference, but gave no details. All the major news networks in the United States cited sources saying that Bin Laden had been killed.

According to Fox News, Osama bin Laden was killed over a week ago by a U.S. missile in Pakistan. CBS News, NBC News and CNN also said that Bin Laden's body is in possession of the United States.

Osama is believed to be behind a number of major terrorist attacks, most notably the attacks of September 11, 2001 that killed nearly 3,000 people from scores of countries.

tvn.png

-- © BNO News All rights reserved 2011-05-02

Afghan official states that Osama bin Laden is dead, though when he died has not been released. (via Aljazeera) /via@vaitor

ABC News's Jim Sciutto: RT @jimsciuttoABC Bin laden killed in drone strike last week in which 20 dead /via @newley:

If this does turn out to be his body then I think that the crap is soon going to hit the fan big style. There was talk last week that Al Qaueda had a nuclear bomb hidden in Europe ready to go if they did kill or capture bin Laden. Worrying times indeed. :(

Good - but wont make one bit of difference. There are hundreds willing to 'martyr' themselves in his place.

Same day as Henry Cooper dies -- was he really Osama Bin Laden. We should be told :D

Edited by Gers1873

It's about time!

Obama'a the man. I say scrap all the cold war hardware and built a few thousand drones.

Obama is going to make a speech at 10:30

I firmly believe that bush could have got him early in the game but held the delta force guys back so that bush and his buddies could milk a few billion from the defence department.

I

Good - but wont make one bit of difference. There are hundreds willing to 'martyr' themselves in his place.

Don't agree...Nazism pretty much died along with HItler...Italian and Spanish racism with Musolini and Franco. Individuals in history make a difference.

So that`s the end of the bastard.Good riddance.

It might be the end of this bastard but I would imagine if true all hell is going to break out. Not a good time to be travelling around now. :(

A sobering thought,Dunc.Let us hope you are wrong.

Everyone knows he worked for the CIA anyway. Now they have Gaddafi and the Great African Adventure to keep the war machine alive. Osama has done his job and can be retired to the annals of history. Not a bad run for a cutout...

CNN reports that Osama was killed in a mansion outside of Islamabad by the U.S. /via@mpoppel: CNN's @EdHenry

In a mansion outside Islamabad is hardly in hiding. Are we expected to believe the Pakistanis knew nothing about it. Maybe they let the address slip when Cameron handed over the 600k+ GBP!