Osama Bin Laden dead - USA has his body

george

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm...Living in a Palace in Pakistan, eh?

Time to Nuke the rest of that country.

Good riddance

There duplicity is beyond doubt and it is high time the U.S cut all funding to Pakistan, the only thorny problem is they are a 7th century theocracy with nuclear weapons.

I suspect the Pakistani authorities have some explaining to do as to how they could be unaware of Bin Laden's whereabouts.

Osama bin Laden is dead : CNN

By CNN

Osama bin Laden is dead, sources told CNN Sunday night.

Congressional and administration sources say U.S. officials have the body of bin Laden, who was reportedly killed in Afghanistan. The details around his death were not immediately available.

U.S. President Barack Obama is expected to address the nation shortly.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2011-05-02

Good riddance

There duplicity is beyond doubt and it is high time the U.S cut all funding to Pakistan, the only thorny problem is they are a 7th century theocracy with nuclear weapons.

I suspect the Pakistani authorities have some explaining to do as to how they could be unaware of Bin Laden's whereabouts.

You folks are quick to drink the koolaid :rolleyes:

It's about time!

Obama'a the man. I say scrap all the cold war hardware and built a few thousand drones.

Obama is going to make a speech at 10:30

I firmly believe that bush could have got him early in the game but held the delta force guys back so that bush and his buddies could milk a few billion from the defence department.

Drones are far from perfected. Men watch fuzzy pictures from the eye in the sky, and make decisions upon killing based on these crappy images. When you kill people like its a video game, it is too easy to just shoot based on snap judgments. For example, when the Reuter's reporter in Iraq was incorrectly identified as a rebel because he was holding something that looked a little like a gun. It was a camera not a gun. Sure we got Osama, but how many innocent people were killed in the process? Hopefully none, but its not very likely.

If this does turn out to be his body then I think that the crap is soon going to hit the fan big style. There was talk last week that Al Qaueda had a nuclear bomb hidden in Europe ready to go if they did kill or capture bin Laden. Worrying times indeed. :(

If they had a nuke it's highly likely they would have used it long ago.

CNN reports that Osama was killed in a mansion outside of Islamabad by the U.S. /via@mpoppel: CNN's @EdHenry

A mansion near Islamabad? That stinks. So much for the 'cave in the mountains of Afghanistan' theory. I suppose it was just easier to get beer and pizza this way.

You have to wonder about the commitment of the Pakistani authorities to catching him.

If this does turn out to be his body then I think that the crap is soon going to hit the fan big style. There was talk last week that Al Qaueda had a nuclear bomb hidden in Europe ready to go if they did kill or capture bin Laden. Worrying times indeed. :(

Talk yes, there is always plenty of that, its what people do best, its what is true that is important.

From the sounds of things it may have been a sniper who took him out; they're saying it was not a drone/missle but rather a U.S. military asset.

Sweet. Something like this perhaps:

Edited by davejonesbkk

Good riddance

There was no way he could have eluded the armies of the world without serious help. No time to break out the bubly and the world should brace itself for all the splinter groups of his organisation. It is wonderful news but the war is not over.

It is good Bin Laden is dead.

It means a lot to the US where there will be celebration. It means a lot to the media who helped create the fake omnipotent 007 enemy style figurehead of all "terrorists. It means little to most "terorist" groups that are organized, funded, and directed independently with their own agendas. Their biggest loss is the casual use of the bin laden name for massive propaganda effect in the western media is removed.

It may be that with the death of bin laden that people will also start to see the whole issue is a lot more complicated than one "evil" man heading a nasty organization that the secret services have just put down like in all the movies. Still for now westerners can rest assured that they are safe in their beds as the only threat to them has been removed. Im sure it will be a story as in the movies too as everyone loves that and it sells media and it makes the CIA or whoever look impressive when they need the tax dollars to keep funding their bureacracy.

I

Good - but wont make one bit of difference. There are hundreds willing to 'martyr' themselves in his place.

Don't agree...Nazism pretty much died along with HItler...Italian and Spanish racism with Musolini and Franco. Individuals in history make a difference.

The Osama cult is a creation of the west. al-Qaida is a network, decentralized.

does anyone still believe that it was terrorists in 2001?

Terrorists? Yes.

Osama and friends? Not likely

After reviewing again and again the facts, there simply is too much data that points to an inside job. Follow the money.

Sure Osama was dangerous, but I don't credit him for too much beyond inspiring schools to train Al Quaeda.

Now he gets to die in a military action which is considered the greatest honor by militant Muslims. This will make him a saint in their eyes. Better if he died from a heart attack while with a young prostitute. But the government needs to take the credit so they can justify their presence in Afghanistan.