Children Locked In Well As Expat Businessmen Is Robbed Of All His Property In Phuket

webfact

Children locked in well as expat businessmen is robbed of all his property in Phuket

Do not on any account sleep with your housekeeper. In Phuket, which judging by stories on the net is fast establishing itself as an international rip off destination, Colin Vard did just that and he is paying the penalty.

Working with influential people , well not to put too fine a point on it, criminals, she defrauded his of all his property, his car, and rent money she said she was depositing for him in the bank.

This was real low society stuff, but there are indications that people in the establishment in Phuket were involved. (Seems a relative of a senior policeman has one of his houses etc)

Vard and his two kids are homeless and on the run. His housekeeper is fighting the case in court but the cash involved , over 60 million baht means that his many people might think they are better off dead.

Andrew Drummond reports:

Full story:andrew-drummond.com/view-story.php?sid=389

-- ANDREW-DRUMMOND.COM 2011-05-02

footer_n.gif

Incredible story..... especially him not knowing the rental income from his properties totaling 1 million baht had not been paid into his account. :whistling:

Enough material here for a Stephen Leather novel....

Edited by Thaihog

This naive gullible tragic man was a victim waiting to happen right from the very beginning when he first arrived in Thailand.

This is obviously a long term subterfuge operated by a profession gang so as to part this man from his wealth.

He would be well advised to get his children and himself out of Thailand, or at least get the children out the country and to write off what he has lost.

I would guess that his chances of grabbing back any of his losses are extremely remote.

The message here is; do not become involved with business or with the wrong crowd in Thailand. Once you fall into the snake pit, it is almost impossible to get out.

• Like 1

Perfectly reasonable to buy your housekeeper a restaurant and allow her to collect the rent on your properties, especially when you meet her some respectable place like the Emporium and not in a whorehouse.

• Like 1

This naive gullible tragic man was a victim waiting to happen right from the very beginning when he first arrived in Thailand.

Yes, I agree and that is the real tragedy here, is that in order to stay here you need to view your fellow citizens with great suspicion, and always be vigilant. A truly awful story and one which shows the ugly side of the country, the impotence and corruption of local police and the jealousy of the few.

Perfectly reasonable to buy your housekeeper a restaurant and allow her to collect the rent on your properties, especially when you meet her some respectable place like the Emporium and not in a whorehouse.

Mr. Vard met Ms. Sukumpa shortly after arriving in Thailand 10 years ago with his daughter Jessie, then two. He admits meeting her in Emporium mall in Bangkok and later on at the city's Hollywood disco. He took took her on as a housekeeper but she became his lover and quickly fell pregnant.

"Except for one or two nights we never slept together . We slept on different floors from the off.

"There was never a relationship From day one Nittaya slept on the 3rd floor of the house I had my own apartment on the 2nd floor.

What's wrong with the whole story? :jap:

I can't follow what's going on here.

"Working with 'influential people' , well not to put too fine a point on it, criminals, she defrauded his of all his property, his car, and rent money she said she was depositing for him in the bank."

Who are the influential people...the housekeeper...Vard...who?

She defrauded his? His what? If 'his' refers to Vard, why would he be on the run (as indicated in the last paragraph)?

Is there a version of this story that is written in a coherent manner? It sounds like it might be interesting.

Edited by Wavefloater
  • Like 2

"Working with 'influential people' , well not to put too fine a point on it, criminals, she defrauded his of all his property, his car, and rent money she said she was depositing for him in the bank."

She defrauded his? His what? If 'his' refers to Vard, why would he be on the run (as indicated in the last paragraph).

Is there a version of this story that is written in coherent manner? It sounds like it might be interesting.

"Most foreigners looking for a woman, have relationships with girls from bars. Some of them are good, maybe 10 or 20 per cent, but most are not."

The old game. Get them out of the bar, but you'll never get the bar out of them. Maybe 2% are good? :jap:

Edited by sirchai

Many newbie farangs come to Thailand believing that Thailand is some sort of Disney type paradise wonderland, the streets are paved with gold and that all Thai people love and respect the great white Ghana.

Those of wealth also believe that by throwing money and gifts around they can purchase the loyalty of women, have everything a Thai woman wants, can buy themselves best friends and have those which provide services jumping about for them because the philosophy is; those who hold the gold, determine the rules.

A person cannot own people or buy true friendship and respect. As a matter of fact this can have the opposite effect. Thai people can come to resent the presence of these foreigners in their land, the love and respect can quickly turn to hate.

In Thailand farangs are tolerated but not necessarily liked. I know that some of the opinions of the locals in my area are, farangs can live in Thailand because they can enjoy a better lifestyle and have all the benefits of Thailand far cheaper than in the home countries at the expense and labours of the working class Thais.

This is how many of them feel, probably the majority and there is no reasoning with some of these people.

We are second class citizens over here, whether we have truckloads of cash or not, but this is not strictly true because in most cases we are not even allowed to become citizens of this country.

Farangs who decide to lay their hats in Thailand should realise these facts and live over here accordingly by not taking too many risks or gambles and not putting too much trust in Thai people. Not because Thai people are bad, but because we are a people living in an alien land with virtually no statutory rights and extremely vulnerable.

Thailand is still a wonderful country to live, but just be realistic, aware and stay safe.

• Like 1

"Most foreigners looking for a woman, have relationships with girls from bars. Some of them are good, maybe 10 or 20 per cent, but most are not."

The old game. Get them out of the bar, but you'll never get the bar out of them. Maybe 2% are good? :jap:

Oh to be so wise.

I am not sure I could live with the burden.

She defrauded his? His what? If 'his' refers to Vard, why would he be on the run (as indicated in the last paragraph).

Is there a version of this story that is written in coherent manner? It sounds like it might be interesting.

yes, I understand that a very large number of farang who decide to trust a Thai woman get emotionally and financially bankrupt, but the story is written in a poor and rambling style, I can't really get a picture of what has happened.

Something said in the headline about children locked in a well but never mentioned again in the rest of the story. Then something vague said about influential people and finally that the person who sort of appears to be the victim (although it''s very difficult to tell from such a scattered mess of a story) is on the run (from who -- and why?)

It seems other posters have some good knowledge of what has actually gone on (that they couldn't have possibly got from the poorly written story presented here in post #1) so I was wondering if there was a properly written story somewhere to read.

is there a map of these kind of happenings? Would be interesting to see the pattern of the so called unsolved cases and it would ultimately lead to the culprits. It happens far to often and not coincidently. Foreign governments with their respective Embassies need to step in as well. They do have liaison officers here. What are they doing? On the wrong side of their duties?

Andrew is doing a great job with his revelations. Thanks for that.

To my knowledge. many scams are conducted by foreign gangs too. I'm not saying that this is the case here but in general.

--- This why we need to map out all incidences, solved and unsolved, to follow the pattern.

Edited by elcent

It seems other posters have some good knowledge of what has actually gone on (that they couldn't have possibly got from the poorly written story presented here in post #1) so I was wondering if there was a properly written story somewhere to read.

Try clicking the link and please quote your concerns with poor writing over there in the comments section.

Try clicking the link and please quote your concerns with poor writing over there in the comments section.

Thanks for the tip about the link. I thought it was just a link to Andrew Drummond's home page or general blog -- not to the original story (which is actually quite revealing).

That's a bout the right number if 'good' means that the relationship lasts for more than 5 yeears.

I totally agree with what you have said. It took me a while, but it's true.

Many newbie farangs come to Thailand believing that Thailand is some sort of Disney type paradise wonderland, the streets are paved with gold and that all Thai people love and respect the great white Ghana.

Those of wealth also believe that by throwing money and gifts around they can purchase the loyalty of women, have everything a Thai woman wants, can buy themselves best friends and have those which provide services jumping about for them because the philosophy is; those who hold the gold, determine the rules.

A person cannot own people or buy true friendship and respect. As a matter of fact this can have the opposite effect. Thai people can come to resent the presence of these foreigners in their land, the love and respect can quickly turn to hate.

In Thailand farangs are tolerated but not necessarily liked. I know that some of the opinions of the locals in my area are, farangs can live in Thailand because they can enjoy a better lifestyle and have all the benefits of Thailand far cheaper than in the home countries at the expense and labours of the working class Thais.

This is how many of them feel, probably the majority and there is no reasoning with some of these people.

We are second class citizens over here, whether we have truckloads of cash or not, but this is not strictly true because in most cases we are not even allowed to become citizens of this country.

Farangs who decide to lay their hats in Thailand should realise these facts and live over here accordingly by not taking too many risks or gambles and not putting too much trust in Thai people. Not because Thai people are bad, but because we are a people living in an alien land with virtually no statutory rights and extremely vulnerable.

Thailand is still a wonderful country to live, but just be realistic, aware and stay safe.

That's a bout the right number if 'good' means that the relationship lasts for more than 5 yeears.

"No country for old men." Living here for 10 years has shown me that none of the bar girl/ farlang relationships has lasted long.

The statement good or bad is really weird, because the reality is that different cultures, language barriers, still being married with Thai husband situations, or foreigners still married with foreign wives, the age gap and other circumstances are relevant for not functioning relationships.

How many foreigners got married a few times, before they actually get married to a Thai girl?

I personally believe that foreigners being able to communicate in Thai and working here are having very good chances to meet educated Thai women, also looking for love.

We can't buy love and we can't buy friends. :jap:

Edited by sirchai

wow just read the full story from that link Full story: http://www.andrew-dr...ory.php?sid=389

That woman is so evil and should never be released .

I live near Roi-Et and had heard about the other case involving the murder of an old farang.

So two cases involving women from Roi-Et SCARY !!!

I don't think I will date any more women from this area.

The police say unless they get solid evidence they cannot prosecute for the torture and imprisonment of the 2 children.

This is the problem when a lot of money is involved Only one copper has the guts to investigate things, and I am sure he is being put under pressure to walk away from this.

Sad story, seems those in charge are more concerned with prosecuting topless women and punishing whistle blowers than protecting the innocent victims.

Yes, but beautiful young topless girls are much more fun and eye candy sells more newspapers.

Excellent post ;)

Well done.

I have known Colin Vard for over 30 years. I have been in near daily contact with him trying my best to help him as he faced and dealt with (still dealing with) this horrendous ordeal, which started last July. I got a text from a very shocked and disbelieving Colin the day she disappeared. I met Nit on many many occasions, know his 2 children as an uncle and know every detail about this story.

I was there when all this broke and actually referred to it very briefly in one of my previous posts.

The facts as stated are true. He is no fool....someone who can accumulate such a portfolio is hardly stupid. The problem here? He trusted her...that's all. Pure and simple trust. He trusted the lawyers who aided and abetted this woman. He did not know the local police would verify the forged copies of his Chanote titles. He did not know the lawyer, who was "acting" for him, had altered papers and the company he formed to protect his interests. He did not know that the paper he was asked to sign before a court appearance to get his properties back, which thankfully he did not, was in fact to transfer all of his interests over to Nit. This was by his lawyer. This will all come out.

He did not have any relationship whatsoever with Nit for 9 years. They did live separate lives in the same house on different floors...by agreement. He treated her with utter respect and kindness. Yes. She did collect the rents and for over 8 years they went in every month. He helped her by setting her up in her own business and always saw she had whatever she needed. Money, house, new Honda car, cloths, housekeeper, gardener, etc, etc. Colin was no mean foreigner taking advantage of a poor innocent. Far from it, perhaps he was too generous, too trusting and dare I say it in his own way too loving. She was/is the mother/stepmother to his 2 children.

The present position is that Colin has been blessed with a wonderful woman who has helped him beyond belief. She is a lawyer called Pitchy from Surat Tani who has impeccable connections at the highest level. Her BF Chew is the 2nd senior detective in the same district and together they have got him where he is. They overrule Phuket and Chalong. The Chalong police were utterly appalling and indifferent. I believe 3 has been removed to date. He personally went to every police, and tourist police, chief in any district that she may have been hiding in. You have no idea what this has cost him to date. More anon.

He has been to the courts 3 times with a very top lawyer (read expensive and has acted for the Royal Family) from Bangkok who has no interest in the local people and so has no old boy network there. He is very adapt and is totally on for the fight to get it all back....and it looks good for him. It was seen by the judge as a con and a scam and the case will be fully heard. I know who is involved, what they did and where they come from. But will hold fire as it is in the courts. The last appearance was last Friday.

Pity this came out just now as I could fill you in on all the details....but I am a lucky boy to be heading to the States tomorrow to ride the roads there for 6 weeks or so. There is every chance this is going national in the UK and Ireland with a Thai TV channel poking around the story.

I'll ask Colin to see if he will check in here as it is, as said here, a story fit for a book and the screen. Where it will end up.

Edited by harleyclarkey
  • Like 1

I have known Colin Vard for over 30 years. I have been in near daily contact with him trying my best to help him as he faced and dealt with (still dealing with) this horrendous ordeal, which started last July. I got a text from a very shocked and disbelieving Colin the day she disappeared. I met Nit on many many occasions, know his 2 children as an uncle and know every detail about this story.

I was there when all this broke and actually referred to it very briefly in one of my previous posts.

The facts as stated are true. He is no fool....someone who can accumulate such a portfolio is hardly stupid. The problem here? He trusted her...that's all. Pure and simple trust. He trusted the lawyers who aided and abetted this woman. He did not know the local police would verify the forged copies of his Chanote titles. He did not know the lawyer, who was "acting" for him, had altered papers and the company he formed to protect his interests. He did not know that the paper he was asked to sign before a court appearance to get his properties back, which thankfully he did not, was in fact to transfer all of his interests over to Nit. This was by his lawyer. This will all come out.

He did not have any relationship whatsoever with Nit for 9 years. They did live separate lives in the same house on different floors...by agreement. He treated her with utter respect and kindness. Yes. She did collect the rents and for over 8 years they went in every month. He helped her by setting her up in her own business and always saw she had whatever she needed. Money, house, new Honda car, cloths, housekeeper, gardener, etc, etc. Colin was no mean foreigner taking advantage of a poor innocent. Far from it, perhaps he was too generous, too trusting and dare I say it in his own way too loving. She was/is the mother/stepmother to his 2 children.

The present position is that Colin has been blessed with a wonderful woman who has helped him beyond belief. She is a lawyer called Pitchy from Surat Tani who has impeccable connections at the highest level. Her BF Chew is the 2nd senior detective in the same district and together they have got him where he is. They overrule Phuket and Chalong. The Chalong police were utterly appalling and indifferent. I believe 3 has been removed to date. He personally went to every police, and tourist police, chief in any district that she may have been hiding in. You have no idea what this has cost him to date. More anon.

He has been to the courts 3 times with a very top lawyer (read expensive and has acted for the Royal Family) from Bangkok who has no interest in the local people and so has no old boy network there. He is very adapt and is totally on for the fight to get it all back....and it looks good for him. It was seen by the judge as a con and a scam and the case will be fully heard. I know who is involved, what they did and where they come from. But will hold fire as it is in the courts. The last appearance was last Friday.

Pity this came out just now as I could fill you in on all the details....but I am a lucky boy to be heading to the States tomorrow to ride the roads there for 6 weeks or so. There is every chance this is going national in the UK and Ireland with a Thai TV channel poking around the story.

I'll ask Colin to see if he will check in here as it is, as said here, a story fit for a book and the screen. Where it will end up.

Thanks for your contribution. This story has already been published in Ireland. You have perhaps said a little than I would have but yet there is no doubt Colin Vard is a very upstanding person and by no means stupid who has had little support from his Embassy or anyone.

post-117952-0-44347400-1304362010_thumb.

He did not know the lawyer, who was "acting" for him, had altered papers and the company he formed to protect his interests. He did not know that the paper he was asked to sign before a court appearance to get his properties back, which thankfully he did not, was in fact to transfer all of his interests over to Nit. This was by his lawyer.

Has the lawyer been charged? If there is solid evidence of his wrongdoings, then it would be sensible to name this lawyer, for the sake of others who might be using his services.

Simon