Best Hotel In Chaing Rai

Potter

I stayed at the Dusit with two friends who were visiting from the UK in 2003. It is excellent, as you'd expect from a Dusit. It is a little out of town on the river bank. Getting into town was not a problem.

Just across the river is the Rimkok Resort (no laughing at the name). This is a low rise development built in a Thai style, which I thought looked more visually attractive than the Dusit, which is a modern, high rise style. Didn't stay there so can't comment except that the rates are generally comparable with the Dusit.

I stayed at the Dusit with two friends who were visiting from the UK in 2003. It is excellent, as you'd expect from a Dusit. It is a little out of town on the river bank. Getting into town was not a problem.

Just across the river is the Rimkok Resort (no laughing at the name). This is a low rise development built in a Thai style, which I thought looked more visually attractive than the Dusit, which is a modern, high rise style. Didn't stay there so can't comment except that the rates are generally comparable with the Dusit.

Rimkok was what I had in mind. Dusit says on its homepage, that it is half an hour away from Chiang Rai. To You it sounds like they are very close to each other...?

Brunch at Rimkok is excellent.

You,ve obviously been to the Rimkok. Have you recommended this hotel to your friend, or didn,t you enjoy your stay there. Only the cheap brunch was it?

By the way your reply to Dear Rinrada who took time to try and help you was very rude.

I hear the Red Rose is very pleasant for short term stays.

By the way your reply to Dear Rinrada who took time to try and help you was very rude.

Hear Hear

Funny, but I got the exact same impression.

I understand rudeness runs with the newly rich or those that think they are.

Maybe Potty is a good handle after all

If rude is his reply, let him find his own information.

Hear Hear

Funny, but I got the exact same impression.

I understand rudeness runs with the newly rich or those that think they are.

Maybe Potty is a good handle after all

If rude is his reply, let him find his own information.

My apologies if I have made the impression of being rude. Thanks to whoever gives advices.

May I recommend the boxing room?

The gloves are waiting there, but you have to bring your own sparring partner.

It is also nice to comb your hair, as the walls are covered with mirrors :o .

Limbo checked it out for you.

I Would reccomend the Rimkok as the best value for money altough the service in the Dusit is better,but i was very happy at the Rimkok.For location maybe the Wiangcome is the best situated for walking around,also the Gallery opposite serves the best breakfast in Chiang Rai and the night bazaar is one minute walk away.Hope this helps but only my opinion.

For what it's worth, the ethics and management at the Wiang Inn suck! I had a confirmed booking for two rooms as I had an overseas guest that was here on business. On checking in I was told that they were full. I have a fax confirmation here (and produced it) that says you have confirmed two rooms for me for two days from today. "Sorry full" was the idiotic reply, Please find the manager for me. "Sorry the manager is at lunch" Well who is in charge? "Jus' moment" "Can I help you?" said someone else. By this time I was starting to get a little annoyed. I went through the whle thing again, same result..."Sorry full up" I finally blew up, ok wrong thing to do with Thais, but at least it made me feel better. Our rooms as it turned out, had been given to a bunch of stranded Dutch tourists who's bus had broken down. So much for confirmed bookings, and I told them so, to the embarresment of the whole reception area. Dutch tourists included.

I have never stayed there since. I now use the Wang Come which is far more friendly, and they even give me a discount as a regular guest.

Dusit Isiland and Rim Kok resorts are fine too, if not a little out of town, similarly the Inn Come hotel.

The Little Duck on the edge of town is vastly overpriced.