Good Steakhouse In Bkk?

bkk1970

The original owners of Steak One on nana have opened a new steak house in Jomtiem called "Steak Steak". I haven't been there yet but if anyone pops in, let us know how it was. If it's anything like the "old" Steak One, should be good. Steak Steak, Jomtien Beach Between Soi 2 and Soi3 Next to Adidas-Puma Shop.

• 2 weeks later...

I recently tried New York Steakhouse. The ambiance was just like a Mortons back in the US but the steak was not. Highly overreated in the food department.

For a really good steak and a fair price, I recommend you try Bourbon Street. What Bourbon Street lacks in ambiance it makes up for in food quality.

Go down to foodland near Nana. Get yourself a frozen T-bone and go home and cook it yourself :o The foodland steaks are the best on a quality vs price scale that I've seen.

But if you like your steak raw, indigo does a pretty mean Steak Tartare. yummy.

Also note Steak 1 just opened a new branch on Soi Convent (near patpong). I wished I had discovered them sooner because Steak 1 is now one of my favorite restaurants. Some of the eye catchers are 300 baht filet mignon, Aussie beef menu, 200 baht deluxe bacon burgers (gets my vote for best burger in bangkok), Franziskaner beer, clean and well appointed facilities. They have an outdoor bar, indoor room with AC, and sports TV's. I can't really think of any drawbacks about these places; they do a pretty good job in every area. But to be sure, you can find finer dining facilities and steaks at other places for the discriminating steak connoisseur.

Try Fogo Vivo in the Interconti. Excellent meat quality and I like the concept: Everything is grilled on large skewers, and the waiters just keep coming with those skewers of whatever steaks, shrimps, pork, you name it...you get a flat rate per person, so make sure that you're hungry! At lunch it's much cheaper than for dinner, if I remember well some 400 - 500 Baht, including a huge salad bar.