Online Air Ticketing

Gonzo the Face

Has anyone here had any satisfaction in booking on line with either Air Asia or Nok Air , here in Chiang Mai?

I would considering satisfaction in just getting the booking information, i.e. schedule, price and availability. I can connect with all other major airlines but not with these two, expecially Air Asia.

Has anyone ever done the whole thing and completed the flight, all arranged online ?

Has anyone here had any satisfaction in booking on line with either Air Asia or Nok Air ,  here in Chiang Mai?

I would considering satisfaction in just getting the booking information, i.e. schedule, price and availability.  I can connect with all other major airlines but not with these two, expecially Air Asia.

Has anyone ever done the whole thing and completed the flight, all arranged online ?

I actually just purchased a one-way ticket from BKK to CM, all-online, for 1399 baht. It was through http://www.fly12go.com/en/main.shtml. I don't fly until later in October, so I can't tell you anything about how good they are yet.

I booked Nok Air in March from Bangkok with no problem other than the fact could not combine Thai and English names on the itinerary so had to get English spelling for everyone. Also paid by credit card on line and selected seats. Later had to change reservations for a week later and did that with a very nice phone conversation with a very informal call center lady. I would give them much higher marks than Thai for friendly service.

Has anyone here had any satisfaction in booking on line with either Air Asia or Nok Air ,  here in Chiang Mai?

I've made in excess of fifty AirAsia bookings since the beginning of 2004. Never a problem. Not too many bookings with Nok Air, but I've never experienced a problem booking with them either.

if it's relevant to you: i use the nok air phone-booking system frequently. phone into their call center, make the booking, then pick up your ticket at select 7-11 stores. saves a trip to the airport. not all 7-11 branches have this service. i know that the one at the chang phuak gate does. works great. about a 20bt surcharge. i believe that one can also pay over the phone with a visa card from a thai bank, or pay by atm or something. haven't tried that one yet.

Are you saying that you can't access the websites from Chiang Mai?

I've booked (and flown) twice this year with Nok BKK-CNX - but the bookings were made from my PC in UK. Very smooth process in all respects.

http://www.nokair.co.th/

Actually I have no problem in accessing the web site of either or any of them. In yesterdays instance, I brought up Air Asia, no problem.... desire information on a R/T Chiang Mai to Jakarta [AA flies to both] type in start 'CM' type in destination "Jakarta" type in dates of desired flying both to and fro, then hit search and absolutely nothing....

maybe there is a something I am missing ... I am not completely a computer dumb*ss only Half....

:o

In yesterdays instance, I brought up Air Asia, no problem....  desire information on a R/T Chiang Mai to Jakarta [AA flies to both] type in start 'CM'  type in destination "Jakarta"  type in dates of desired flying both to and fro,  then hit search and absolutely nothing....

Not sure what you are doing exactly as you don't type anything when looking for flights. AirAsia's website has two list boxes from which you select flight information. Select your point of origin from that list first, i.e. Chiang Mai. This will adjust the destination box to list places that AirAsia flies directly from Chiang Mai. In this instance there will be two available destinations in that list: Bangkok and Kuala Lumpur. No Jakarta. If you want to fly from Chiang Mai to Jakarta, you would need to book two tickets: Chiang Mai to Kuala Lumpur and then KL to Jakarta. AirAsia flies point-to-point. Their system will not build connecting itineraries.