Any Flooding At Chiang Rai Area Now ?

AsiaWolfie

anybody can provide me with some information about the situation there ? have to go there again next weekend and would like to know if there is any problem of getting to CM or Mae Sai from Chiang Rai at the moment

Hi Wolfie. Any flooding that we had has already subsided so you shouldn`t have any problems getting to those destinations, although you failed to mention where you are planning to travel from. I would imagine though that if we have any more heavy rain then the waters may rise again.

I had occasion to drive to both Chiangrai and mae Sai last week from Chiangmai, and there was little evidence of any flooding. However, watch out for massive potholes at the Doi Saket turnoff, and for another 15 Km north of there. Apart from that the road was fine....

anybody can provide me with some information about the situation there ? have to go there again next weekend and would like to know if there is any problem of getting to CM or Mae Sai from Chiang Rai at the moment

The little Ing River south of Chiang Rai on the way to Toeng is badly flooded, but that does not affect that road. The Lao River is also more than full, a potential problem if there is more rain. unless further heavy rain, all OK.