"Guest Friendly Hotel"

Semper

At most times I feel like getting away from home for 1 or 2 years.

I recommend here:

http://www.tapaeplacehotel.com/

Usually the rooms are going at a cheaper rate then advertised on their web site.

It you want to sneak in a little extra guest, they turn a blind eye if you`re discrete. But keep this to yourself, otherwise everyone will want to stay there.

Edited by Beetlejuice

I recently stayed at the New Mitrapap Hotel, Ratchawong Rd. 370 baht a night for a simple but clean room, big comfy bed, clean, air, TV, stable wireless internet connection, hot water shower, motosi parking and no problem with a guest.

Just be sure to keep the slip of paper issued with the deposit for the TV and air remote, to avoid hassle getting the deposit back.

cheers

Edited by jay1980

I recently stayed at the New Mitrapap Hotel, Ratchawong Rd. 370 baht a night for a simple but clean room, big comfy bed, clean, air, TV, stable wireless internet connection, hot water shower, motosi parking and no problem with a guest.

cheers

I doubt that the OP had surfing the Internet or watching TV in mind...

I like new mitrapap, also. If it's not too hot, get the 250 room on the second floor. Zaa is the manager and a very nice lady--You may have one guest. Free breakfast sucks. less than 15 minute walk to Sbicy--for those, who dare.

cheers

I doubt that the OP had surfing the Internet or watching TV in mind...

When staying somewhere for 1-2 days with a someone always find it useful to be able to check e-mails, news, investments and of course Thai-visa on my net book while my guest is watching mind numbing Thai drama's and talking to her mates on the phone :)

Nope, those places have smells and roaches and probably elements found at the Downton Inn. These places are actually quite classy.

Roaches are good, it means they haven't sprayed something overly lethal. :)

When staying somewhere for 1-2 days with a someone always find it useful to be able to check e-mails, news, investments and of course Thai-visa on my net book

Wait.. you're staying in a 370 baht hotel room at a 15 minute walking distance from Spicy, and you also have investments that need managing? Do you at least take a tuk tuk back or does she have to walk the 15 minutes back with you? :)

When staying somewhere for 1-2 days with a someone always find it useful to be able to check e-mails, news, investments and of course Thai-visa on my net book

Wait.. you're staying in a 370 baht hotel room at a 15 minute walking distance from Spicy, and you also have investments that need managing? Do you at least take a tuk tuk back or does she have to walk the 15 minutes back with you? :)

Nah I gave her a ride on the back of my rented Honda click.

I like staying in Thai style places when travelling, as long as they are clean and have everything I need why pay more? Any profits on the investments are working towards a more permanent move to LOS, not on 5 star hotels.....

I was impressed with the value of this Hotel, it was the cheapest I have paid in Thailand for a while but very good facilities and comfortable.

Also loved Chiang Mai and can't wait to come back for a longer visit.

Didn't go to 'spicy' though, just Google'd it to save me asking you to explain what it is on here, not sure is my kind of place, prefer somewhere more relaxing.

cheers

Didn't go to 'spicy' though, just Google'd it to save me asking you to explain what it is on here, not sure is my kind of place, prefer somewhere more relaxing.

As the New Mitrapap Hotel does not have a gym, you can be pretty sure to get a workout at Spicy boxing the other patrons. :D