Tennis Court Krabi Town Area

dustbunny

I play tennis but have only been able to find two courts in my area which is actually Thap Prik. First is the Physical Education College. Its a dump and you can only play before school. The other times it is taken over by the informal Tennis Mafia which sells memberships to their group to play, but does not have an arrangement with the college--so who made these guys kings of the court and where does the money go?? Second place is Tera Park, a fairly nice place that the municipality is letting go to seed. Again, there is a local tennis mafia there as well which monopolizes the courts. In this case they just keep switching out players and adding new time just as if it were a whole new doubles group. Nice. ph34r.gif

So, I am interested in some place else like a private club or hotel. I am willing to pay. I just want a nice court and no Thai toughs to deal with. Anyone have suggestions?? blink.gif

I don't play tennis so keep that in mind, but I have seen the courts at Thara Park over the past few years, and many members of the "mafia" playing there. I bet if you approached them with friendlines and respect (bow low - show them your wicked backhand later) they would happily let you join in their reindeer games. Also keep the rain in mind - if it even looks like it might possibly hint at remotely drizzling lightly in 30 minutes, Thara Park will be completely empty of Thais.