Songtaew Fare Still 10 Baht?

meowchawpnom

I heard some talk that the songtaews now want more than 10 baht for normal daytime trips. I've still been paying 10, but one driver demanded 15 recently after depositing me at my destination.

Is it still 10? Have petrol prices been going up here same as in other countries?

I heard some talk that the songtaews now want more than 10 baht for normal daytime trips. I've still been paying 10, but one driver demanded 15 recently after depositing me at my destination.

Is it still 10? Have petrol prices been going up here same as in other countries?

i've seen signs inside the songtaews that say that because of the increase in the cost of petrol, the fare has gone up to 15 baht. they're not trying to rip you off. last time i took one, my neighbour reminded me to have 15 baht ready, not 10.

Thanks. I haven't seen any of these signs. I've been paying 10 but twice now they have demanded 15 when I disembarked.

Are the Thais paying 15, too?

The Thais have been paying since day one because it is easy for the drivers to tell them that rates have gone up.

Apparently drivers are letting some of a rich farangs who don't know slide because they don't want us accusing them of cheating foreigners.

Think about that next time that you are raving about "double pricing"! :o

Thanks. I haven't seen any of these signs. I've been paying 10 but twice now they have demanded 15 when I disembarked.

Are the Thais paying 15, too?

The Thais have been paying since day one because it is easy for the drivers to tell them that rates have gone up.

Apparently drivers are letting some of a rich farangs who don't know slide because they don't want us accusing them of cheating foreigners.

Think about that next time that you are raving about "double pricing"! :o

Haven't used a 2tow for a while but had to drop my car off for repair (ruptured power steering hose) near Tesco Lotus and take one to the university. Normally I have paid 20 baht for that distance. First one waved down said 20 baht, since I was expecting it no complaint from me. However every single time I have used 2tows from the university back to the shop it is a battle. I already knew this and planned on 40 baht. First one - 100 baht, no bargaining, 2nd one - 60 Baht offered 40 - no way, finally the third one - 50 baht offered 40 and off we went. Possibly because there is more passenger potential going to the university then going back to the shop. Still frustrating.