Fitness Equipment For Homegym - In Bkk

differentbutsamesame

I'd like to turn one of the rooms into a homegym. What i will need is a large set of dumbells, free weights for the barbells, powerrack, crosstrainer, adjustable bench, multi-machine (pec deck, pull-mechanism etc.) and maybe a few other machines. Can anyone recommend me a good shop offering quality brands in Bangkok? Pref. with delivery service.

Edited by differentbutsamesame

Go to Fortune Mall. Go downstairs into the basement. At one end in the basement (don't remember, but probably under the Lotus store) is a large sports store that has a pretty good range of equipment, and they deliver and will even set it up for you.

Edited by WhizBang

I can give you an email from a guy who speaks good English and makes power racks. He is from Gymware and he is thai. He makes great products.

Thanks for your offer but i prefer quality brands that offer guarantee and service if needed.

:D

This is quality, the stuff you find in malls is all crap. But do as you please i can only say i got good experience with his stuff and i lift real heavy weights. Im no amateur and the power rack has saved me more then a few times.

• Like 1

I emailed that Gymware guy about his squat rack and he quoted 8,125 baht which seems a bit extortionate.

To be honest these are normal prices, i have used jackies fitness, gymware and ultimate fitness bangkok. They all have similar prices and i found gymware to be the cheapest. Quality wise i found ultimate fitness and gymware to be on par and jackies fitness to be a bit less good.

I have a power rack, a preachers bench, dipping leg raisee unit and a cheap push pull thing from a mall (wish i never bought that one but went for one of those the other guys made). You might get it done cheaper if you go to one of the many iron workers around but the question is will they get it right. It will involve a lot of actions on your side. Just remember steel is expensive these days.

• Like 1

Try pricing a power rack in the US, i am sure you will find 8000 baht is a very good deal.

Ahhh...the old "cheaper than the US" argument. Completely irrelevant but I did just check out Amazon.com and the price of a higher quality squat rack (not power rack) is under $300 so about the same price. Given the much lower cost of labour you would expect these things to be much cheaper here in Thailand.

Edited by edwardandtubs

Try pricing a power rack in the US, i am sure you will find 8000 baht is a very good deal.

Ahhh...the old "cheaper than the US" argument. Completely irrelevant but I did just check out Amazon.com and the price of a higher quality squat rack (not power rack) is under $300 so about the same price. Given the much lower cost of labour you would expect these things to be much cheaper here in Thailand.

Considering that it is more of a niche market, I would say it's good that it's not double.

Considering that it is more of a niche market, I would say it's good that it's not double.

That is the whole point its a niche market. Not many big players. Anyway i got a great setup at home but you really need to work out a long time to get the money back from it. But i love the convenience of it.

• 9 years later...
On 5/16/2011 at 3:46 PM, robblok said:

:D

This is quality, the stuff you find in malls is all <deleted>. But do as you please i can only say i got good experience with his stuff and i lift real heavy weights. Im no amateur and the power rack has saved me more then a few times.

I can write under on this one. Been training waights for 30 years, and gymware have the best bang for buck innThailand. Made my homegym recently and love the equipment delivered from gymware! 

• 3 months later...

My home gym from gymware.com

As said above, superhappy dealing with them, and they deliver quality stuff for a good price and home use. 

Just missing my rowing machine a concept 2D,  that I can not get before I can leave the country and bring it back. 

B77F140D-ECDA-4537-A56E-121F8113474B.jpeg

ED56A4E8-DAA7-466A-8565-039AB973F958.jpeg

B0CEDE4E-DDE0-4119-9B3B-F27133410CEC.jpeg

• Thanks 2

@Tagged

How does your pull down work, i mean compared to those in a gym. I am always a bit dissapointed with those pull down systems that you add your own weight to. I mean how smooth does it go ?

Now currently i have moved from my old home (might move back in future) to a place in Thonglor and I go to regular gym. My gym stuff is still at my old place. Must say its nice to be in a gym too. I could move my stuff but decided against it. 

9 minutes ago, robblok said:

@Tagged

How does your pull down work, i mean compared to those in a gym. I am always a bit dissapointed with those pull down systems that you add your own weight to. I mean how smooth does it go ?

Now currently i have moved from my old home (might move back in future) to a place in Thonglor and I go to regular gym. My gym stuff is still at my old place. Must say its nice to be in a gym too. I could move my stuff but decided against it. 

The pull down in the rack is ok, and can not compare to pin loaded machines, but it is ok, and does the job. My alternative is none. 1 1/2 hour travel to a decent gym. Not even a boxing gym close by. 

If I was going to order again, I would change for a pin loaded version, but for the price you pay for the Plate loaded rack, is quite cheep, and it works. 

Maybe I will give him a mail, and ask if its possible to modify it, and if thats an option. Im also building a angled roller board seat set up, for the sitting rowing now. That could also have been an option, If am going to point out what I am missing connected to the rack. 

12 minutes ago, Tagged said:

The pull down in the rack is ok, and can not compare to pin loaded machines, but it is ok, and does the job. My alternative is none. 1 1/2 hour travel to a decent gym. Not even a boxing gym close by. 

If I was going to order again, I would change for a pin loaded version, but for the price you pay for the Plate loaded rack, is quite cheep, and it works. 

Maybe I will give him a mail, and ask if its possible to modify it, and if thats an option. Im also building a angled roller board seat set up, for the sitting rowing now. That could also have been an option, If am going to point out what I am missing connected to the rack. 

Yea i was just curious, i have a pin loaded pull down. I never really liked the one you had. But i just wanted to confirm if it was me or it was common that they were a bit worse. 

But yea if there is no alternative, still training at home has its advantages so does going to a gym. 

46 minutes ago, robblok said:

Yea i was just curious, i have a pin loaded pull down. I never really liked the one you had. But i just wanted to confirm if it was me or it was common that they were a bit worse. 

But yea if there is no alternative, still training at home has its advantages so does going to a gym. 

As I said, it is not bad, and does its job, and it is more like if you are used to surtain equipment like pin loaded pull down, it is different, but for normal training, it doesnt make any change. Its just the hassel of putting the weights on and off thats annoying. 

What kind of lub do you use? I bought white lithium grease and one 100% silicon. Trying the silicon first, and it makes a great difference at once it is clean and well lubricated. 

16 minutes ago, Tagged said:

As I said, it is not bad, and does its job, and it is more like if you are used to surtain equipment like pin loaded pull down, it is different, but for normal training, it doesnt make any change. Its just the hassel of putting the weights on and off thats annoying. 

What kind of lub do you use? I bought white lithium grease and one 100% silicon. Trying the silicon first, and it makes a great difference at once it is clean and well lubricated. 

I got pin loaded at home does not need much lube. But right now im training at fitness first (expensive and not too many double equipment so have to wait at times). Reason im going there as its less then a km from my  new home and my GF has a corporate membership. So we can train together. Otherwise i might have gone to jetfitness as its more geared towards serious lifters. Still fitness first is not bad at all.

2 hours ago, Tagged said:

As said above, superhappy dealing with them, and they deliver quality stuff for a good price and home use. 

Just missing my rowing machine a concept 2D,  that I can not get before I can leave the country and bring it back. 

ED56A4E8-DAA7-466A-8565-039AB973F958.jpeg

B0CEDE4E-DDE0-4119-9B3B-F27133410CEC.jpeg

bloody hell, I would hate to meet you on a dark night, unless you were my mate. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Pilotman said:

I would invite to to my place for dinner, but we couldn't afford the protein.  4 pigs don't come cheap you know. 

I eat normal food, and not more than 3000 cal a day ???? No bulking no extra protein

most days I eat around 2 700 cal, and Im open for a dinner invitation ????

Edited by Tagged
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Tagged said:

Like the cable crossover machine. Don't often see those in home gyms, but yours is relatively extensive.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, BigStar said:

Like the cable crossover machine. Don't often see those in home gyms, but yours is relatively extensive.

I even got the cable cross modified to be at least 180 cm between the grips, so I can get a good stretch. Extended the top beam from 270cm to 300cm. 

I have a problem with one of my shoulders, so cable cross is essential for my training. 

Edited by Tagged
  • Like 1

On 10/5/2020 at 11:35 AM, Tagged said:

I even got the cable cross modified to be at least 180 cm between the grips, so I can get a good stretch. Extended the top beam from 270cm to 300cm. 

I have a problem with one of my shoulders, so cable cross is essential for my training. 

Good. I understand perfectly, and you can certainly do a lot for your shoulders w/ a cable machine. Very useful, really. I sent an email to gymware about price of the pin-loaded model but got no response.

26 minutes ago, BigStar said:

Good. I understand perfectly, and you can certainly do a lot for your shoulders w/ a cable machine. Very useful, really. I sent an email to gymware about price of the pin-loaded model but got no response.

He have been superbusy during the covid. But he will answer.