Nkp Hotels

ray23

I've attended a couple of these events years ago, if you're tall and able to look over most Thais heads then it's a worthwhile event. If you're short there's nothing much to see.

Hotels. Try searching for 'phanom' in the travel forum for latest info.

I would imagine all small and big hotels would be booked up for this event. If all booked up, you could try staying in Mukdahan about 2 hours away (although dangerous driving the Muk-NKP road at night)

Something else available that not many travellers may know about, is staying at short-time motels. Found in every town and have a rate of 300-400 baht a night. Don't expect anything fancy though i.e. no coat hangers, wardrobes, cable tv etc.

:o

I've attended a couple of these events years ago, if you're tall and able to look over most Thais heads then it's a worthwhile event. If you're short there's nothing much to see.

Hotels. Try searching for 'phanom' in the travel forum for latest info.

I would imagine all small and big hotels would be booked up for this event. If all booked up, you could try staying in Mukdahan about 2 hours away (although dangerous driving the Muk-NKP road at night)

Something else available that not many travellers may know about, is staying at short-time motels. Found in every town and have a rate of 300-400 baht a night. Don't expect anything fancy though i.e. no coat hangers, wardrobes, cable tv etc.

:o

I checked there and Nong Kia and have had a lesson now, I will book hotels in a few months for next years events. This must be very special adn a little planning is definetly required.