Tuition Fees At ....Dusit

This question is adressed to someone ( possibly a Farang English Teacher) that is familiar with Thai-University-Scenarios.

- The situation: My wife's youngest daughter studies at the Government/State University.........Dusit in Bangkok (can't remember the full name, sorry).

She has entered the final year and now she claims that due to vocational training courses and "increased study-costs in general" (since she is in the last year of study), her monthly living and study-allowance that we pay for her has to be increased to a minimum of 20'000 Bht per month. ??!!??

- I always thought, that State/Gouvernment Universities = ........ DUSIT, are basically "free" in the first place.

- She also claims, that english-lessons have to be paid seperately and are not part of the regular "study-plan" ? Hard to believe !

- Also: She has to pay no rent, since she lives with her older sister for free. So, her basic "living-expenses" consist of food and clothing. But still the claim is: 20'000 Bht for "living-expenses & increased last year study-expenses". Can this be ?

Hoping that some Farang-Teachers, that know their way around as far as cost-structure of ............... DUSIT University is concerned, may enlighten me regarding this matter.

Thanks & cheers.

More likely she's attending Suan Dusit Ratchapat University:

Suan Dusit Website

It's not unusual to have an extra fee for English classes, particularly if there is a foreign teacher. government universities are cheap compared to private universities, but they aren't free.

I checked it out: It's this University.

Cheers.