Take A Deep Breath....

robenroute

Just a few minutes ago, a massive thunderstorm passed over my flat (near Sukhumwit - BTS Thong Lo). Aaarrrhhhhh. Hmmmm. Standing outside on my balcony, I can smell... well, fresh air! The pounding rain has cleansed the air. The ferocious bolts of lightning have purified the atmosphere. The air is clean. The air is clear. Distant neon signs are tack-sharp. Lights are brighter. Colours are richer and more vibrant.

Let there be torrential rain, thunder and lightning every day!

Ah well, time for a glass of wine and a fag ;-)

Just a few minutes ago, a massive thunderstorm passed over my flat (near Sukhumwit - BTS Thong Lo). Aaarrrhhhhh. Hmmmm. Standing outside on my balcony, I can smell... well, fresh air! The pounding rain has cleansed the air. The ferocious bolts of lightning have purified the atmosphere. The air is clean. The air is clear. Distant neon signs are tack-sharp. Lights are brighter. Colours are richer and more vibrant.

Ah well, time for a glass of wine and a fag ;-)

Wish I was there robenroute!! But I know what you mean, it certainly freshens things up a bit - but when it rains here in Yorkshire it just doesn't have the same magic...... :o

I'm Suk/Thong Lo area too. The clean clear air after a storm I LOVE, but what I don't love is that when we get any kind of even vaguely cleansing rain, my UBC goes down AND about half of the lightning storms knock the power out in my building thus no A/C and no fans....

I'm Suk/Thong Lo area too.  The clean clear air after a storm I LOVE, but what I don't love is that when we get any kind of even vaguely cleansing rain, my UBC goes down AND about half of the lightning storms knock the power out in my building thus no A/C and no fans....

And how about the traffic? :o

And to storm drains overflowing? :D

The best place to be is definitely on a balcony high above the chaos with a glass of wine and a (dare I say it?) f... f..... ciggy!

:D

Up country here where I live we get this most days and the biggest problem we have is getting the soil back off the road and back onto the land. The other problems are making sure that the water runs down the ditches we are digging and not down the drive making ruts and trying to get the fish pond to fill up.

Apart from that I love it when it rains and thunders, apart from as mentioned when the electricity goes out, again.

And how about the traffic?  :o

And to storm drains overflowing?  :D

The best place to be is definitely on a balcony high above the chaos with a glass of wine and a (dare I say it?) f... f..... ciggy!

:D

The traffic, yeah... made the stupid mistake of going to On Nut Tesco Lotus Friday after work. To add to the normal Friday rot tit, we had a massive cloudburst while shopping. When we came out the traffic was at a dead stop, didn't move even a meter for over 10 minutes. We went back inside, had a snack and waited 45 minutes to get a taxi to lug the full shopping cart of crap home.

Was wishing I was on my balcony with a glass of red or a cold Tiger.... :D

:o The other 'benefit' of a heavy storm is it washes the pollution out of the sky and allows the sun to shine through more strongly. Or at least I suspect this to be the case. Always seem to have to apply more sun cream to kids after rain.