Even Homepro Rips Ya?

Dustoff

~

I have gotten to be very careful whenever I buy something in a box. Check to see that it is unopened, maybe even have someone open it because I know how Thais put returned and non-functional items right back with the other stock to be handed out to the next hapless customer.

HomePro just got me for the 3rd time with the same gambit. The box was SO carefully resealed I did not suspect tampering. Yeah, right. Hot water heater, scratched on every surface, screws and other parts missing, no manual. The thing looked like someone dragged it behind a car...

Please be extra aware out there when buying - "they" will have you in a heartbeat. :o

Edited by Dustoff

As suggested by the brilliant Ms. Buadhai, we now open such boxes before we leave the establishment. She even insists on certain items (eg. lightbulbs) being tested and proved to work before we depart. We've never had anyone hesitate to do this for us.

I have also be had by Home Pro with a shower hose marked 1.8m being the 1.5m version. I suspect this had been done by a customer and staff just put it back up for sale. Not enough to make a special trip but annoying that I did not have what I needed.

Must say I've always found Homepro to be better than most.

I've bought several things from them over the years and have had a few problems with goods that broke or became faulty within the guarantee period. Every time I had a problem, they replaced the faulty goods without any quibbles. (On one occasion they even replaced a 9 month old water heater on the spot without even sending it to their repair department. I will certainly continue to use them.

Any decent shop selling electric stuff will open and test it first, even light bulbs which is a nice touch.

When I first saw shops doing this (testing lightbulbs), I though it was kinda absurd. Why should one really need to test a lightbulb before leaving a store? But the more time I spend dealing with businesses in Thailand, the more I realize that this testing is a good thing. To say that after-sales support (should there be a problem) generally leaves something to be desired in Thailand is a bit of an understatement. :o

Must say I've always found Homepro to be better than most.

I've bought several things from them over the years and have had a few problems with goods that broke or became faulty within the guarantee period. Every time I had a problem, they replaced the faulty goods without any quibbles. (On one occasion they even replaced a 9 month old water heater on the spot without even sending it to their repair department. I will certainly continue to use them.

I guess the OP knows where his heater came from. :o

Happens with so much stuff.. and I always see stuff that you return as defect just goes straight back on the shelf..

Homepro I bought a large gaz barbeque.. Great big thing for 20k baht.. I explicity asked multiple times if everything is included and added all the lava rocks etc that were not.. Item gets delivered and guess what theres no gaz hose.

That would have been bearable if the gaz hose did not fit onto a specific screw thread built into the device that no one locally had seen, heard of, or could get a part for.. Back to home Pro to be told that A ) it wasnt important !! (I guess the gaz barbeque is ornamental then) B ) that the extra parts were readily available in all gaz supply shop (after having been to them) C ) they didnt have the part, never had the part, couldnt get the part, etc..

After perhaps 30 mins of getting more and more frustrated the anger monster came out and to remain with some composure I just told them fine, come get the ###### thing I want a full and complete refund.. Amazingly 3 minutes later a hose designed for the contraption appeared.. The reason for all this ?? The hose had a N american gaz bottle adapter on the bottle end (not a problem hose could be cut and spliced to a Thai one)..

What baffles me is what did all the other purchasers do ?? This cant have been the first one sold its a line of products they sell..

Secondly during the pointing out that an included part was missing (by showing the part clearly labelled in the manual and instructions) they just maintained total denial and kept repeating the mantra 'no service.. import' during this whole escapade I pointed out the big sign on the demo unit with 5 year warrantee and the explicit assurances of same in the owners manual.. Cries of 'no warantee.. import' echoing down the corridors.. I suggested they took down the 5 year warrantee if there really wasnt one but no that had to stay up on the demo units sign !!! One manager looking at the unit and looking at the sign (big sign) stuck on the front of the BBQ saying 5 year warantee just kept muttering 'no warantee.. import' over and over.

I have come to live with and expect nothing much in the way of after sales service or care but this would have been funny if it wasnt so annoying..

No warrantee.. Import.

Edited by LivinLOS

Until July I lived in Lampang, now in Nonthaburi, and bought nearly all my electrical stuff from the Siam TV branch there. While I wholeheartedly agree about the lack of aftersales service in LOS in general, Siam TV Lampang were always brilliant, not expensive, the best aftersales service I've ever had in Thailand, great staff, the full monty. I don't know what Siam TV Chiang Mai is like but Lampang is the dogs goolies. Personally I've never had a problem with Homepro, maybe I'm just lucky!

Until July I lived in Lampang, now in Nonthaburi, and bought nearly all my electrical stuff from the Siam TV branch there.  While I wholeheartedly agree about the lack of aftersales service in LOS in general, Siam TV Lampang were always brilliant, not expensive, the best aftersales service I've ever had in Thailand, great staff, the full monty.  I don't know what Siam TV Chiang Mai is like but Lampang is the dogs goolies.  Personally I've never had a problem with Homepro, maybe I'm just lucky!

I've been in CMai now for several years and buy all my electrics from Siam TV, also called Electronic Plaza. Not only are their prices more than competitive, their aftersales service is exceptionally good. They have an in-house service center and will also visit your home to make service calls. This is unlike most places elsewhere in CMai who do no servicing or like the big department stores tell you to send the item to Bangkok for repair. Regards,