Tasty Pizza In Korat?

touch

I guess it all depends on how you define "good" and to what extent you've learned to let your standards slide.

In keeping with the season, we had a vegetarian pizza delivered by The Pizza Company yesterday and I quiet enjoyed it.

Was it good?

I guess it all depends on how you define "good"....

Even when I panic I manage to stay away from the "Co" and "Hut" ersatz pizzas.

Usually have to stave off my craving until I go to BKK. However, this time it is especially tough to try not to think of a hot pizza with gorgonzola. :o

Has to be able to get it somewhere closer than BKK, maybe Nakhon Ratchasima (Muang)??

Anyone got any ideas, I am ready to try them all.

touch

Touch, good luck in you pursuit for a decent pizza. I have tried quite a few outlets in Buriram, Surin and Korat and so far have had no luck. The local Buriram Thai Pizza Company would have to be the worst pizza I have ever had. I tried one piece of a Ham & Pineapple Pizza and nearly threw it back up :D I was going to chuck the rest out but Mrs Daddy (who does not eat pizza) told me to give it to the local poor underfed soi dog. :D Well he had a sniff at it, gulped down about two slices, and about 2 minutes later he did throw it back up :D Lucky for me I like / enjoy Thai food, and eat it 99% of the time. Now the only problem I have is that same soi dog tries to kill me every time I walk pass him :o I guess he thinks he I was trying to kill him :D

Usually have to stave off my craving until I go to BKK. However, this time it is especially tough to try not to think of a hot pizza with gorgonzola. :o

I thought you wanted tasty pizza? Gorgonzola doesn't belong on pizza, and anyone who wants gorgonzola on their pizza has a fundamentally flawed concept of good pizza.

Have you considered making your own?

Sorry , I have to agree with Cathyy & daddy here . There is no good pizza in Korat or anywhere in between . ( stuffed crust , stuffed with immation crabstixs ?? ) I think not . Pineapple....Plllllleaes . You will just have to choke it down if you cant make it yourself at pizza hut or the Company .

I guess I havent been any help .

I thought you wanted tasty pizza? Gorgonzola doesn't belong on pizza, and anyone who wants gorgonzola on their pizza has a fundamentally flawed concept of good pizza.

Have you considered making your own?

...Yes, gorgonzola really doesn't belong on pizza...I think you mean MOZZARELLA..that's right!!!

There's the Sweedish Pizza shop in town - not bad and another French Pizza shop just on the road heading into town from the Pegasus hotel, about half way down on the left hand side - pretty good thin crust pizzas. try them out - better than both the pizza co. and pizza hut I would say.

There's the Sweedish Pizza shop in town - not bad and another French Pizza shop just on the road heading into town from the Pegasus hotel, about half way down on the left hand side - pretty good thin crust pizzas. try them out - better than both the pizza co. and pizza hut I would say.

Can you provide any more detail on either of these places? I live in Korat and don't know either one....

Precise location?

Contact information?

Anything else?

Can you provide any more detail on either of these places? I live in Korat and don't know either one....

Precise location?

Contact information?

Anything else?

Hey Mike and OP. One of the places kev_o is referring to is the Shop next door to the Pasinee....you know that "unfriendly" guy which is why I wouldn't recommend it when I first read this thread (and if kev_o is who I think it is :D , then he knows what I mean and I'm surprised he mentioned it :o ). And for that matter the Pasinee has an "ok" decent Lebanese style pizza with lots of MOZZARELLA, if that is what the OP was referring to.

The French place, I have heard good things about, but will have to wait for kev_o or someone else to respond as to "exact" location and/or more details.

Perhaps a hint from Buddhist philosophy is appropriate here:

Learn to love the pizza your have rather than lamenting the one you don't.

And, yes, the Isaan Dining Guide does list a pizza joint in Korat....

I am not lamenting the pizza I haven't got, I am just staying away from what is offered at "Hut" and "Co" :D

As for the remarks about Mozzarella or Gorgonzola I have to admit that I do like some Gorgonzola mixed with the Mozzarella on a Bella Donna pizza. Otherwise I am with you on choosing Mozzarella for pizza topping.

I have tried making my own pizza, but the "all purpose" flour here isn't really all purpose :o and getting hold of Mozzarella, not to mention Gorgonzola, in Isaan seems to be pretty impossible.

Usually I buy my breakfast Cheddar at Foodland in BKK and if I am in BKK already I'll just have a "real" pizza at one of the italian restaurants there.

Only thing I miss living in Korat, compared with my ten previous years in BKK, is Cheese and really good coffee. Coffee beans I can get in Saraburi, but for cheese have to go to BKK. ( and for those who says "bread" my wife bakes fantastic bread)

I DID see the mention of "Pizza Shop" in the restaurant guide and wondered why it never came up. Am i missing something here?

The quest continues :D

touch

I DID see the mention of "Pizza Shop" in the restaurant guide and wondered why it never came up. Am i missing something here?

The quest continues :o

touch

"Missing something"....in my opinion, NO. But as the famous Thai saying goes...up2u. :D

Whatever it might be worth to you, the Pasinee now offers "fresh lamb" for sale by the Kilo every Monday. In addition, Pasinee Mike said he soon will be making sheep milk style feta cheese. Can't wait to give that a try. He is also making his own "cheddar" which tastes great to me. :D

Edited by Ken

The quest continues :D

touch

"Missing something"....in my opinion, NO. But as the famous Thai saying goes...up2u. :D

Whatever it might be worth to you, the Pasinee now offers "fresh lamb" for sale by the Kilo every Monday. In addition, Pasinee Mike said he soon will be making sheep milk style feta cheese. Can't wait to give that a try. He is also making his own "cheddar" which tastes great to me. :D

Can't help but feel that there is some undercurrent here that isn't necessarily about the pizza.

May I be so bold as to put a straight question.

Would a visit to The Pizza Shop be a detour on my quest or not. Talking about the "Tasty Pizza" in the subject line here :o

Thanks

touch

The undercurrent is that The Pizza Shop is next door to Pasinee. The competition is not friendly.

Although I am the author of the Isaan Dining Guide (see link above), I have never been to The Pizza Shop and therefore am in no position to judge whether or not the pizza is tasty.

Certainly there are others reading this thread qualified to comment?

All I meant about the Sweedish Pizza Shop next to the Passini is that the last time I had a Pizza there it was really good, saying that I went for a pizza. I agree also that the Passini has a good pizza. the French place is selling Pizzas and home made pastries. To find it go to the road the Maharat hospital is on, can't remember the name of the road, but it goes up to the junction at the Pegasus hotel. Easy to find.

All I meant about the Sweedish Pizza Shop next to the Passini is that the last time I had a Pizza there it was really good, saying that I went for a pizza. I agree also that the Passini has a good pizza. the French place is selling Pizzas and home made pastries. To find it go to the road the Maharat hospital is on, can't remember the name of the road, but it goes up to the junction at the Pegasus hotel. Easy to find.

Now, now "newby" kev_o. Nothing "personal here" concerning that "unmentionable place". :D:D By the way any decent pizza in Bombay....??? :D:D:D

Ok. Got the pariculars for that French Pizza place. Just need to try it sometime as you guys keep "raving" about it.

Name of the "joint" all this from business card (courtesty of our "buddy" Steve:

DAILY-FRENCH

Jean-Pierre 'IT' Bince

522 Chang Phuck Rd

email: [email protected]

Phone: 06 7429210

And Steve does confirm that this is "Excellent Pizza". :o

Yes it is on the road off from "A2" on the way to the Maharat (sp?) hospital but before you get to the hospital on the left hand side.

Now, now "newby" kev_o. Nothing "personal here" concerning that "unmentionable place". :D:D By the way any decent pizza in Bombay....??? :D:D:D

Ok. Got the pariculars for that French Pizza place. Just need to try it sometime as you guys keep "raving" about it.

Name of the "joint" all this from business card (courtesty of our "buddy" Steve:

DAILY-FRENCH

Jean-Pierre 'IT' Bince

522 Chang Phuck Rd

email: [email protected]

Phone: 06 7429210

And Steve does confirm that this is "Excellent Pizza". :D

Yes it is on the road off from "A2" on the way to the Maharat (sp?) hospital but before you get to the hospital on the left hand side.

@buadhai, thanks for the clarification :o

I am all for competition. Would be nice if it could be friendly competition, but alas....

@ ken and kev, thanks for the address to the "french place'

I have never been to either place, but will be sure to try them out. For the pizza.

Meanwhile, I went to La Maison in Pakchong on Sunday night.

Real nice and a bit upscale restaurant. Their sign says "Steak, Pizza and Pasta"

We had a couple of steaks and my daughter had Spaghetti Carbonara. We bought a Quattro Stagione "to go".

The pizza dough was way to sweet, but otherwise it wasn't bad at all.

However, I would go back there, more for the Steaks and Pasta than for the pizza though.

Beats "hut" and "Co." ...............

touch

Edited by touch