ManU In Decline?

Bredbury Blue

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

….well I’m no fan of either of the Manchester clubs but I have to say, Man U have been entertaining in the past and played some great football.

It’s true to say they are on a downer at the moment but with all of their resources I would imagine them to be challenging Chelsea within the next season or two!

Every team has to go through a rebuilding period when the current squad of players gets older, this is happening to Man U now and the player they have been bringing in as replacements have not been good enough or suited to the Premiership, Veron, Djemba-Djemba, Bellion just to name a few.

Even through this rebuiding period they are still a force to be reckoned with. I think Ferguson will probably not be around for too much longer although this does depend on what he can do with the team this season. I thought he should have stepped down after the treble winning season in 99 and i think he would like to go out on a high with some sort of trophy at least...maybe this will be the season. CL is looking more likely than the Premiership though with Chelsea looking to have it pretty much won already!

Dearer dearer me Bradbury blue

You really are obsessssssssssssssssed with Utd aren,t you.

First on Has the preimership lost its magic thread on this forum and now making a new thread. :D

Qote Harryhacker

well I’m no fan of either of the Manchester clubs but I have to say, Man U have been entertaining in the past and played some great football.

It’s true to say they are on a downer at the moment but with all of their resources I would imagine them to be challenging Chelsea within the next season or two!

Listen to Harry hacker.

Oh i forgot Utd have never played good attacking football have they!

JJP

by the way i have replied to your thread on the Has the preimership lost its magic.

Enjoy :o

One of the problems Utd are facing is that players like Keane, Giggs and Scholes are in their 30's now and they aren't effective as they were 5 years ago. Also Beckham has never been replaced. Man Utd desperatly miss his crosses and set-pieces.

Fergie has also made some crap buys. Some players have already been mentioned and also other players such as Howard, Saha and Smith have been at best average.

Even though Man Utd aren't as good as they were, I don't think they will ever finish out of the top 3 in the near future.

If you remember back in the 70's and 80's, Utd used to regularly finish in mid-table and were even relegated once. Can't see their current decline ever getting that serious.

Who are you kidding? Man U is no match for Chelsea and they don't even look like champions anymore. Is it a decline? No, it's death of Man U as we know it.

While Abramovich put money in the team he bought, Man U's new owner expects the team to pay for his purchase. Good luck.

Fergie is in the same spot as Wenger - burned out.

PS. I'm no big fan of Chelskies, but Mourinho is the king at the moment. How long will he last? End of this season at least? Two more years would be unbearable.

man utd in decline hahaha,, one loss all season some great young talent coming through.

yes chelsea are head and shoulders above anyone else at the moment but what do you expect when they have spent 300million pounds,united are only two players short of challenging chelsea if they get ballack in january and all our injured players back we will have a strong finish to the season,only a year ago arsenal was the best side ever,well so people where saying,look what happened after they lost too united they have not been the same since.

so on 4 th november when united play chelsea hope united can win and breath some life in the premiership and try to keep in touch.

bredbury blue you are a tosser calling us manu you no true manc's dont use that term,,or are you one of those sad blues that call us munich's and still say everyone in manchester follow city,,lol.

another obsessed bluenose.

yes i am manc born and bread and followed utd since my first game in 1965 as a 7 year old.

so to all you doubters who hope united are finished we are not far off being a good side again.

also watch out for a young striker at united called rossi part italian/yank he is excellent and will be the next break through at united.

one thing is united still give the youngsters a go,richardson an bardsley are just coming through,and spector out on loan another good player and another one blake to watch out for,,i would rather these youngsters come through than waste money on the crap fergie bought like dejemba and klebsfoot.

and

I would say United are in transition and not in decline. What they do need is a fresh manager though. I think Fergie has probably taken them as far as he can now and it would be a shame for him for his final few season to be a complete shambles.

Yes they are behind Chelsea as are Arsenal but with the cash power the Blues have is it any wonder. I have never really liked Man U but i hope they beat Chelsea, not solely for the resaon that i dont like Chelsea now but at leat a Man U victory would breathe a bit of life into the Premiership title race.

Oh I hope that their decline continues all the way  ( at least past Leeds anyway)

Man u  :D

Being an impartial :o Man City fan.....i would have to agree :D

No, it's death of Man U as we know it.

Hope so :D

you glory hunting

Come on Prof, how can anyone say we (City) fans are glory hunting....we haven't won <deleted> all :D

BTW, I do go to watch the Dale occasionally

bredbury blue you are a tosser calling us manu you no true manc's dont use that term,,or are you one of those sad blues that call us munich's and still say everyone in manchester follow city,,lol.

another obsessed bluenose.

Tosser eh, thank you Gary or is it Phil Nev(ille), for the compliment.

"You know true Manc's don't use that term"; I presume you are referring to my use manu, well I’m sure the administrator won't let me use the term that true Manc's of the blue variety use, such as “the Scum”, “Red <deleted>”, “Munich”, etc. and no I’m not one of those that’s ever called you “Munich”, i'm well aware from listening to my Blue Dad and Granddad that they couldn't condone a son of theirs using such an idiotic term. Personally mate, i always call your lot ManU or ManUre, nothing too odious.

And no i'm one of those sad Blues that says "everyone in Manchester follow City" but i am one of those sad Blues that says "the MAJORITY of mancunians follow City". And yes i am another obsessed bluenose, bitterblue, etc.

The irony about so called city fans is that they spend more time talking about united than they do their own poxy club.

If you ask me they're both chav scum <deleted> clubs, and so are Leeds!

Up the Dale!

Can't keep it clean then ProfessorFart.

Actually if you knew anything about City supporters you would find that obviously we spend most of our time about City and occasionally about ManU; are you trying to tell me they don't talk about us - get real! And if you are a ROCHdale supporter you should know that.

BTW, as a Bredbury lad, shouldn't you be a County fan you glory hunting <deleted>?

You're as bad as the Munichs!!

As a Bredbury lad i have spent many nights supporting County back when they played on Friday nights, i've also spent money watching Bury, Rochdale, Oldham and Bolton (in the lower division days) when City were away and i couldn't go. But I am a City fan as i and the family hail from Bradford in Manchester (always been City area going back to my Grandad's day due to the proximity of our Ardwick roots) and that is the team we've supported for the best part of 90 years.

How about you cut out the use of Munich, not very smart you know, and if you ask any City fan of a reasonable age they wouldn't condone it.

You have to hit these Cheshire Glory Hunters where it hurts Nev!

I can imagine this Cheshire 'Mancunian' rattling on about how City are the only team in Manchester etc.

I'll bet you he won't reply here either!

Oh i 'm hurt. and where do you get the glory hunter bit from?

As YOU have brought up the old chestnut of ManU not being a club from Manchester jere's my take on it. Apparently City ARE the only team in the city of Manchester:

The Metropolitan County of Greater Manchester contains the two Cities of Manchester and Salford plus the eight Boroughs of Bolton, Bury, Oldham, Rochdale, Stockport, Tameside, Trafford and Wigan; the football clubs within the County’s boundaries include Bolton, Bury, Manchester City, Manchester United, Oldham, Rochdale, Stockport and Wigan (apologises if I’ve missed any club).

Manchester City FC is therefore THE ONLY club within the boundaries of the City of Manchester and on a geographical basis is therefore THE SOLE club which may strictly call itself Manchester’s club – which is probably why City currently have an advertising campaign ‘Pure Manchester’.

Manchester United FC therefore wrongly professes to call itself Manchester’s other club, as based upon geographical boundaries they have no more right to call themselves a Manchester club than say Bolton or Rochdale (let’s leave aside historical boundaries).

Bred Blue

Manchester City FC is therefore THE ONLY club within the boundaries of the City of Manchester and on a geographical basis is therefore THE SOLE club which may strictly call itself Manchester’s club – which is probably why City currently have an advertising campaign ‘Pure Manchester’.

I dont know bred blue, i thought you were better than this. :o

It reminds me when i was in school and city fans used to say

our floodlights and pitch are bigger than Utds (which they were) but come on clutching at straws mate. The brough of Trafford was only formed years after Utd moved there so ur point is not valid mate cos Utd have been at old trafford a lot longer me thinks. Its politics that have done that and nothing to do with not coming from Manchester (hence the name MANCHESTER UNITED).Also Newton Heath and you cant get more Manc than that.

As for the Manchester campaigh, come on, clutchin at straws again mate.

City fans only use these kind of comments cos they cant come up with anything original.

A sad example i know so dont shot me please

I am not one for buying football shirts cos i think they are a rip off unless you live in Thailand :D but why have UTD always sold more shirts in Manchester than City if, as you say, City have more fans there. The logic does not add up.

Bred Blue

How about you cut out the use of Munich, not very smart you know, and if you ask any City fan of a reasonable age they wouldn't condone it.

Well said, It just goes to show how sad some people are.

BLUE: Well we are know what City supporters think of the MEN – this is the newspaper that is so scared of Fergie that they don’t allow authors access to their files for research. I have heard of the report you refer to and look forward to reading it again.

It wasn't the MEN it was some uni that conducted the survey

here is the link

http://www.mipc.mmu.ac.uk/docs/SeasonTicke...r%20report'

Refer to the 5.2 Manchester location. Its interesting reading mate.

BLUE: Who’s Boyle? I thought you are a City fan.

No, I had a boil on my right cheek at the weekend and it was on my mind. I even spelt it wrong :D

BLUE: So who’s in the hat to replace Fergie then?

Good Q. Off the top of my head maybe Capallo from Juve or the ex Bayern Munich coach Hitz whatever his name is, otherwise its a hard one. I cant think of any British mangers though.

Notice how you said Fergie and not Lord red nose this time. Nice one, maybe the bitterness is wearing thin.

BLUE: Too bloody right mate, I even got my little un’s in their kits on the Saturday as a show of solidarity.

Watch it mate cos people might think you have a worldwide following and they might ask you if you actually come from Manchester :o

Brought over from ‘Has the Premiership lost its magic…”

Quote Nev: i dont hate city you are just small time rivals liverpool are our main rivals.” Quote JJP: Bred blue, Nev, Maybe we should carry on in the utd in decline thread cos this is nothing to do with the topic thread, Cheers JJP

Well here we go guys.

When I started this thread, it wasn’t particularly to have a go at ManU although that’s always nice, I really wanted to see what was the feeling others have of ManU and do they think as I do that you’re on the slippery slopes which will come to a head with the resignation (they couldn’t be seen to sack him could they) of Fergie. Have to admit that there haven’t been many postings particularly on what I posed until of course we 3 of course went of at a tangent.

So maybe people contributing would like to read and answer the subject posted, and as I posted it (kind of “its my ball”) I would like to add “Do you (i.e. ManU supporters only) really believe that Liverpool are your main rivals, and if so why”?

Did you know that.

Manchester United's Record attendance was: 70,504 vs Aston Villa 27/12/1920 Division 1

However, they had 83,260 for United v Arsenal......... at Maine Road in 1948

As for, "are Man U :o in decline", apart from me obviously hoping they are, i really think that they are. Fergie should be looking at getting out soon. You can't argue with the success he's had and the job he has done but I think he's lost the edge now. Also, if they don't win anything this year, the Sponsors won't be happy and the Glaziers will oust him. That would be a sad ending for someone who has done so much for the club. Just my opinion.

the main reason liverpool are our main rivals is to do with the hate the fans have for each other,mainly the rivallary on and off the field.

in man utd fans eyes we have 3 main rivals liverpool then city and then leeds in that order.

if you have been to a liverpool and united game you will understand where i am coming from.

just back on topic we are not on any slippery slope, i admit we have a ageing midfield.but apart from that we have some excellent young players comming through,ie rossi ebank-blake bardsley richardson,jones just to name a few and i hope fegie has the balls to give the young ones a go,as united have always been built on bringing young players through.

we have had 2 excellent buys this year in van der sar and park.

and in the january transfer window if the rumour is true ballack will be joining us o to sum it all up in decline no transition yes.

bred blue had a few great nights at bredbury hall country club,and i too used to follow stockport county when united was not playing and on friday nights,,great times there too.

the main reason liverpool are our main rivals is to do with the hate the fans have for each other,mainly the rivallary on and off the field.

in man utd fans eyes we have 3 main rivals liverpool then city and then leeds in that order.

if you have been to a liverpool and united game you will understand where i am coming from.

Nev,

If you truly believe that Liverpool and two others, but not City your main rivals then you're deluding yourself - I’m also guessing you're less than 40 years of age as you clearly no little of the Manchester rivalry.

Oh i 'm hurt. and where do you get the glory hunter bit from?

From the fact that you are from Bredbury. Hardly next door to the City of Manchester Stadium or Maine Road for that matter. Stockport County not glamourous enough for you?

What, having another go! Well you got me this time and I’ll have to bow to your greater knowledge of Manchester as I am indeed hardly next to City of Manchester Stadium or Maine Road (6 to 7 miles, 20 minutes drive, 4 stops on the train or so) compared to Stockport (3 to 4 miles).

PS. I suggest you read my earlier response to you on my Bredbury and Man City connections which said “I am a City fan as i and the family hail from Bradford in Manchester (always been City area going back to my Granddad’s day due to the proximity of our Ardwick roots) and that is the team we've supported for the best part of 90 years”. FYI Bradford is where COMS is situated.

Nowt wrong with County in my book, as I stated earlier I’ve always helped out the local clubs.

Who do you support any way?

Archived