ManU In Decline?

Bredbury Blue

i admit we have  a ageing midfield.but apart from that we have some excellent young players comming through,ie  rossi ebank-blake bardsley richardson,jones

bred blue had a few great nights at bredbury hall country club,and i too used to follow stockport county when united was not playing and on friday nights,,great times there too.

Have seen your Reserves and U18's etc on UBC MUTV - yeah i agree that Rossi is the cream of the crop, he's maybe a touch small though to make it time will tell. Like us you have a good bunch coming through - weren't you reserves champs last year after we blew up on the run in and came 3rd.

Hope you got up to plenty of naughtiness at the infamous bredbury hall country club! Funny enough i've lived 5-10 mins walk away from there most my life yet only been twice - the brothers are regulars though. Did you ever go to Quaffers? Do you know the dj on FM107 kevin wood is from Bredders? Where you from then, guessing south M/cr if you went down Edgeley Park?

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nev

the main reason liverpool are our main rivals is to do with the hate the fans have for each other,mainly the rivallary on and off the field.

in man utd fans eyes we have 3 main rivals liverpool then city and then leeds in that order.

Bred blue

Nev is right. Its always been that way. The hatred is very intense. Many Utd fans dislike Liverpool cos they have been more successful :o then us so we have the right to hate them. Liverpool hate us cos no matter what they have won they knew that they would never be as big a club as Utd.

I hold my hands up and say they had some great teams but i do dislike them more than any other team and you ask any Liverpool fan and they would say the same.

Bred blue a bit like how you feel about Utd many Utd fans feel the same about the Liverpool.

Even now Arsenal and maybe Chelsea fans may think that we are there rivals but as i said the scousers will always be Utds.

qUOTE nEV

if you have been to a liverpool and united game you will understand where i am coming from.

Going to Anfield in the eighties was always a delight. The hatred was intense and when we drove up in the coaches you could feel it and not to mention the bricks through the windows.

I remember going to the fa cup semi final at goodison in 85 v loonypool. I was only 15 at the time and it was the scarest time i have had at a football match. The fighting in and around the ground was madness.

My dad went the other week to Anfield and he said its not as bad as years ago but you can still feel it in the air.

God, the only thing i miss about England is gointg to the match.

Well at least i got UBC

JJP

pps Bred blue did you read the uni survey.

bred blue you are right i cannot bag you from being from bredbury i come from offerton you may no it well used to be a city area,well i was more woodbank where was all reds and offerton blue so a lot of rivalry.

yes i used to go to quaffers good nites there too.

jjp yes had some great times and fights at loonypool and yes i too was at the 1985 semis home and away and the 79 semis home and away the 85 one in liverpool was by far the worst i have been too.i also was there in 1978 when the united fan got a dart in his nose.

i live australia now and only thing i miss too is the football,i go thailand 3 times a year next trip in 3 weeks.

i presume you two live bangkok? i normally go down to pattaya,pity we cannot meet up for a few drinks to carry on the good banter, cheers guys.

Bred Blue: Manchester City FC is therefore THE ONLY club within the boundaries of the City of Manchester and on a geographical basis is therefore THE SOLE club which may strictly call itself Manchester’s club – which is probably why City currently have an advertising campaign ‘Pure Manchester’.

JJP: I dont know bred blue, i thought you were better than this. :o The brough of Trafford was only formed years after Utd moved there so ur point is not valid mate cos Utd have been at old trafford a lot longer me thinks. Its politics that have done that and nothing to do with not coming from Manchester (hence the name MANCHESTER UNITED).Also Newton Heath and you cant get more Manc than that.

JJP,

Actually your mate ProfessorFart brought up the chestnut of ManU not being a city of Manchester club, not me. But as he did here are the facts as I understand them:

ManU were founded as Newton Heath in 1878 turning professional in 1885 and played in Monsall, Collyhurst. The districts of Collyhurst and Newton Heath were incorporated into the city of Manchester in 1885 and 1890 respectively. ManU moved in 1910 to Old Trafford which does not form part of the city of Manchester and never has. Therefore for the 25 year period ONLY from 1885 to 1910 ManU was a Manchester club.

City started as Gorton Athletic in 1880 and played at Clowes Street, Gorton. In 1887 they amalgamated with West Gorton to turn professional and become Ardwick FC based at Hyde Road, Gorton. 1894 saw the final change to Manchester City. In 1923 City moved to Maine Road, Moss Side. The districts of West Gorton and Moss Side were incorporated into Manchester in 1885 and 1904 respectively. Therefore since our conception in 1887 and for the 118 year period of our existence we have been a Manchester club.

So there you have it, for 25 years ManU were a M/cr team but for the past 95 years you’ve no more right to profess to coming from Manchester than your Greater Manchester colleagues from Bolton, Stockport C, Bury, Wigan A, Rochdale, etc – Manchester Rochdale nah, Manchester Bolton nah, Manchester United – bloody trade descriptions matey!

Interesting eh!

Its good Google isn’t it!

You guys are chuffing unreal:

1. “The main reason Liverpool are our main rivals is to do with the hate the fans have for each other, mainly the rivalry on and off the field.” Unreal. I’m in a pub with a ManU and a Liverpool supporter, there’s an argument meaning I have to choose who to support, course be ManU as you’re almost from Manchester (nah, mean cause you could be my next door neighbour and I know you’d leave me hubcaps alone). Your derby match is with us though and never forget it.

2. “In man utd fans eyes we have 3 main rivals Liverpool then city and then leeds in that order.” What makes you think that we don’t have 3 main rivals, Man U, Man U Res, Man U U18’s.

3. “Its always been that way”. Your talking bobbins, are you trying to tell me that before Liverpool got their act together and became a force in 72/73 season that your Dad’s would say that the team he hated the most, his biggest rival wasn’t City. Its always been City, what’s wrong with you guys. Chuffing Liverpool.

4. “If you have been to a Liverpool and united game you will understand where i am coming from.” And if you’d ever been to a Manchester derby you’d know what i mean.

5. “Going to Anfield in the eighties was always a delight. The hatred was intense and when we drove up in the coaches you could feel it and not to mention the bricks through the windows.” Going to Liverpool or Everton is same same, not pleasant.

6. “pps Bred blue did you read the uni survey. Downloadign it; it’s a big bugger isn’t it. I’ll have a shufty at it.

If I find out where you’s live I’m going to go round and tell your Mam’s the rubbish you’re spouting and there’ll be no bloody chips for you with your tea that night!

Woodbank Park, jes, we’re practically neighbours. Did they ever find those stone lion’s nicked of the park gates back in the Dec 2000? Took the missus (Thai) for a walk around the park, down cross the river to Bredbury (Balck n’White Farm) back then.

Yep, I’m in the Land of Smells.

See my last posting, between us lets see if betwen us we've woken up any scousers? I've always preferred Evertonians myself, they're a bit more down to earth.

Bred Blue

“Its always been that way”. Your talking bobbins, are you trying to tell me that before Liverpool got their act together and became a force in 72/73 season that your Dad’s would say that the team he hated the most, his biggest rival wasn’t City. Its always been City, what’s wrong with you guys. Chuffing Liverpool.

Maybe before my time you were our rivals (before 75, god you must be getting on Bred Blue) but i am sorry to say again you ask any Utd fan from the seventies and eighties and it will be Liverpool mate. I think its because of the success both clubs have had over the years and thats why there is a hatred between the 2. Maybe if City had been winning things :o it might have been different.

Bred blue

“If you have been to a Liverpool and united game you will understand where i am coming from.” And if you’d ever been to a Manchester derby you’d know what i mean.

Been to many derby games and its not as intense, sorry. 89 at maine road springs to mind but not a patch on going down the East Lancs.

Bred Blue,

Actually your mate ProfessorFart brought up the chestnut of ManU not being a city of Manchester club, not me. But as he did here are the facts as I understand them:

ManU were founded as Newton Heath in 1878 turning professional in 1885 and played in Monsall, Collyhurst. The districts of Collyhurst and Newton Heath were incorporated into the city of Manchester in 1885 and 1890 respectively. ManU moved in 1910 to Old Trafford which does not form part of the city of Manchester and never has. Therefore for the 25 year period ONLY from 1885 to 1910 ManU was a Manchester club.

City started as Gorton Athletic in 1880 and played at Clowes Street, Gorton. In 1887 they amalgamated with West Gorton to turn professional and become Ardwick FC based at Hyde Road, Gorton. 1894 saw the final change to Manchester City. In 1923 City moved to Maine Road, Moss Side. The districts of West Gorton and Moss Side were incorporated into Manchester in 1885 and 1904 respectively. Therefore since our conception in 1887 and for the 118 year period of our existence we have been a Manchester club.

So there you have it, for 25 years ManU were a M/cr team but for the past 95 years you’ve no more right to profess to coming from Manchester than your Greater Manchester colleagues from Bolton, Stockport C, Bury, Wigan A, Rochdale, etc – Manchester Rochdale nah, Manchester Bolton nah, Manchester United – bloody trade descriptions matey!

Interesting eh!

Its good Google isn’t it!

My god Bred Blue, You are obsessed with Utd. I think it was Professor Fart who said in an earlier thread that city fans tend to talk about Utd more than concentrating on their own team. Maybe he is right eh.

Fancying serching on the web for that info. I just thought of the Trafford thingy off the top of my head.

Bred Blue

If I find out where you’s live I’m going to go round and tell your Mam’s the rubbish you’re spouting and there’ll be no bloody chips for you with your tea that night!

I Perfer mash potatoes meself with gravy.

JJP

ok bred blue you win :o your knowledge and obsession about united is amazing and we all agree man city is a massive club they have the most fans they have been a manchester club longer than us,, all i can say i put my hands up.

but but but :D football is about winning and being succesfull and i think we no who the bigger club is world wide and the most succesfull dont we. :D:D

reminds me of the man city fan climbing over the turnstiles at the council house was told to climb back in,,, :D just about sum's up man city..

what is it now 29 years soon to be 30 years. cheers nev

Yep I’m totally obsessed.

Thanks for pointing out the survey to me; I’ve studied, makes good reading and the way I read it is its very pro-City for the following reasons.

It shows that:

1. It refers to season tickets in 2001 but doesn’t say was that 2000-02 (Utd Champs / City relegated) or 2001/02 (Utd 3rd / City promoted). The season the survey was done is relevant but not stated.

2. Utd’s Capacity was 68,164; City’s 34,026 (Maine Road).

3. Utd’s season tickets was 27,677 (41%); City’s 16,481 (48%) – therefore City has proportionately more season ticket holders while Utd have numerically more.

4. Utd’s season ticket holders in Manchester (7,808 or 11% of capacity); City’s (6,678 or 20% of capacity) – City has proportionately double the season ticket holders while Utd have numerically more by not a lot. Numerically therefore there are more Utd season ticket holders in M/cr – just – but there is a greater proportion of City season ticket holders than Utd who live in Manchester.

5. Utd’s season ticket holders in the suburbs of (a) Oldham, (:o Stockport, © Warrington & (d) Bolton. (a) overall City are numerically more (523 to 500) and all five postcodes have double the presence of city than Utd by %. (:D City are numerically more (2470 to 2084) and all nine postcodes have double or more the presence of City than Utd by %. © City are numerically less (501 to 890) with both postcodes being fractionally in Utd’s favour, i.e. 1.93% to 1.91%. (d) City are numerically less (36 to 87) with the one postcode fractionally in Utd’s favour. Overall City in the Manchester suburbs are numerically more (3740 to 3561).

6. In the North-West (Lancs, Cheshire, Gtr Manchester, Merseyside, Cumbria) Utd have the numerical advantage (19,788 to 12,864) but that represents that 78% of City’s season ticket holders are local while Utd only have 72% local support.

Overall it means that yes numerically Utd have more local season ticket holders out of a capacity of 68,000 in a season when Utd came 1st or 3rd, compared to City who proportionately have more local support in a ‘reduced’ capacity of 34,000 (now risen to 48,000) in a season when we were either relegated or promoted.

Statistics, eh, just love em.

PS. Last season, Utd’s Average home attendance was 67,871 or 99.5% of the 68,174 capacity, while City were the 3rd best supported at home with an average of 45,192 or 94.1% of the 48,00 capacity – a pat on the back for the two teams from M14 and M16!!!

See you tomorrow!

Mr B.J do yourself a favour and download that survey they were on

about - i love it, just it!

what is it now 29 years soon to be 30 years.  cheers  nev

I'm not so bothered about that as "29 years and we're still here" :o

What i am bothered about, is the fact that you lot don't hate us as much as you hate the Scousers. That's just not right, or fair play. You have to hate us more than you hate them, it's in the blood, you hear, IT'S IN THE BLOOD. You just gotta hate us, cos nobody else does and we don't hate anybody else.

Bred,

I support Rochdale. Always have. I have no time for any other team bar Rochdale which is why I always find Man City fan's obsessions with United so hard to understand.

In my book if you support a club then you should only be bothered by that club's affairs and <deleted> to the rest. Nothing gets my arse up more than hearing city fans bleating on about United on a daily basis. I wonder if its really a deep rooted sign of regret and anger at themselves that they chose the wrong club!

I enjoy talking about the fortunes of other clubs but only ever in passing. To me what happens at Spotland all important and I tend to pay only passing interest at what happens at the other grounds in the UK and this seems to be the case with most supporters of other teams bar City and to a lesser extent Everton.

Indeed, I'm having a real chuckle at Bury's current misfortunes, but not to the point of posting her about them unless they drop!!!

I wonder if its really a deep rooted sign of regret and anger at themselves that they chose the wrong club!

Could be something in that, the only thing wrong with that point Prof, is that my Father made me support them, so i didn't really have a choice. Once you go to your first match and wear the shirt, that's it for life!!!

However, do i regret him taking me.....NO. I do wish we would win more but under no circumstances would i ever contemplate being a Red :o

Brad Blue,

I am not interested in other areas mate only Manchester. That was the point

wasn't it.

5.2 Manchester Location

On the document. Read it properly mate.

It reads

A Machester Location was taken as being resident in M postal code

Num of season tickets

Manchester City 6678

Manchester Utd 7808

This shows that there are numerically MORE Manchester Utd season tickets living in a M postal area. Forgets about proportion mate. What does that mean anyhow?

That means we have MORE.

JJP

Bred Blue and Mr Bojangles

Here is how much Utd fans think you are our rivals.

:D:D Nice one jjp, i shall now have to look through some of my e-mails, in retaliation to that one :o

But here's one for starters.

Sir Alex is queuing in his local building society, when a gunman bursts in through the door demanding money. Ferguson attempts to tackle the raider, but gets knocked over...as he falls, his head smashes the counter and Sir Alex is out cold. The robber escapes and the cashier tries to revive Ferguson. After a few minutes he comes round and looks bewildered. His first words are "Where the h ell am I?". The Cashier replies: "don't worry, its ok, you're in the Nationwide." Ferguson replies, "<deleted> me, is it May already?"

Hey Bred Blue, jjp and Nev might be right. Just found this piccie of a Scouser's sign. They might hate them as much as they say :o:D

And a Quiz question: If one minute of time is taken up in a game for substitutions and one minute for injuries, how much injury time will be added on by the referee if Man Utd are losing at home?

post-19542-1129109860_thumb.jpg

Bred,

I support Rochdale. Always have. I have no time for any other team bar Rochdale which is why I always find Man City fan's obsessions with United so hard to understand.

In my book if you support a club then you should only be bothered by that club's affairs and <deleted> to the rest. Nothing gets my arse up more than hearing city fans bleating on about United on a daily basis. I wonder if its really a deep rooted sign of regret and anger at themselves that they chose the wrong club!

I enjoy talking about the fortunes of other clubs but only ever in passing. To me what happens at Spotland all important and I tend to pay only passing interest at what happens at the other grounds in the UK and this seems to be the case with most supporters of other teams bar City and to a lesser extent Everton.

Indeed,  I'm having a real chuckle at Bury's current misfortunes, but not to the point of posting her about them unless they drop!!!

Go on my son, cough it up.

“Rochdale FC are England's worst performing professional football club. They have spent the last 27 seasons in the basement division - a longer spell than any other club…”. Hey have you ever read it, ‘LIFE SENTENCE’ by Mark Hodkinson (his book “Blue moon” was a classic read in any sports fans eyes).

Quote you: “To me what happens at Spotland all important and…” what the <deleted> ever happens at Spotland that keeps you so enthralled?

Brad Blue,

wasn't it.

5.2 Manchester Location

It reads

Num of season tickets

Manchester City        6678

Manchester Utd        7808

This shows that there are numerically MORE Manchester Utd season tickets living in a M postal area. Forgets about proportion mate. What does that mean anyhow?

That means we have MORE.

JJP

JPJ,

Well in isolation you are perfectly correct, as would be expected in comparative capacities of 68000 to our 34000 (double the capacity at that time), Utd have 1100 (only 1100!) more local season ticket holders than City, so yes you could say you have more season ticket holders than us in M/cr, but it doesn’t take Einstein to tell you that you only have a measly 7808 season ticket holders in M/cr out of 68,000 or another way of saying it is only 11% of your season ticket holders come from M/cr districts compared our 20%  -  and that my friend is what we’ve always been saying we are the local club. And when you have a look a the North-West figures, well,  78% of City’s season ticket holders are local North-West compared to Utd who only have 72% local support. You might also like to take a look at the minutia of the comparisons of the numbers in the individual M/cr postcodes – makes interesting reading (for us).

Read it again in context and not isolation.

PS. That survey you tipped me off to will become essential bedtime reading material for my 3 year old; think my one year old is still a bit young for it, don’t you.

what the <deleted> ever happens at Spotland that keeps you so enthralled?

Apparently more than keeps the average City fan enthralled seeing as all they do is talk about another team 24/7..........

Shut your face Prof :D Are you goin to the Dog for the England match? :o

Brad Blue,

wasn't it.

5.2 Manchester Location

It reads

Num of season tickets

Manchester Utd        7808

That means we have MORE.

JJP

Interesting JJP, did you realise the M postal code covers a number of areas adjacent to Manchester i.e.parts of Bury,Tameside,Oldham etc

Also a close family member of mine (who was involved with the original research) advises me that from those respective areas came 2678 MCFC season ticket holders ,3808 MUFC season ticket holders and 4 Rochdale season ticket holders. :o

Brad Blue,

wasn't it.

5.2 Manchester Location

It reads

Num of season tickets

Manchester Utd         7808

That means we have MORE.

JJP

Interesting JJP, did you realise the M postal code covers a number of areas adjacent to Manchester i.e.parts of Bury,Tameside,Oldham etc

Also a close family member of mine (who was involved with the original research) advises me that from those respective areas came 2678 MCFC season ticket holders ,3808 MUFC season ticket holders and( 4 ROCHDALE season ticket holders. :o

now dont exagerate there is never 4 rochdale season ticket holders,it is 3 they dont count the family's dog. :D:D

Help Bloody hel_l, How do you do the Quote thingy? Every one can do it on this thread except me :D

Bred blue lets beg to differ eh.

I am still not having it. YOU BELIEVE THAT MORE BLUENOSES COME FROM MANCHESTER AND I BELIEVE more Utd come from Manchester(sorry about capitals mate).

Prof Fart.

Apparently more than keeps the average City fan enthralled seeing as all they do is talk about another team 24/7..........

Keep going Bred Blue and your nose will turn red mate instead of blue. Do you dream about Utd as well, just wondering :D

Like the word doc i sent yesterday that is how Utd fans see city. Loonypool will always be our rivals and city will always be a a joke and thats why you we will never hate you as much as the scousers.

29 years and counting.

JJP

PS. That survey you tipped me off to will become essential bedtime reading material for my 3 year old; think my one year old is still a bit young for it, don’t you.

You can brainwash her but she will see the light soon enough.

Aye you never know see might even see city win a trophy before you mate in the year 2055. :o

I had another look at that Research paper again and its flawed isn’t it; I’ll tell you why.

One, it professes to use the ‘M’ postcodes of GREATER Manchester to define the number of season ticket holders “as evidence of being in Manchester” by which they mean the CITY of Manchester, or MANCHESTER CITY COUNCIL .

Two, it uses postcodes M1 to M46 inclusive [why did they exclude M10, M36, M37, M39 & M42, and why is no explanation for doing so] and clearly some of those areas are not in the city of Manchester (i.e. M5, 6, 7, 24 to 46 inclusive which are in Salford, Bury, Tameside, etc) - i.e. they are in districts of Greater Manchester not the city of Manchester. By doing so, it tips the scales in ManU’s favour as they have major support in those areas incorrectly included in the research category but which should have been included in the classification of ‘Other Areas – the M/cr suburbs’ like Stockport (City’s no. 1 area of support), Oldham, etc which are districts of Greater Manchester. In simple terms M23 (Trafford) is incorrectly included and is also ManU’s area of no. 1 support, while SK8 (Stockport, Cheadle) is correctly excluded – and this research is therefore not an apples with apples comparison but merely a survey of SOME of the ‘M’ codes.

Three, postcodes more or less approximate actual townships and districts, but not always. For example, Altrincham is in WA15 - a Warrington Postcode even though it is in the Metropolitan Borough of Trafford; Tameside is split amongst Oldham and Stockport postcodes; Poynton and Disley are in SK12, which is a Stockport postcode, even though they are in Cheshire - not in Greater Manchester at all. Postcodes are administrative postal devices allocated for the convenience of postal deliveries, and do not therefore represent accurate district locations or boundaries.

If however, using but correcting the researchers approach of using postcodes to derive their answers, what they should have used are the postcodes within the boundaries of Manchester City Council, which hare defined as postcodes M1 - M23 (with the exceptions of M5, M6 and M7 which are affiliated to Salford City Council) and some parts of M40 (source http://www.manchester.gov.uk/leisure/indoor/mlp.htm ). Running the calculations again on the corrected basis would give the following (more) correct answers:

RESEARCHER’S ORIGINAL ‘FLAWED’ CALCULATIONS:

MUFC MCFC

Capacity: 68000. (%). 34000. (%).

1. In city of M/cr postcodes: 7808. (28.2%). 6678. (40.5%).

2. In M/cr suburbs: 3561. (13.5%). 3740. (22.7%).

3. In North-West (excl. 1 & 2.): 8419. (30.4%). 2446. (14.8%).

Total North-West: 19788. [71.5%]. 12864. [78.1%].

4. Elsewhere: 7879. (28.5%). 3617. (21.9%).

Total Season-Tickets: 27667. [100%]. 16481. [100%].

THE REVISED CORRECT CALCULATIONS:

MUFC MCFC

Capacity: 68000. (%). 34000. (%).

1. In city of M/cr postcodes: 2198. (7.9%). 2827. (17.2%).

2. In M/cr suburbs: 9171. (33.1%). 7591. (46.1%).

3. In North-West (excl. 1 & 2.): 8419. (30.4%). 2446. (14.8%).

Total North-West: 19788. [71.5%]. 12864. [78.1%].

4. Elsewhere: 7879. (28.5%). 3617. (21.9%).

Total Season-Tickets: 27667. [100%]. 16481. [100%].

The revised and corrected conclusion is that MCFC have numerical majority in the city of Manchester (note also that almost half of MCFC’s support are season-ticket holders compared to MUFC’s 40%).

So JJP, you weren’t “interested in other areas, only Manchester. That was the point

wasn't it”. And if we’re going to be using research papers think you’ll agree that its better that they’re correct.

That means we have MORE.,

Bredbury Blue.

PS.

JPJ,

1. Have you had a chance to take in yet the revelation that for 25 years ManU were a M/cr team but for the past 95 years you’ve no more right to profess to coming from Manchester as your colleagues from Bolton, Stockport C, Bury, Wigan, Rochdale?

2. Aren't you from Blackely - M9 is it - see that's another Blue area by 234 to 172!

Nev, Your from Offerton SK2 or Woodbank SK1 - Blue areas again. I love that survey!

PS. ProfessorFart: For someone who's no interest in other teams you've certainly got a preoccupation with Man City me thinks

My God Bred Blue,

I cant believe you actully read all that survey. I mean its suppose to be a bit of banter mate. You ave really tried hard to prove there are more city fans than Utd fans in Manchester. But have you???????????????????????.

The revised and corrected conclusion is that MCFC have numerical majority in the city of Manchester (note also that almost half of MCFC’s support are season-ticket holders compared to MUFC’s 40%).

Bred blue

i think you make it up as you go along mate

Please please give some more info on the survey tomorrow. :o

JJP

My God Bred Blue,

I cant believe you actully read all that survey. I mean its suppose to be a bit of banter mate. You ave really tried hard to prove there are more city fans than Utd fans in Manchester. But have you???????????????????????.

Bred blue

i think you make it up as you go along mate

Please please give some more info on the survey tomorrow. :o

JJP

JJP

Now now, no need to call me God even though i do support the chosen club.

To your comment that i make it up, actually no, and i'm considering contacting Paul Tyrell, City's Head of Communications, to advise him to contact those w*nkers at M/cr uni responsible for that erroneous misleading survey.

I see you're conveniently not commenting on Trafford Utd not being in the city of M/cr for nearly a century - in the words of Delia - "lets be avin ya!"

PS. Can tell there's been no football on worth discussing for a while the way we've been rambling on here. Cheers

well england have been playing for the last week or so,that is why there is no decent football to comment on,god i hate international weeks.

jjp too use quote ,on the bottom right hand corner of the post you want to quote click the reply button

and it will do for you,quiet easy really.

yes bred blue offerton was definatly city woodbank when i lived there in the seventies was definatlly red,as our gang wbb was all reds and used to fight the obb all the time, things you used to get up to as kids,lol.wbb stood for woodbank boot boys.

as for surverys they mean jack shit,all that matters is when united won european cup 1999 there was 3/4million people lined the sreets of manchester quiet a good turn out .

i heard man city's players was asked where they want to go for the end of season trip,they said blackpool as they wanted to no what it was like to ride in a open top bus.

Archived