ManU In Decline?

Bredbury Blue

I tracked the original article in the MUEN and yes of course, the researcher is a Red!

http://www.manchesteronline.co.uk/news/s/2...ited_jokes.html

U-turn on M1 United jokes

BY DEBORAH HAILE

RESEARCH: Adam Brown

IT may be a standing joke that United supporters spend the hours before a home game travelling up the M1 - but research has revealed their fans are as likely to live in the Manchester region as their Blue counterparts.

The result comes from analysis of both clubs' season ticket holders.

Dr Adam Brown, from Manchester Metropolitan University's Institute of Popular Culture, has been scrutinising the addresses of season ticket holders from both clubs.

And his research has blown the whistle on the idea that City supporters are loyal locals, while United supporters are shipped in from the south of the country.

For according to Dr Brown's research, the proportion of United and City season ticket holders living within the Manchester postcode area are broadly similar; with City notching up 40 per cent and United 30 per cent. And 75 per cent of season ticket holders for both clubs, he says, live within the north west.

Dr Brown, a United fan, said: "About 7,500 United season ticket holders live in Manchester postcode areas and it's about 1,000 less for City. If you look at percentages of season ticket holders it's 30 per cent for United and 40 for City. Within Manchester you have this stereotype of United having almost no fans in Manchester. But this shows the strength of core local support is still very strong.

"This popular myth has grown up to obliterate the facts, but the fact is we can see strong local fan base at Old Trafford. I'm not really surprised. I think people who live in Manchester know there are lots of Manchester United fans living locally in Manchester."

United's director of communications Paddy Harverson says the research simply confirms what they always believed to be true.

Mark Longden, chairman of the Independent Manchester United Supporters' Association, said: "To be quite honest I don't have a problem with whether United fans travel from Bolton or Bangkok as long as they are United fans."

Aide Dicken, branch secretary of the 900-strong Prestwich and Whitefield Manchester City Supporters' branch, said: "We have always said that City is the true Manchester club. United aren't even based in Manchester."

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
as for surverys they mean jack shit,all that matters is when united won european cup 1999 there was 3/4million people lined the sreets of manchester quiet a good turn out .

i heard man city's players was asked where they want to go for the end of season trip,they said blackpool as they wanted to no what it was like to ride in a open top bus.

London must have been pretty quiet if there were 3/4 million reds in Manchester.

Thanks for the joke, from a christmas cracker was it. Here's something for all you Reds:

Maths made easy with Manchester United

From The Official MUFC Maths Workbook, which covers sums for practising Key Stage Two maths for 7-11 year olds. This has been introduced as part of the Government's maths campaign.

1. Roy is 78 yards away from the referee at Old Trafford and Gary is 65 yards away. If Roy can run at 21mph and Gary can run at 16mph, who will be sticking their vein-bulging forehead into the hapless whistler's face first, assuming Roy does not stop to stamp on an opponent on his way.

2. If one minute of time is taken up in a game for substitutions and one minute for injuries, how much injury time will be added on by the referee if Man Utd are losing at home?

3. Ryan is a Welshman. Express, as a percentage, the number of

internationals he has missed on a Wednesday evening compared to the miraculous recoveries he made for the following Saturday.

4. You are the referee at Old Trafford. How near to a visiting defender does a tumbling Ruud van Nistelrooy have to be to earn a penalty if he goes down in the box? (Note: Round your answers down to the nearest 20 yards.)

5. Probability. Express the statistical probability of visitors to Old Trafford being awarded a penalty. Compare this with the probability of opponents of Manchester United being awarded a penalty home or away, and then discuss if a penalty awarded to Manchester United would be awarded to their opponents in identical circumstances.

6. Mark "The Red" lives in Guildford. How much does it cost for him and his two sons to travel to the Theatre of Silence every other weekend, including limited edition matchday programme, a few drinks and prawn sandwiches all round? How much could he save per week if he watched his local team instead?

(Note: Round your answers down to the nearest thousand pounds).

7. Alex had a hotel room booked in Glasgow for the Champions League Final. How much money did he lose when cancelling his reservation?

8. Ruud is 6ft tall and very strong and fast. How much pressure need be applied to make him tumble over in the opponents penalty area? (Note: Answers must be in lbs per square inch. However, answers such as, 'However much pressure is applied by Ferguson to referees' are accepted.)

9. Juan is a very lazy boy and often goes missing. Alex is very cross and wants to sells him. If Juan cost £28m to buy, how much do you think Alex sold him for? How many pennies did Alex lose?

See the obsession lingers on Bred Blue.

Maths made easy with Manchester United :o Not bad Bred Blue but

I reckon you go to sleep thinking of Utd and then wake up thinking of them too cos you seem to spend alot of time reserching about them, dont you. I also think you are a closet Utd fan who just doesn't want to admit it. You can if you want, we won't tell anyone honest. :D

Here's for you Bred Blue.

When will Manchester City win a trophy?

Not in your lifetime mate.

Well you seem to think City is the only club from Manchester. Its a good job then isn't Bred Blue cos your ground was payed for by the tax payers of Manchester wasn't it (commonwealth games). So really its a bit like a council house mate. :D

So really its a bit like a council house mate. :D

That "old" one, of which you red's may live to regret saying. Glazier looks like he will sell Old Trafford, to recoup money. They will then have to pay rent to play there. We only pay a % to the council on tickets, of over 32,000 attendance. :o

See the obsession lingers on Bred Blue.

Maths made easy with Manchester United  :o Not bad Bred Blue but

I reckon you go to sleep thinking of Utd and then wake up thinking of them too cos you seem to spend alot of time reserching about them, dont you. I also think you are a closet Utd fan who just doesn't want to admit it. You can if you want, we won't tell anyone honest. :D

Here's  for you Bred Blue.

When will Manchester City win a trophy?

Not in your lifetime mate.

Well you seem to think City is the only club from Manchester. Its a good job then isn't Bred Blue cos your ground was payed for by the tax payers of Manchester wasn't it (commonwealth games). So really its a bit like a council house mate. :D

A closet ManU fan eh, may the lord strike me down before i post this if there's any truth in your statement.

"When will Manchester City win a trophy? Not in your lifetime mate." If i was a gambling man i wouldn't take on that bet - you may be tight there JJP, we'll have to see. Personally speaking, having seen us win a few trophies (yes i was there in the 60's & 70's), its far more important to me that my nephews and my sons see us win something than i see again.

Bloody good business us taking over COMS if you ask me.

Bred Blue

Bad one for me cos me dad who lives 10 mins away from the council house and believe me ever since City took over it there has been a bitter smell floating around the area.

Bred Blue

Its far more important to me that my nephews and my sons see us win something than i see again.

Do you think they might have to wait another 30 years then? :o

Bred Blue

1 .Bad one for me cos me dad who lives 10 mins away from the council house and believe me ever since City took over it there has been a bitter smell floating around the area.

Bred Blue

Its far more important to me that my nephews and my sons see us win something than i see again.

2. Do you think they might have to wait another 30 years then? :o

JJP,

1. That's <deleted> as the area has always been Blue (my familys from there as stated earlie plus check that survey) as Salford is Red; that bitter smell has always been there!

2. Yep they might, and that is the beauty of football isn't it, you just never know what's around the corner. and then there again so might your lot have to wait x number of years for another trophy, nothing is guaranteed.

Bred Blue

1 .Bad one for me cos me dad who lives 10 mins away from the council house and believe me ever since City took over it there has been a bitter smell floating around the area.

Bred Blue

2. Do you think they might have to wait another 30 years then? :o

1. That's <deleted> as the area has always been Blue (my familys from there as stated earlie plus check that survey) as Salford is Red; that bitter smell has always been there!

Well at least you are admitting the bitterness that all city fans have towards Utd.

I was referring to how it has gotten worse since you took over the council house mate :D

Quope Pros Fart

The trouble is that Bred is still banging on about the reds.

Not one post yet about City in their own right.

Point proven!!!!

As for the survey I have better things to do with my time. You see Bred Blue Utd fans dont obsess about City like city fans do about Utd

2. Yep they might, and that is the beauty of football isn't it, you just never know what's around the corner. and then there again so might your lot have to wait x number of years for another trophy, nothing is guaranteed.

Yep , but me thinks we have more chance then you.

ProfessorFart: "The trouble is that Bred is still banging on about the reds. Not one post yet about City in their own right. Point proven!!!!"

In response, let’s go back to the beginning.

I posted the topic, because I’m interested in knowing what others think of ManU, do they think they are in decline and what do they think the next 10 years holds for them? That’s as relevant a subject as any on this website given that Chelsea are running away from Utd, Utd haven’t won anything for a while, the ill feeling running through the club following the Glazer take over, and the biggy for me, finding a replacement for the irreplaceable Fergie. I stated my credentials as well in order to let people know where I was coming from, but in no way was this topic intended to be about City, only Utd.

The reason that City have crept in to here is because you yourself on 3 occassions (Posts 10, 11 & 15) had a pop at City, and at me in particular (are we allowed to say <deleted> on here), which required a response.

Read the topic again, it’s about ManU not City and that my friend is why there is “Not one post yet about City in their own right.” – dur!

If you want to post a topic specifically about City, then I’m sure Mr. BJ, myself and others will be there.

You’ve got a thing about City haven’t you?

How do Bred Blue. I thought this is an interesting piece. What do ya think mate.

22] Interesting article from 4thegmae.com

Thursday, October 20, 2005

'Over the years the fierce rivalry between United and City has seen both sides claiming victory in the 'who has the most fans in Manchester' debate. Two weeks ago the Blues decided to up the ante with an advertising campaign claiming `This is our City'. Hoardings, buses and even lampposts have been emblazoned with the sky and dark blue posters or stickers; other versions include `Pure Manchester', `Greater Manchester' and even `Real Manchester'.

There is one problem with this - the Mancunian United fans. A survey in 2002 carried out by the Manchester Metropolitan University revealed that Reds fans are as likely to live in the Manchester region as their Blue counterparts. :D Users of the most popular Manchester United fanzine Red Issue have decided to hit back, by daubing their own messages to the ones currently adorning the walls of the City centre.

The resultant graffiti may not look pleasant, but its what City should have expected when declaring war on the local Reds. Mistakes in the offensive have been made by the Blues and pointed out by United fans, as one of the 'This Is Our City' posters is displayed on Oldfield Road in Salford. The advertising agency behind this campaign is a company Called Greys London, with the mastermind a City fan, Julian Douglas (of course a resident in the capital), who proudly states he's a Blue hailing from Timperley in Cheshire - not within the boundaries of Manchester. :o

Douglas said it was important that the campaign was not viewed as a commercial endeavour but struck the right note with the customary black humour of City fans in the face of United's recent dominance in terms of trophies. "It would have been really easy to go straight after United but we wanted a poster that, whether you're a City fan or a United fan, made you smile," he said.

It remains to be seen if City will launch another paper offensive. The pen is indeed mightier than the sword...

See all city fans are obsessed with UTD, just like you :D

jjp i too have seen this artical and pics of the billboards of which everytime they put one up the reds deface it with there own slogans like 29years ect,funny that as the united fans must travel a long way from london to deface them,,lol.

JJP,

Where you been mate?

I’m of my hols for a few days, but here goes.

First off all, good website http://www.4thegame.com/features/ isn’t it.

Like most City supporters I’m aware of the clubs recent ban on red cars (the ones they own) and the ‘Pure Manchester’ advertising campaign. I don’t believe the club has come out with a clear reason behind their motives these moves, suspect it’s to raise our profile and give ourselves a clearer and better identity as ‘the city of Manchester’s only club’. Like most City supporters I find these moves amusing.

I’ve read the article but I didn’t see the point of it particularly the comment “It remains to be seen if City will launch another paper offensive. The pen is indeed mightier than the sword...”. I’m sure it’s no surprise to City that the adverts are receiving Utd’s graffiti – big deal!

It just shows how that survey, by a Utd fan – surprise, surprise – is being taken out of context by Utd and their fans. To recap, that survey was not a survey of a comparison of City and Utd season-ticket holders in the city of Manchester (i.e. Manchester) but a comparison of the ‘M’ postal codes only (i.e. neither Manchester or Greater Manchester, but ‘M’ postal codes only, some of which are in Rochdale, Wigan, and of course Trafford and Salford). I’ve run the numbers again of the ‘M’ postal codes in the city of Manchester again, and you know the result, there are more City season-ticket holders than Utd’s in Manchester. If you don’t believe me run the numbers yourself from the survey, takes about 30 minutes, then you’ll believe it.

Ps. I’ve emailed the Ed of Red Issue with the correct results of that survey as applies to the City of Manchester. We’ll see if he publishes it. Post for me if he does as I’m not in the habit of going to ManU websites – hopefully never again!

Man of my word, i have written to the Red Issue, City's director of communications (met him when they were out here, nice bloke) and the Utd fan author of the survey, about the incorrect interpretation of Utd and their fans of that survey. We'll see if anything develops.

post-13648-1129879685_thumb.jpg

Man of my word, i have written to the Red Issue, City's director of communications (met him when they were out here, nice bloke) and the Utd fan author of the survey, about the incorrect interpretation of Utd and their fans of that survey. We'll see if anything develops.

Well there you go again Bred Blue. I hope you get get them to reply mate cos all the effort you have put into reserching about UTD you deserve it mate. :o

Have a ganders at this picture which has been floating around Manchester. Sums City up really mate me thinks.

I am also off on my hols next week. Happy hols Mate

Yes, i still think they are in decline. Don't know what position they where in at this stage last year. They are currently 5th after 9 games with 18 points. I would have thought they where higher up than this, last year.  :o

Think i can answer that for you Mr BJ. ManU were 6th after 9 games with 14 points; seems they're worse off this than last year - decline?

I contacted Red Issue with my comments on that survey that Utd consistently mi-interpret, here’s their reply – they’re very intelligent people, as you’ll see.

Lost interest after 20 words or so. Hope you feel better for having written it. ps - Bredbury is in Stockport, you know the place where Stockport County play. The one that is near Manchester but not part of it.

Me: Try reading the survey and my comments before responding and trying to be funny which you're clearly not. "ps - Bredbury is in Stockport, you know the place where Stockport County play. The one that is near Manchester but not part of it." And that my boy is my point about the survey which proves what...you don't yet do you cause you haven't read it have you. The quick answer is that survey includes places with "M" postal codes, which are "near Manchester but not part of it". Do you see the light yet?

Aah, so you're not from Manchester yourself then. funny that.

Me: Aah another reply from the (not) funny guy. I live in Bredbury now, but we're from Bradford - oh that's a part of central Manchester not Yorkshire to you southern types - it's also where COMS happens to be. Where you from then, Basildon? You’ve still not read the survey and my comments and still can't issue a sensible reply, eh, sad that but not entirely unexpected! Seriously I issued my comments on a pertinent matter to Red Issue, which I thought you might have had the sense to consider and offer an serious response. I'm waiting.

We’ll see if they answer?

WHO’S THE MOST BITTER THEN? – MANU ARE!

Blues campaign backed

Advertising watchdogs have backed MANCHESTER City’s innovative `This is our City’ marketing campaign.

The campaign, which has seen posters proclaiming `Real Manchester' and `Greater Manchester' erected throughout the city, has irritated some sections of the United support, who feel it exploits the stereotypical image of Red Devils fans coming from anywhere but Manchester.

But, after fielding five separate complaints, the independent Advertising Standards Authority has over-ruled the lot, so the campaign will run until the end of the month as planned.

"This campaign is aimed at celebrating the long-standing relationship between the club's fans and the city," said City assistant club secretary Matt Lowery.

"We are proud of it. It reflects the confidence of our fans and seems to have struck a nerve with others.

"It is great to have an official stamp of approval."

http://www.manchesteronline.co.uk/sport/fo...ign_backed.html

What do other supporters, who haven't been brought up in Manchester as a City fan with an inbred aversion / hate of ManU like myself, (a) think of ManU and (:o do you think they are in decline and © what do you think the next 10 years holds for them?

They were not in decline when I went to see them play Beijing Hyundai last July.

We all supported Beijing which really upset a die hard Man U fan who had flown out to see them.

Also spotted them a couple of days earlier arriving at Hong Kong airport and my mate Liam shouted to Rio that he needed rehab.

the obsession continues does it really matter bred blue,it has been proven in nmany polls and surverys there is as many united fans in manchester.big deal who really cares i dont its just another lie spread by city because of there inferiority complex we dont give a <deleted>.

we should just go on facts and the facts state city aint won nowt for 29 years and i do agree and admire city fans for there loyalty not many teams could keep your fan base after watching the dross city play.

well united i dont have to list what they have won in the last 29 years as everyone know's we have been successfull.

no we are not in decline we have always been a slow starter and tend to catch teams later in the season we have only lost one game this year i supose the standards united set that is not good enough.

alas chelsea are a class above evryone in the league this year and i just hope united can beat them on the 5th november just to breath some life in the league.

the obsession continues does it really matter bred blue,it has been proven in nmany polls and surverys there is as many united fans in manchester.

NEV, ITS BEEN PROVEN HAS IT, DETAILS PLEASE IF ITS AS YOU SAY.

big deal who really cares i dont its just another lie spread by city because of there inferiority complex we dont give a <deleted>.

YEAH BUT I WINDS THE <deleted> UP YOU REDS DOESN'T IT!

we should just go on facts and the facts state city aint won nowt for 29 years

THERE'S NO DISPUTING THAT SO THERE'S NO DISCUSSION ON THAT.

and i do agree and admire city fans for there loyalty

CHEERS MATE

not many teams could keep your fan base after watching the dross city play.

THERE HAVE BEEN TIMES THAT I WOULD AGREE WITH YOU, BUT A LOT OF OUR HARD TIMES HAVE BEEN SELFINFLICTED IN THE BOARDROOM NOT JUST DROSS ON THE PITCH.

well united i dont have to list what they have won in the last 29 years as everyone know's we have been successfull.

ACTUALLY EVERYBODY KNOWS YOU'VE BEEN SUCCESSFUL SINCE THE PREMIER STARTED, WASN'T THE CASE IN THE PRIOR YEARS BAR THE ODD CUP SUCCESS. BUT YEAH, CITY FANS ACCEPT YOU'VE BEEN SUCCESFUL.

no we are not in decline we have always been a slow starter and tend to catch teams later in the season we have only lost one game this year i supose the standards united set that is not good enough.

WE'LL SEE WON'T WE :D

alas chelsea are a class above evryone in the league this year and i just hope united can beat them on the 5th november just to breath some life in the league.

YOU SAY THAT BUT THEY HAVEN'T LOOKED THAT INVINCIBLE OF LATE. DON'T FORGET THAT A YEAR AGO ARSENAL WERE SEEN AS UNBEATABLE UNTIL MANU TRIPPED EM UP [ROONEY DIVE] AND LOOK AT THEM NOW, NOT THAT HEALTHY.

BRING ON OUR GAME WITH THEM, REMEMBER WE'RE CHELSKI'S BOGEY TEAM HAVING TAKEN 4 POINTS OFF THEM LAST SEASON!  :o

the obsession continues does it really matter bred blue,it has been proven in nmany polls and surverys there is as many united fans in manchester.

NEV, ITS BEEN PROVEN HAS IT, DETAILS PLEASE IF ITS AS YOU SAY.

big deal who really cares i dont its just another lie spread by city because of there inferiority complex we dont give a <deleted>.

YEAH BUT I WINDS THE <deleted> UP YOU REDS DOESN'T IT!

we should just go on facts and the facts state city aint won nowt for 29 years

THERE'S NO DISPUTING THAT SO THERE'S NO DISCUSSION ON THAT.

and i do agree and admire city fans for there loyalty

CHEERS MATE

not many teams could keep your fan base after watching the dross city play.

THERE HAVE BEEN TIMES THAT I WOULD AGREE WITH YOU, BUT A LOT OF OUR HARD TIMES HAVE BEEN SELFINFLICTED IN THE BOARDROOM NOT JUST DROSS ON THE PITCH.

ACTUALLY EVERYBODY KNOWS YOU'VE BEEN SUCCESSFUL SINCE THE PREMIER STARTED, WASN'T THE CASE IN THE PRIOR YEARS BAR THE ODD CUP SUCCESS. BUT YEAH, CITY FANS ACCEPT YOU'VE BEEN SUCCESFUL.

WE'LL SEE WON'T WE :D

YOU SAY THAT BUT THEY HAVEN'T LOOKED THAT INVINCIBLE OF LATE. DON'T FORGET THAT A YEAR AGO ARSENAL WERE SEEN AS UNBEATABLE UNTIL MANU TRIPPED EM UP [ROONEY DIVE] AND LOOK AT THEM NOW, NOT THAT HEALTHY.

BRING ON OUR GAME WITH THEM, REMEMBER WE'RE CHELSKI'S BOGEY TEAM HAVING TAKEN 4 POINTS OFF THEM LAST SEASON!  :o

well good luck to city hope you take 4 points off them and we take 6 as someone needs too.

and yes you are correct this time last year arsenal was unbeaten and look at them now i feel sorry for arsenal they have this new ground called ashburn grove and the way attendances are going in the premier league i cannot see them fill the ground chelsea are the new fashion in london now and alls those who go for the team that is winning will follow them.

Yes, i still think they are in decline. Don't know what position they where in at this stage last year. They are currently 5th after 9 games with 18 points. I would have thought they where higher up than this, last year.  :D

Think i can answer that for you Mr BJ. ManU were 6th after 9 games with 14 points; seems they're worse off this than last year - decline?

Middlesbor'o 4 - 1 Man Utd

Decline?? :o:D:D

Topic Title: ManU in decline ? :o

This lot are not up to it

EXCLUSIVE

This lot are not up to it

HORROR SHOW ... Roy Keane laid into United's stars in a TV interview

By NEIL CUSTIS

ROY KEANE has slammed FIVE Manchester United team-mates on MUTV as not good enough.

The United skipper tore into Alan Smith, John O’Shea, Kieran Richardson, Liam Miller and Darren Fletcher in a TV interview — which was blocked from being shown by boss Alex Ferguson.

A club insider said: “The criticism from Keane was absolutely incredible.

“It was described by one person at MUTV as unusable.

“The manager has put the blocks on it. He could not believe what he was hearing.

“Keane has been outspoken in his criticism in the past but this was absolutely off the scale.”

The programme, called Roy Keane Plays the Pundit, was recorded by the club’s own TV station MUTV yesterday afternoon.

Keane, who is currently injured, was in the Carrington studio to talk about the humiliating 4-1 defeat at Middlesbrough on Saturday.

But the Irishman’s criticisms of the performance and the crisis at United were so explosive that it had to be shown to Fergie.

The Old Trafford manager could hardly believe his ears and is understood to have carpeted Keane, 34, for his over-the-top attack.

Ferguson immediately banned the show from being aired at its scheduled time of 5.30pm last night.

Keane’s position as captain is now under threat.

And the controversy could not have come at a worse time as United fly out today to face Lille in a crunch Champions League game tomorrow.

No one at United was available for comment last night.

Meanwhile, United keeper Edwin van der Sar has accepted the blame for the first goal in the Boro defeat.

The Dutchman, 34, blundered in his bid to keep out Gaizka Mendieta’s long-range effort after just two minutes.

Van der Sar said: “The ball swirled a little but I should have saved it.

“That is not a good situation to start with and it all started to go wrong from that goal.

“It hurts quite a lot. It is a team game but we made a lot of individual errors and that cost us dearly.

“There is not much we can say and I don’t have to tell you what the manager was like after the game. It is quite obvious how he and the players feel.

“We are not in the greatest spirit at the moment. But we have to analyse what went wrong and somehow start to focus on the clash with Lille.

“Hopefully we can pick up something from that game and take it into the Chelsea match on Sunday.”

More links:

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2002390...5500590,00.html

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...utd/4394972.stm

http://home.skysports.com/list.asp?hlid=32...ulled+by+United

And to cap it all of, Manchester City beat Aston Villa 3-1 last night, to go into 4th position. 3 places above Man Utd :D:D

Well Bredblue, Mr Bo and Nev

How are you doing? I hope you are all well.

Back and refreshed after a nice break.

Can I become a city fan now that they are above UTD in the league and are much better than us according to the pundits on ESPN. Also i come from Manchester and i heard a rumour there are more city fans in Manchester than UTD so i should qualify should't I. :D

I think you bitters might be right though we are in decline :o .

As for Keano's comments he was spot on.

We have too many players who should not be allowed to wear the shirt.

I did noticed though that on the views thread we have the most.

It just shows eveyone is obsessed with Utd, not just you Bred Blue. :D

Well Bredblue, Mr Bo and Nev

How are you doing? I hope you are all well.

Back and refreshed after a nice break.

Can I become a city fan now that they are above UTD in the league and are much better than us according to the pundits on ESPN. Also i come from Manchester and i heard a rumour there are more city fans in Manchester than UTD so i should qualify should't I. :D

I think you bitters might be right though we are in decline  :D .

As for Keano's comments he was spot on.

We have too many players who should not be allowed to wear the shirt.

Welcome back jjp. Where did you go for your break?

Before we will allow you to jump on our bandwagon of success :o you will need to take a blood test, first. City fan's blood stays blue when exposed to oxygen :D

As for Keano's comments, i agree they are true but for team spirit it's best not to air your dirty laundry in public, i think. Many of my mates who are united fans also agree with him but he won't be popular with the likes of Smith, Richardson and O'Shea etc. Let's see how they bounce back against Chealski, who are now on a losing streak :D

as a lifelong leeds united supporter , i take great joy from any misfortune that befalls the arrogant reds.

there is no greater joy for a leeds fan than the sight of that yob manager of theirs on the touchline , mouthing obsenities , spraying saliva , his purple nose throbbing with anger and nastiness as his team suffer another defeat.

the sight of that (ex leeds) spoilt brat duck billed brainless freak rio losing it aint bad either.

they have had their glory and are heading for mediocredom now.

may they plumb the depths for ever.

Archived