A Thai Girl Want Me To Lie For Her

EirikJohannesen

i take on board that the sinsod is a once only..in that case i ain't paying.

Sin Sod is not 'a once only' payment. Even Thai men pay it for a divorced woman with children. I personally hate the tradition and never paid it, knowing full well that my in-laws would benefit either way by me marrying their daughter.

Edited by sinbin

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The German are here, very nice man. I'm guessing he is around 60 years. We had a long conversation and he told me that his gf has told the truth about her past, (so she took my advice). He has been in Thailand many times and was fully aware of the situation with the bar girl scams and have taken his own precautions.

Sin sod has been reduced to 100k and I'm invited to dinner tonight. Happy ending so far. :)

"Don`t mention the war" :lol:

I see chaos at the wedding, drinking too much and fighting.......:lol:

Hehe Weddings this days :D

E.J,and make sure you do not invite or make mention to a certain Farang who goes by the name of John Cleese. Have a lovely evening.

Thanks, that was a very pleasant evening. John Cleese did not appear, just a rat in a biscuit basket. :lol:

I do not trust his girl, she Spooks, but the Germans are aware of it. :unsure:

regarding to 44 y.o prospective wife:

i should of made it clearer....she HAS a 'just over 1 million baht' bank debt...she'd want that paid off...and a house

AND she wants a big village wedding AND she wants a new laptop for her daughter who has just scraped into a uni..and she asked me to pay for the 1st year uni. which i refused in the end..so she took another loan...to be added to the big one.

and i am not even living in LOS yet...

as it is i give her a livng allowance monthly...cos her total salary goes into the bank debt every month.

as u might gather i'm very passionate about her and we have spent considerable time together. her family is a good family...i've met them all...but she's always been the 'hell-raiser'. my Thai is improving day by day and I plan to teach engineering at uni when i settle there. The problem is everything tells me to run a mile as far as she is concerned...BUT...she is amazing to be with.

in many ways she is the preverbial 'bad' lady....but aren't the bad ones always more fun to be with? could be a case of 'som naam naa' waiting to happen...bleet bleet

what's the legal status of prenupts in Thailand? enforcable or not?

thanks

Assets and debts from before the marriage are not shared after the marriage (or divorce).

Only what you make during the marriage is shared, so if you never get her a VISA to your home country, no need for prenup.

Village wedding, forget it, tell her you will pay 100k off her debt instead of the wedding, do the 40bht Amphur wedding.

If she has a 1Mbht debt, what is she using as security? She must own a property of some sort to borrow against. How do you know the debt is real?, imaginary debts are a very common 'sick buffalo' scam. Is it from gambling?

So if she already has a house, you live there, and pay her mortgage payments, about 5-7k a month on a 1MBht mortgage (you talk to the bank, you set the repayment amounts, the bank will deal direct with you).

University fees, less than 100k a year, pay the university direct, never put cash in her hand.

Never pay the hand, only ever pay bills direct to the organization involved, don't be lazy and let her pay, you do it, you get the receipt.

If you are weak and pay whatever she asks, she will never respect you and only expect more and more.

You will be letting yourself in for a world of hurt, naughty girls must be managed properly, similar to naughty children. Firm but fair and you control your money.

Anyone who has to go through all of that is obviously with the wrong woman.

A

A previously Married Thai woman,who has also had a Baby,would be lucky to get 20,000 Baht Dowry,let alone 500,000,and a house.

You are wrong MAJIC. I know of previous married Thai women, with children, that have received a second dowry of 150,000+ Baht when remarrying a Thai man. So it's not just farang that are dumb <deleted>.

We must move in different circles,all the Thai men tell me,she is entitled to Zilch!,and that's exactly what she should get.

Or was it the usual,Face Saving, Show Dowry,which was never really paid anyway?

Edited by MAJIC

My mrs had been married 4 times before and has 7 kids, i paid for a big place to be built for all of us and then 3mill bht sin sot, and it turns out both her parents died 9 years ago before i ever met her,

Sorry, that was all BS, but i could envisage it happening here, my mrs is a goodun, well, if she had a little more respect for money, but that dosent seem part of the Thai nature,

Well Erik, seems this lady used her charms on you, asking you to lie for her, it nearly worked, but she beat you to it, she told Adolf the truth before he met you, ok, she lost out a bit on the all important money, but if she hadnt have told him and you did, she might have lost all, and her cash buffalo for months to come,

It seems no matter what some falang thinks about what is fair, a coniving thai lady will be 10 steps ahead of him on the money ladder, ....

We must move in different circles,all the Thai men tell me,she is entitled to Zilch!,and that's exactly what she should get.

The thing about doweries is that what you see up front isn't necessary what is seen behind closed doors. The returning of the dowry is never witnessed in public, as far as I'm aware. But the Thai guys that tell you that 'she is entitled to zilch are wrong. If they stand to gain from marrying as divorcee then they will pay. Believe me.

Smart of you to distance yourself from this and not go along with the lie. While the little village soap operas may be amusing to some, I think it best to leave that to the Thais and stay out of it.

Great advice as stated say nothing to NO one.. you mess up a half a million baht deal and a house, we will be posting "RIP , poor guy was just trying to help"

The thing about doweries is that what you see up front isn't necessary what is seen behind closed doors. The returning of the dowry is never witnessed in public, as far as I'm aware. But the Thai guys that tell you that 'she is entitled to zilch are wrong. If they stand to gain from marrying as divorcee then they will pay. Believe me.

I see your point,

The extreme exception could be,marrying a rich woman?

The German are here, very nice man. I'm guessing he is around 60 years. We had a long conversation and he told me that his gf has told the truth about her past, (so she took my advice). He has been in Thailand many times and was fully aware of the situation with the bar girl scams and have taken his own precautions.

Sin sod has been reduced to 100k and I'm invited to dinner tonight. Happy ending so far. :)

Let's hope he is not a future TV member, and stumbles over this thread.

;-)

The extreme exception could be,marrying a rich woman?

Exactly right MAJIC. Thai men look to gain from their financial outlay (sin sod) and they definately wouln't pay it if they knew they weren't going to see a return on their money. Would anyone ? Sorry I forgot. Farang do.

Basle, Basle, ''what my little Cobra, does Mr.Gerbals, eeeer sorry, the German gent want a Sherry, on the house, as it were''. :lol: