'Beaten, Cheated, Cursed': Phuket Tourists Get It All

webfact

I have been to Phuket several times already and always had a good time. It is not so difficult to inform yourselves about the problems on the island and then to avoid them (e.g. rent a car (cheap!), not rent any jet skis, eat at restaurants recommended by locals)...

Of course it would be nice if things would be improved, but I can still have a good time there... btw. looking forward to be back in Phuket tomorrow :P

I have been to Phuket several times already and always had a good time. It is not so difficult to inform yourselves about the problems on the island and then to avoid them (e.g. rent a car (cheap!), not rent any jet skis, eat at restaurants recommended by locals)...

Of course it would be nice if things would be improved, but I can still have a good time there... btw. looking forward to be back in Phuket tomorrow :P

Nice and balanced. Things could be better, but still a great place to be. Why so many people who don't like Phuket, seem to lose sleep at night, because of all the people that do like it, is beyond me. :blink:

• 3 weeks later...

What I can tell from reading this article it is mainly the non-thai's that are causing all the trouble in Phuket. Or maybe they still can't admit it is the Thai's that are causing most of the problems down there.:blink:

no - the culprits are non- Thai only; the armada of tuk tuk drivers all hail from Isaan which still is being viewed as Laos

Well, now after Koreans, Russians, Germans and so on the new culprits are Laotians because Isaan people are viewed as Lao ... bah.gif.

Before speaking, go to Laos (the real one, not Isaan which is, as far as I know, Thailand) and then you will see between them and the Thais who's worse on these issues.