Airport Taxi, Chiang Rai

ricklev

Is there a set rate for a taxi into the center of the city or do I need to bargain?  Thanks!

Yes, you pay at the counter. I guess about 150 Baht to the center, but I am not sure about it. You can also take a free hotel van, decide eventually to go off elsewhere and tip the driver. Mostly some tuk-tuk is hanging around at the big parking in front. They will charge 80 to 100 Baht in to town.

But the taxi's are perfect. Mostly new cars and correct and carefull drivers.

Limbo.

Is there a set rate for a taxi into the center of the city or do I need to bargain?  Thanks!

Yes, you pay at the counter. I guess about 150 Baht to the center, but I am not sure about it. You can also take a free hotel van, decide eventually to go off elsewhere and tip the driver. Mostly some tuk-tuk is hanging around at the big parking in front. They will charge 80 to 100 Baht in to town.

But the taxi's are perfect. Mostly new cars and correct and carefull drivers.

Limbo.

Thank you very much for your contribution mr. Ottokar.

It made a lot of things much clearer :o

I know it isn't easy, but finally it will work.

Go on with the good work please :D

I finally also managed, so why not you?

Limbo.

Thank you very much for your contribution mr. Ottokar.

It made a lot of things much clearer  :o

I know it isn't easy, but finally it will work.

Go on with the good work please  :D

I finally also managed, so why not you?

Limbo.

I have limited experience, but when you've collected your luggage and just before you enter the arrival hall proper you pass a desk with 2-3 ladies behind a TAXI sign asking you if you would like one. "How much?" "200 baht." Seems OK - but the "taxi" turned out to be a ten-seater minibus. Fortunately I was the only passenger...

On another occasion we were three people arriving and paid a proper taxi 400 baht for all of us. Seems reasonable.

A tuk-tuk is, as Limbo says, 100 baht. Not so good of course, if it's raining.

Limbo.

I have limited experience, but when you've collected your luggage and just before you enter the arrival hall proper you pass a desk with 2-3 ladies behind a TAXI sign asking you if you would like one. "How much?" "200 baht." Seems OK - but the "taxi" turned out to be a ten-seater minibus. Fortunately I was the only passenger...

On another occasion we were three people arriving and paid a proper taxi 400 baht for all of us. Seems reasonable.

A tuk-tuk is, as Limbo says, 100 baht. Not so good of course, if it's raining.

Paid Baht 350 for a proper taxi up to Mai Chan... Just be sure to pay at the counter. Dont take one of the taxi's with out it. IT WILL COST YA.! :o

They ask 200, last month I went there. Unusually the hotel bus not there as it was pukhet air, they turn up for TG. Not wanting to pay 200 asked one of the hotel drivers that was there and he said amount up to you so gave him 50 each, a thai gave same amount and nice earner for the driver. Some of the hotels charge 100 for the van, bit much IMO. Going back could have gone in the hotel van for an up to you, but got car from travel agent for 150. -peter

Edited by thai3

• 3 months later...