Chinese Herbs

kerryk

A friend of mine came down with a chest cold. I immediately thought antibiotics but on searching for what kind on the net found out they do little good at first and are only used to prevent pneumonia. So I asked another friend and she suggested burdock root. This got me to thinking I thought I saw a Chinese herb place at Worrowroot (sp) market but I can’t remember where. Anyone know of a good Chinese medicine/herb shop. The whole diagnostic thing with the specially made teas and that sort of stuff?

A friend of mine came down with a chest cold.  I immediately thought antibiotics but on searching for what kind on the net found out they do little good at first and are only used to prevent pneumonia.  So I asked another friend and she suggested burdock root.  This got me to thinking I thought I saw a Chinese herb place at Worrowroot (sp) market but I can’t remember where.  Anyone know of a good Chinese medicine/herb shop.  The whole diagnostic thing with the specially made teas and that sort of stuff?

Hi Kerry,

I lean more toward ayurveda and can give you a quick, effective and inexpensive suggestion. Glasses of about 1 - 2 tsp of turmeric in hot/warm water throughout the day. Can add some lemon or lime juice as well if you like sometimes. Only add honey if the liquid is body temp or less and do not do it that way very often (apparently honey becomes somewhat toxic and possibly carcenogenic when heated above body temp). Straight may be best, usually at a temp a bit above body temp. Also plenty of plain hot/warm water or herbal teas throughout the day to help flush the system. Turmeric is a natural antibiotic and also it has other good AV properties for things like colds.

There is also a good Indian herb and spice shop on Chang Moi Rd about 100 to 200 yds on the right as you are walking away from the Ping River. They have some ayurvedic remedies and some Thai herbs and maybe some Chinese as well. The old guy there can suggest what might also be good.

:o

Cheers!

P.S. Even most doctors I know say to avoid antibiotics like the plague, except as a last resort, in dire need. They do too much damage, even when not over-prescribed, including killing off the bodies own natural antibodies.

Edited by seeker108

Mankala clinic in Rachamankala Road is a well established Chinese doctor and herbalist.

There is also a good Chinese herbal pharmacy on Chang Moi road, left hand side - close to Bkk Bank - before you get to Warorot market.

Mankala clinic in Rachamankala Road is a well established Chinese doctor and herbalist.

There is also a good Chinese herbal pharmacy on Chang Moi road, left hand side - close to Bkk Bank - before you get to Warorot market.

Munglala Traditional Medicine Clinic

21 RAJCHAMANKA RD Phone# 05320-8432

Excellent Doctors!

I used herbs to get rid of my neighbors>