Whats The Rrp For Centrum Multi Vitamins

Hi there

I was thinking that I need some dietary supplements, almost 40, smoking 20 fags a day, not getting enough exercise, not eating enough vegetablesetc etc and I seen the half page advert in the BKK Post for Centrum Multivitamins so off I went to the chemist to buy some.........until I seen the price.......899 bht for 100 tablets

I managed to obtain a discount and ended up buying them for 680bht. So what is the rrp of these tablets in BKK as I will be travelling there soon and might stock up there.........and are they really beneficial

Cheers for taking the time to reply

JAF

I buy mine in Khon Kaen for 160 baht for 30, in the university campus. This is the cheapest I have ever seen.

I see them in other chemists for more but when haggling I can get them down to 180.

Remember when you buy things in drug stores, ask for discount from the marked price. No one pays the price on the label.

I bought 100 a few months ago from a Khon Kaen pharmacy for 550 Baht.

I think at the Tesco Lotus medicine counter they are about 600 baht for 100.

Sorry man just noticed you are saying Bangkok. I paid 220 baht in Bangkok about 1 year ago for 30.

I've used Centrum (regular; they make all sorts of styles now: Performance, Silver, Chewable, etc.) multi-vitamins for years; I think they make a good vitamin (but not dietary) supplement. I've seen them for sale in Bangkok but have not noticed the prices. I'd imagine they're cheapest in one of the big superstores? I'll look next time and try to remember to post back. I usually stock up when I return to the U.S.; I usually get the 130 2-pack (100 + 30 in 2 containers) for less than 400 THB.

Check the price of "Boots" own brand and check the vitamin list - compare it with the other brands. I think Boots's own are cheaper.

Interesting to know the price of Centrum in Boots, if they sell it. it would be way higher than elsewhere.

Check the price of "Boots" own brand and check the vitamin list - compare it with the other brands. I think Boots's own are cheaper.

Interesting to know the price of Centrum in Boots, if they sell it. it would be way higher than elsewhere.

Yes, Boots sell both and I did compare prices and check the ingredients. At the time, the Boots variety was virtually identical to the Centrum variety and cheaper. Me, cheap Charlie? Err, just don't like to waste money. :o

Yes, Boots sell both and I did compare prices and check the ingredients. At the time, the Boots variety was virtually identical to the Centrum variety and cheaper. Me, cheap Charlie? Err, just don't like to waste money. 

Come on then, tell us the price! :o

Centrum is highly overrated. Most people seem to buy them because of wide distribution and advertising (but no surprise there because they're made by a pharmaceutical company). You need to check the amounts of the vits and minerals on the side to get a sense of what it can do for you. For example, most studies on selenium say you need at least 100 mg a day to get anti-cancer benefits. How much does Centrum have?

Centrum is only useful or prevent serious deficiency type illnesses like scuvy and rickets.

Yes, Boots sell both and I did compare prices and check the ingredients. At the time, the Boots variety was virtually identical to the Centrum variety and cheaper. Me, cheap Charlie? Err, just don't like to waste money. 

Come on then, tell us the price! :D

Ah! :D I did check the bottle in the fridge, and it has no price. But I do have it on my shopping list as I've nearly finished the 90 day supply. So, maybe tomorrow? :o I'll see how much the Centrum is too, while I'm there. :D

Centrum is crap, but if it's all you can find....

I think you meant 100 mcg (micrograms) not mg (milligrams)

-m

Centrum is highly overrated.  Most people seem to buy them because of wide distribution and advertising (but no surprise there because they're made by a pharmaceutical company).  You need to check the amounts of the vits and minerals on the side to get a sense of what it can do for you.  For example, most studies on selenium say you need at least 100 mg a day to get anti-cancer benefits.  How much does Centrum have? 

Centrum is only useful or prevent serious deficiency type illnesses like scuvy and rickets.

Good eye on the selenium dosage.

Why do all these people get sucked into the centrum advertising? Trust I suppose. Unless you're on all beer and junk food diet, they are completely worthless. 99% of people would consume enough of the vital nutrients through the food they eat to stave off these defiency-based diseases. The vitamin industry is unfortunately controlled by flesh-eating scumbags who have a vested interest in the general unhealthiness of the population.