Tips For New Members!

seeker108

As mentioned on another recent post here in the CM forum this is a great place for asking questions specific to Chiang Mai. However if you have questions that are common to all of Thailand (i.e. visas, technical matters, cars, etc.) then you will probably find more of what you need in a forum relating directly to your question.

My first suggestion is to look at the index of forums here:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?act=idx

Once you find the best forum, before posting there, go to that forum and have a good read, making use of the red search link at the top of the page. If you do not find exactly the answer you want, you will at least get good background information that will allow you to refine your question in such a way as to promt answers better meeting your need(s). Further, what I find in doing this is that I find that there are other issues that I never even considered which I might also need to know about.

Good luck!

Seeker

:o

Glad I could be of some service gentlemen.

Oh, by the way, be sure to look at the date on any posts your search digs up before replying to them. There may not be much use in replying to a post 4+ months old that was dealing with a more immediate question. If something in a very old post inspires you to post, it may be better to start a new post, though on occasion it may be worth reviving the old post. I guess the best I can say is to think about it on a case by case basis, but do be sure to check the date.

:o

Seeker