Pai

jackr

I'm aware that Pai was hit pretty hard during the floods in August but has anyone been there recently and if so, what is the condition of the guesthouse operations next to the river? Thinking of staying in maybe the Golden Hut which is right on the river and remember some places were washed away a few years back due to heavy flooding. Also, is there anywhere in town that rents out motorbikes...plastic pigs? Somewhere around the bus station would be good.

Cheers

I'm aware that Pai was hit pretty hard during the floods in August but has anyone been there recently and if so, what is the condition of the guesthouse operations next to the river? Thinking of staying in maybe the Golden Hut which is right on the river and remember some places were washed away a few years back due to heavy flooding. Also, is there anywhere in town that rents out motorbikes...plastic pigs? Somewhere around the bus station would be good.

Cheers

if the place was flooded, i'd be concerned about staying there so soon afterward due to sanitation concern. that is just me! :o

Cheers

if the place was flooded, i'd be concerned about staying there so soon afterward due to sanitation concern. that is just me! :o

Have not been back to Pai since the 1st flood, but I understand the situation is "normal."

Even after the 1st flood, there were parts of town that were totally unaffected. Its not unlike Phuket & the Tsunami, some parts were hit & others not. So the message should be head on out to Pai & have a good time.

The locals out there are hurting for customers and you’ll be more than welcome.

I don’t know the Golden Hut in Pai, but most if not all, the mickey mouse bamboo guesthouses across & beside the river were literally swept away & there was nothing left but a big wide mud flat. However there are still heaps of good comfortable “untouched” guesthouses in Pai, so accommodation is not a problem.

For motorcycle rental you can’t miss Aya Service just 100 metres from the bus station.

Also sanitation is not a problem that should worry you. It aint a problem in Chiang Mai that was flooded for "48 hrs" & it aint a problem in Pai after a 48 hrs flash flood.

If you want to see photos from the 1st flood in Pai take a look at

http://board.gt-rider.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=871

Cheers

if the place was flooded, i'd be concerned about staying there so soon afterward due to sanitation concern. that is just me! :D

Thanks for the concern, but I'm a big boy now and should be able to cope. Any useful info then don't hesitate to post :o

Cheers

if the place was flooded, i'd be concerned about staying there so soon afterward due to sanitation concern. that is just me! :D

Have not been back to Pai since the 1st flood, but I understand the situation is "normal."

Even after the 1st flood, there were parts of town that were totally unaffected. Its not unlike Phuket & the Tsunami, some parts were hit & others not. So the message should be head on out to Pai & have a good time.

The locals out there are hurting for customers and you’ll be more than welcome.

I don’t know the Golden Hut in Pai, but most if not all, the mickey mouse bamboo guesthouses across & beside the river were literally swept away & there was nothing left but a big wide mud flat. However there are still heaps of good comfortable “untouched” guesthouses in Pai, so accommodation is not a problem.

For motorcycle rental you can’t miss Aya Service just 100 metres from the bus station.

Also sanitation is not a problem that should worry you. It aint a problem in Chiang Mai that was flooded for "48 hrs" & it aint a problem in Pai after a 48 hrs flash flood.

If you want to see photos from the 1st flood in Pai take a look at

http://board.gt-rider.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=871

Nice one, david; saw the pictures a while back when you posted during the August flood - some great shots! I hope Tha Pai Spa Camping wasn't flooded too badly, as a bunch of us are cycling out there and looking forward to jumping in their hot spas. Guess i should give them a call.

Cheers :o