New Hotel In Surin

barryofthailand

I also have stayed there a few weeks ago when I was down in Surin for the Farang Connection party. Very impressed by the hotel and the price was excellant value for money.

Will definately be staying there again next time in Surin.

It would be nice if they had a restaurant but when I stayed there it was only opened a few days.

I've stayed there too.

Big rooms, clean and new, great value for money at 600 baht per night.

And the showers are probably the best to be had anywhere in Thailand... fantastic water pressure even on the 5th floor.

:o

New Hotel accross from the bus station in Surin  is now open. This hotel is top notch for 600 baht per night.

Barry

'Across from the bus station' Do you mean the entrance to the bus station or in that road which runs through the bus station? I'm trying to remember what buildings were there before. Presumably the knocked something down to make room to put up the hotel?

New Hotel accross from the bus station in Surin  is now open. This hotel is top notch for 600 baht per night.

Barry

Is this the only decent hotel in Surin. Looking at visiting Surin (first time) for the Elephant Roundup November 19 to 20, 2005. Just in case SurinMajestic is sold out, suggestions for other hotels in Surin will be appreciated.

Thank you all in advance.

Barry

Is this the only decent hotel in Surin. Looking at visiting Surin (first time) for the Elephant Roundup November 19 to 20, 2005. Just in case SurinMajestic is sold out, suggestions for other hotels in Surin will be appreciated.

Thank you all in advance.

Majestic is fully booked as are most of the other hotels in Surin. For the other hotels look on http://www.farangconnection.com Maneroote still has a couple of rooms, but you've left it a bit late. There's about 100,000 visitors in town that week

Interesting;

Whilst everyone is singing the praises of the Majestic, I think the place is a shocker. Sure the rooms are new and its fresh, but if you want sleazy security guards who eye-off your wife and indifferent management then that would be your hotel.

The Surin Majestic certainly is a hotel I would not go again.

I was planning to come back to the party after I got Mrs back in front of the TV, but after the scene at the Majestic, we decided to go to another hotel, and well, didn't make it back.

Interesting;

Whilst everyone is singing the praises of the Majestic, I think the place is a shocker. Sure the rooms are new and its fresh, but if you want sleazy security guards who eye-off your wife and indifferent management then that would be your hotel.

The Surin Majestic certainly is a hotel I would not go again.

Shame about that Matt... Reith and I and our respective clans stayed there recently and the security guards were quite helpful. The management, or rather, service people behind the check in/out desk were also pretty friendly and courteous. Maybe because Reith had Kitty in tow... nothing like a luk kreung baby to get the Thai girls clucking... :o

<snip>Maybe because Reith had Kitty in tow... nothing like a luk kreung baby to get the Thai girls clucking...  :o

So, I can infer that because we didn't have our kid with us, and I was a farang with a local, that gives the Majestic the license to treat my wife in a manner I would not think appropriate ?

After Edit - one day I will learn to spell :D

Edited by mattnich

:o Hello Nam

I would certainly endorse Surin girls.

I was married to one for over 25 years.

WOW! That was something.

But she left the planet 7 years ago.

I never thought i would get married again, but our daughter blasted me out of my self imposed deep hole and told me to look for another['thai] lady.

Now I`m married to a super star from Nakon Sawan. She`s a knockout too!

We are based in Bangkok.

When you visit Surin, stay at the Petchkasen. Some nice girl singers at the coffee shop will take care of you.

For a super low cost soapy massage with all the extras, forget the elaborate parlour near the Tong Tarin hotel [ the most expensive joint in town] and go to the Memorial. Some smart friendly birds will do a good job.

Good luck

When you visit Surin, stay at the Petchkasen.

Yes, and the breakfast there is good also.

Normally I live in my wife's house when I stay in Surin. When I have stayed at the Petchkasen they have always delivered.

Has this one got a pool???? What do they charge a night???

I think a poll has to be set up regarding like for like hotels in Surin !!!!

:o

So, I can infer that because we didn't have our kid with us, and I was a farang with a local, that gives the Majestic the license to treat my wife in a manner I would not think appropriate ?

Sorry to hear that Matt... hopefully the bad apples have been thrown out by now. We received nothing but courtesy.

For a super low cost soapy massage with all the extras, forget the elaborate parlour near the Tong Tarin hotel [ the most expensive joint in town] and go to the Memorial. Some smart  friendly birds will do a good job.

Errmm... not sure what this has got to do with The Masjestic, but OK then... :o

The Majestic has a brand new resturaunt opening. as a matter of fact should be open now. The food at the Petchkasen hotel sucks. The last time i stayed thier they had french toast and put chili in the syrup. If you can't find a place to eat, then eat at the Farrang connection. Good food. Has internet, and computer games for the kids.

Barry