The Hangover Part 2

theoldgit

We saw Hangover II on Friday, I thought it was very funny, but then I'm easily amused. The wedding reception in the movie appeared to be taking place at a hotel in Krabi, though it could have just been a film set, does anybody know if it was a Krabi hotel, and if so which one?

Cheers

A BM in another forum stated he was staying at the Krabi Sheraton while it was getting filmed there. These pictures, the first of which is from the Sheraton Krabi website, would seem to confirm that.

SheratonKrabiBeachResort.jpg

2011-05-29_132459.jpg

I hadn't seen the trailer until I saw this topic. I had no idea this was filmed in Thailand. Looks funny. I will definitely go see it.

Yes you are right. I wonder why dirty phuket did not attract the cast at all?

The cast also had a ball of a time in Bangkok, they did everything and more. They loved it. But Phuket was a rip-off destination, they were warned by the signs before hand. Sorry phuket, you are the weakest link, goodbye.

YeeeeHaaaaa !

The cast also had a ball of a time in Bangkok, they did everything and more. They loved it. But Phuket was a rip-off destination, they were warned by the signs before hand. Sorry phuket, you are the weakest link, goodbye.

YeeeeHaaaaa !

Curious ThaiMouse as to why you choose to bash Phuket on the Krabi Forum........(?).

By the way, right now we have beautiful weather here in Phuket, beaches are perfect and not a lot of people around. So really, I don't know where you are but I think the bashing comes from the jealousy you have of not being HERE. Please state where you are so we can understand better.

Back on topic I can confirm that it is indeed The Sheraton Krabi, and they chose the location not because Phuket is "dirty" but because they wouldn't have the onlookers and riff-raff (such as the poster bashing HKT on the Krabi Forum) to contend with during shooting as Phuket is and always will be a desirable travel destination.

YeeeeHaaaaa !

Curious ThaiMouse as to why you choose to bash Phuket on the Krabi Forum........(?).

By the way, right now we have beautiful weather here in Phuket, beaches are perfect and not a lot of people around. So really, I don't know where you are but I think the bashing comes from the jealousy you have of not being HERE. Please state where you are so we can understand better.

Back on topic I can confirm that it is indeed The Sheraton Krabi, and they chose the location not because Phuket is "dirty" but because they wouldn't have the onlookers and riff-raff (such as the poster bashing HKT on the Krabi Forum) to contend with during shooting as Phuket is and always will be a desirable travel destination.

Sorry for late reply, been travelling to Krabi, beautiful place.

Grumpyoldman I am a Phuket resident of seven years. I have just closed down my business here, put lots of people out of work.

I did not realise this was a Krabi Forum, but suffice to say, Phuket is not the wonderful place you picture it to be.

Sorry to say this, but Krabi beats Phuket hands down. I am thinking of relocating to Krabi.

Thank you have a wonderful week all of you.

Edited by LivinginKata
quote format corrected

"Sorry for late reply, been travelling to Krabi, beautiful place.

Grumpyoldman I am a Phuket resident of seven years. I have just closed down my business here, put lots of people out of work.

I did not realise this was a Krabi Forum, but suffice to say, Phuket is not the wonderful place you picture it to be.

Sorry to say this, but Krabi beats Phuket hands down. I am thinking of relocating to Krabi.

Thank you have a wonderful week all of you." ThaiMouse

Hmmmmm........didn't know you were posting on the Krabi Forum.

Closed your business (went out of business), a little bitter about that I am sure.

Phuket not the wonderful place I picture it to be, no reason to picture I'm here everyday.

Krabi beats Phuket handsdown............not the beaches, no way, unless you get to outer islands. Not the food choices, no way. Not the internet connectivity or overall infrastructure no way. Hospitals, o.k., improvements on the way but now? No way. Best you fold that "handsdown".

Sure, relocate to Krabi, enjoy, you are obviously not happy about not being able to make a go of it in Phuket, thus the resentful post on the incorrect forum. Good luck.

Closed your business (went out of business), a little bitter about that I am sure.

( No way bitter at all that I can say with 100% certainty. Could not be happier right now. NO more hassels nor worry about staff being looked after, coruption, back-handers under the table payments nor the oh never mind.....)

I made the decission to close my business. I have made more than enough money in phukey, to invest in the world and to retire in Thailand or anywhere else in the world for that matter and never work again. But, I am openning a new business because I can.)

Krabi beats Phuket handsdown............not the beaches, no way, unless you get to outer islands. ( Could not give two hoots for the beaches, I am a scuba diver, so I can go anywhere by SCUBA boat or luxury charter boat. Anyway Surin/Layan beach is 100% fine for me here.)

Not the food choices, no way. ( Depends what you like to eat and what you are willing to spend on a meal?)

Not the internet connectivity or overall infrastructure no way. (My internet was terrific this past week. I am using a CDMA MiFi unit and I did not have to wait up until 02:00 am to get good speeds.Yes in Krabi, Haad Yai and Nakorn S T? If I wanted infrastructure I would move to New York or Hong Kong.)

Hospitals, o.k., improvements on the way but now? No way.

Best you fold that "handsdown". (You win grumpyoldman, I don't want to argue the merits or demrits of phukey here or anywhere. Each unto there own I guess.)

Sure, relocate to Krabi, enjoy, you are obviously not happy about not being able to make a go of it in Phuket, ( made a fantastic "go" of it, great experience here,) thus the resentful post on the incorrect forum. Good luck. ( You too.)

Sorry moderators just stating my case. It may not be the same for everyone else. Smiles to you all.

You win grumpyoldman, I don't want to argue the merits or demrits of phukey here or anywhere. Each unto there own I guess.

Sorry moderators just stating my case. It may not be the same for everyone else. Smiles to you all.

Not trying to win anything TM, just thought your post where you assume Phuket was considered for filming and was turned down due to your opinion, was not valid.

If you can prove this movie intended to film in Phuket and did not for the reasons you state, lets see that evidence.

Opinions of both places aside.

You win grumpyoldman, I don't want to argue the merits or demrits of phukey here or anywhere. Each unto there own I guess.

Not trying to win anything TM, just thought your post where you assume Phuket was considered for filming and was turned down due to your opinion, was not valid.

If you can prove this movie intended to film in Phuket and did not for the reasons you state, lets see that evidence.

Hi Grumpy

Both the Thai and US location directors met with me on numerous occasions on my super yacht. Thery spoke to me quite openly about the downfalls of phukey.

Nothing to prove nor see. only hear.

Have a very safe and good weekend. I'm off travelling.

Hi Grumpy

Both the Thai and US location directors met with me on numerous occasions on my super yacht. Thery spoke to me quite openly about the downfalls of phukey.

Nothing to prove nor see. only hear.

yea right.........................and it's good that elephants don't fly as your postings might land on you.......

yea right.........................and it's good that elephants don't fly as your postings might land on you....... Jealousy gets you nowhere Hehe.

Pssssst, I will let you into a secret, Nicolas Cage and Angelina Jolie are coming here this year to film a movie on Phi Phi.

That is if they can find a cheap boat to stay on while anchored off Phi Phi? Do you know of any?

Are your initals A M by any chance?

And as a postscript to this and then I am done, a quick Google search on the topic turns up the decision on Krabi was made due to the fact the producers wanted a complete contrast to Bangkok.

I won't quote directly but the fact is they needed "tranquility" as a contrast to Bangkok's mayhem.

I think we can all agree Phuket probably didn't suit their "tranquility" requirement.

And now I'm done here as the fantasy world of super yachts and movie produces have left me thinking a certain poster is a bit of a nutter.....................