Schooling

mai puchai thai

My wife and i are hoping to move to Thailand in a few years in which we will have a small child ready to start school.

My wife seems happy to send our ankle biter off to the local school but it would be nice to hear the opinions of expats out there of what they think of the schools over there.

Thanks

Paul and Dtim

I think if you are in udon or khon kean the schools may be of a much better standed than the small local schools. At the moment we plan to move back to auss for the kids schooling in about 5 years time. Or build or buy a house in udon or KK not real sure yet. Village schools are real basic I would not send my kids to one or let them catch the bus or pickups total danger

You need to find a good bi lingual school. The standards of Thai schools including the bi lingual schools are very low. You can pass with an average grade of 50%. My son goes to a bi lingual school in Pattaya and i make sure he keeps his grade average up. At present his average is 86%. When i look at some of the other kids grade scores as all are posted, i see most children only attain an average of 60%.

Barry