Can You Guys Please Tell Me A Couple Of Reasons Why Chiang Rai

dunkin2012

I didn't think anyone would even remember what it was! :D The computer language version of ancient Phoenician. 'H.D for Dummies' available on polished stone tablets only.

I could give it a try I guess??

had to take my shoe off though

There are 10 types of people in the world - those who understand binary and those who don't. CR is best suited to those who do.:whistling:

00000010 post

Nary a dull moment in the CR forum.

There are two types of people in the world: We have binary and bipro.

I am gonna stick with the binary. Nary a bi moment in this old life of mine. Bipro seems a scary thing to me. Hetero has served me well thus far and I guess I am too old to change or to even think about trying something new. But why was this even brought up on this thread? We CAN start a sexuality in CR thread, if we want to. Man, you people really lose me on here sometimes.

Edited by kandahar

At age 47, I am old enough that I actually learned to read punch cards in college data processing. I did have an edge, though. We used to make Christmas Wreathes out of old ones that my dad brought home from his job with UNIVAC in the 60s. If you want to know how, and actually can still get punch cards, let me know. We used the punches for confetti at high school football games.

• 4 weeks later...

At age 47, I am starting to lean more towards Chiang Rai. Better noodle soup than CNX. Easier to get across the street. Better place to be if you are NOT a teacher.

Pineapple, Papaya, 10 baht per hour internet, all that good stuff. And the old airport is cool too. 200 bucks for an entire year of golf.....people pay more than that to play once around here in Phoenix, during the high season. I've considered Udon Thani, too, and I am real tempted by Cambodia, which seems to welcome foreign investment more, not to mention smoking ganja es no problema.

thank you Thailander for your good advice.

CR is in my future plan. Nice people around. I saw hill tribe people in a market in town to sell their products(note not in the nite plazza).

Plus the cost 'o living is pretty low.

I have been to Cambodia 2 times and I love it. Smoking hash!!!!! well, I didn't try that in Cambodia.

PS thanks all for your comments.

Edited by dunkin2012

put aside CM and

a good mood ...

then

what's wrong with ya? repeatedly annoooying!!!!!

pack it in !!!

Useless post ....Find a different forum that will understand you..Troll springs to mind here or a post while under the influence..

At age 47, I am starting to lean more towards Chiang Rai. Better noodle soup than CNX. Easier to get across the street. Better place to be if you are NOT a teacher.

Pineapple, Papaya, 10 baht per hour internet, all that good stuff. And the old airport is cool too. 200 bucks for an entire year of golf.....people pay more than that to play once around here in Phoenix, during the high season. I've considered Udon Thani, too, and I am real tempted by Cambodia, which seems to welcome foreign investment more, not to mention smoking ganja es no problema.

thank you Thailander for your good advice.

CR is in my future plan. Nice people around. I saw hill tribe people in a market in town to sell their products(note not in the nite plazza).

Plus the cost 'o living is pretty low.

I have been to Cambodia 2 times and I love it. Smoking hash!!!!! well, I didn't try that in Cambodia.

PS thanks all for your comments.

You are Welcome. I think the strip of beer bars is very disappointing, but once you are brave enough to go about 400 meters in the opposite direction, you will really like it. The real touristy stuff is extra raunchy--more reason NOT to participate. It took me several visits to find good beer promos, cheap internet, and absolutely great lunch spots.

I settled here because this is where my wife lives. We stay here because we have Mother and Father to take care of. When they are gone, we will continue to stay here because it isn't Chiang Mai, Phuket, Pattaya, BKK..............................................

This place isn't for everyone. I would guess that more people who visit this place stay on because of what it isn't more so than what it is. It isn't party town. It isn't metropolitan. It isn't crime ridden. It isn't unbearably hot and humid year round. It isn't overrun by tourists. It isn't active 24 hours a day. It isn't a fast pace.

What is it? It is family oriented. It is friendly to strangers. It is pretty much the same price for Farang as it is for locals. Family doctors and dentists keep evening hours. Traffic is slow and forgiving. Cops pretty much prefer to wave you on once they identify you as a Farang. There are exceptions to all of this, of course.

There's lots more. I won't go into them all. Maybe others will add some. And for most of what I have written, there are some exceptions.

You said the places weren't as good as you were told. I dunno about any of that. I wasn't told anything about the "places" before I came, so I had no expectations. There are lots of hidden gems here. And there are a few places, mostly Farang owned, that are loudly claimed to be something they are not. But overall, it is a pretty cool place to be if you're in the right frame of mind.

You are so correct in everything you say...The "gems" are everywhere and the people are so wonderful...Ja...