Hospital Cost In Thailand

rinastia

I believe Bumrungrad Hospital has a website that might actually give the costs of a birth, I think its bumrungrad.com but just google it and you'll be sure to find it.

Good choice. And it's good to see the McDonald's is still there! I always thought the concept of having a fast food joint in a hospital was a bit contradictory, though :o

Bumrungrad Hospital

Normal Vaginal Delivery ( 25th Anniversary )

Package Code: OBST 1.2.1

Effective Date: 18 July 2005 (First Originated : 1 April 2005)

Summary: This is a routine Normal Vaginal Delivery Obstetrics Package with 2 nights length of stay in the maternity unit. Nursery accommodations and nursing care for the baby for up to 2 nights are included in the package.

The Package Includes:

· Labor and Delivery Room Charges

· Accommodation for 2 nights on the maternity floor including : Room Charges for Single Room(Only)

Nursing Service Charges , Service Charges , Regular menu food charges

· Nursery accommodations and Nursing Service Charges 2 nights for the baby

· Laboratory Testing : necessary for the mother and baby as ordered by the attending physician(s) as

- CBC , Anti HIV for mother

- Neonatal Grouping ( ABO Grouping , Rh Grouping ) & Direct Coomb’s Test , *PKU , TSH(Newborn)

Hct , Microbilirubin for baby

· Medications and Medical supplies : Routine necessary for the labor and delivery procedure as ordered by the attending physician(s) for mother and baby

· Medical Equipment : necessary for the normal labor and delivery , Fetal Monitoring

· Doctor Fees:

1. Obstetrician fee

2. Pediatrician fee

· Others

1. Baby Gift Pack

2. Baby Photo

3. Registration of baby’s birth

4. Free Bumrungrad Pre-Natal Education Classes

The Package Excludes:

· Charges for stays in excess of two nights: Patients staying for additional nights will be charged at the normal rates in effect for the room and other charges occurring during the extra nights. Additional doctor fee will be added at the normal rates in effect for those excess days.

· Complications for either the mother or baby and multiple births: The package is for single baby, normal uncomplicated deliveries. Should the complication occur with the mother, the package pricing will not apply and all charges will be billed at the normal rates. Should a complication occur with baby not effecting the mother, the amount of 9,000 Baht ( Nine Thousand Baht ) will be deducted from the package price and all charges for the baby and Pediatrician will be charged at the normal rates .

· Caesarian Section Births: Should a mother on a normal delivery package require an unplanned normal C-Section, she will be allowed to convert to the C-Section Package.

· Spinal or Epidural Anesthesia (If medically indicated, please see further information in Package

OBST 1.3 )

· Other procedures not related to the normal delivery.

· Other medical supplies not included in the package : Baby’s Pillow , New Born Hearing Screening Test

Diaper Cloth , Take home Pamper Baby Dry.

· Items of a personal nature such as in-room soft drinks, telephone charges and guest meals will be billed at the normal rates in effect.

Take home medications.

Patient Eligibility:

Patients with the following conditions are considered to be complex or high risk cases and will not qualify for the package:

· Multiple births,

· Abnormal bleeding during pregnancy,

· Pre-eclampsia , Eclampsia , Abruptio placenta , Placenta previa , etc.

· Patients with underlying severe medical problems that may affect the delivery process and such attending physician’s consideration is strongly recommended.

Package Price:

42,900 Baht

Add-On Charges:

If the circumcision procedure needed to be done for the baby ,additional actual charges will be added at the normal rate.

Charges for Tubal Resection will be charged at the normal rates.

Note:

· The Hospital reserves the right not to allow the patient to fix the auspicious birth time during 9 pm until 7 am.

· The Package is applicable to Single Room accommodation only.

· The Package Pricing is extended to patients who settle the bill directly to the Hospital only.

No discount of any kind may be applied to package prices.

The Package Pricing is valid for those who deliver between 18 July 2005 and 31 December 2006.

Prices are subject to change without prior notice

Edited by tywais

My daughter was born at the Samitivej hospital.

A 40K package blew up to 120K when cesarean section was performed.

Baby of my Thai colleague was born at Phaya Thai and the price was 38K, 5 night and accommodation for mother's sister.

He said that Bumrungrad and other expensive places are rubbish and there is nothing more than glamour and more English speaking doctors that are not any better than average. "Money printing factories" he called them.

(Altough he is covered by the same insurance as me he choose not to go to Bumrungrad and similar).

No mater what he said, I'll keep on using them as all I need in Thai are routine things and checkups.

Bumrungrad Hospital

Normal Vaginal Delivery ( 25th Anniversary )

Package Code: OBST 1.2.1

·      The Hospital reserves the right not to allow the patient to fix the auspicious birth time during 9 pm until 7 am.

I love this bit - so how much is the cork to ensure birth at an auspicious time ??? :o