Lights In The Sky Tonight

up-country_sinclair

Still nothing out this way. If it was the military that'd be some sort of operation to have 10 or 15 choppers up there. Keep a watch out for triffids or body snatcher cocoons on the way out the door in the morning, mate. :o

did anyone else see the 10 -15 orange lights in the south east sky tonight around 9 pm?  or am i completely losing my mind?

seriously.

perhaps it was some sort of thai airforce operation?

I'm not so sure but if there are moving lights in the sky it usually turns out to be Thai style hot air ballon called"Kom-fai" or 'kom-loy' not UFO thingys. :o

yeah, i'm starting to think that's what they were. let me try to explain myself....

my dogs were barking so i walked out onto the veranda to see what they were upset about, and i look up in the sky and there were these orange lights way off in the distance . i stood there staring at them for a couple of minutes and they weren't moving......i guess i kind of freaked out a little bit.

is there an emoticon for completely embarrassed?

Edited by up-country_sinclair

is there an emoticon for completely embarrassed?

My first night in CM happened to be at Loy Krathong. I casually asked my sister in law if there had been any forest fires. When she said no and asked why I pointed out that all the stars were red.

She was at least polite about it. :o

Welcome to Chiang Mai

cv

~

Is there a good place to buy some good quality ones?

I want to send a few to my brother in Nebraska to see if he can kick up a few UFO calls.

:D

In lieu of purchasing them...... how do you make them? :o

Before I leave Kabul, I need to make a statement, you know something they can remember me by, and also something will get me blacklisted for another visa!

Do these hot air balloons ever drop back to the ground when the fuel is finished, and hit somebody? It's no joke considering the metal frame and dropping from such a distance... :D

They are made of light bamboo and paper, very little weight to them or else would be difficult to fly with just a candle in them. I set a few of them off and it was a lot of fun. Also, it is considered good luck if you find one (maybe more so if it hits you on the head).

You can buy them for about 100-200 baht and they are very compact. The most difficult part is getting them filled with air initially. Have to sweep them through the air to get them to bellow out, usually takes a couple of people and can be quite a laugh if you have never done it before. Especially enjoy setting the fireworks off on launch. :o

The closer to Loi Krathong (next month) the more you will see. Loi Krathong in Chiangmai is really a big event and you will see literally hundreds of these "orange balls" in the sky during that period. No need to get SETI envolved. :D

Edited by tywais