Disaster Looming?

Ollie

What a day!

Text after text from the G/F near Chumpuang stating a famous geologist Dr. has said that there is going to be an earthquake in the `east' a Tsunami in the South, flooding and just about everything else. They all seem to be panicking, buying up tinned food etc!!!

But, this forum is calm personified and I checked the internet and it seems there may be some storms, possibly flooding, but earthquakes - nothing predicted in the area. Not sure Thailand is even in an earthquake zone? But she inists they felt the Tsunami earthquake?

Oh by the way, the Tsunami is going to be on the 17th or 18th October.

Any locals have any news about this ongoing news / debate that is apparently on TV?

Ollie,

You’re not the only one. I spent a bit of time today calming my missus down too. She must have been watching the same program. Her workplace was buzzing with rumors and worries.

These fears seem to be building up from a series of TV and radio programs full of doom and gloom over the past week or so. :D

I think I managed to convince her there’s nothing to worry about. :o

What a day!

Text after text from the G/F near Chumpuang stating a famous geologist Dr. has said that there is going to be an earthquake in the `east' a Tsunami in the South, flooding and just about everything else. They all seem to be panicking, buying up tinned food etc!!!

But, this forum is calm personified and I checked the internet and it seems there may be some storms, possibly flooding, but earthquakes - nothing predicted in the area. Not sure Thailand is even in an earthquake zone? But she inists they felt the Tsunami earthquake? 

Oh by the way, the Tsunami is going to be on the 17th or 18th October.

Any locals have any news about this ongoing news / debate that is apparently on TV?

big earthquake in the south or pakistan

Jai Dee started a similar topic not so long back...

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?sh...46234&hl=rumour

totster  :D

Ahh... so I wasn't the only one then hey?

Well... so far so lucky (for Thailand anyway)... the earthquakes (Aceh and Pakistan) have missed us, and the cool season seems to be approaching rapidly.

Nearly halfway through the month already... :o

<fingers crossed>