Somewhere In Ao Nang?

Beanster1

Been living in Thailand 5 years, however never been to Krabi!! Some buddies of mine are coming from the US and are staying in the Cliff Ao Nang Resort. Their budget is a little higher than mine!!! :D

Can anyone recommend a place nearby that isn't more than 2k a night? :o

Cheers

Beanster1 :D

Been living in Thailand 5 years, however never been to Krabi!! Some buddies of mine are coming from the US and are staying in the Cliff Ao Nang Resort. Their budget is a little higher than mine!!! :D

Cheers

If you are there before Oct 31 www.krabiresort.com have rooms for 1980 baht at low season rates. I have stayed there - it's quite nice and on the beachfront.

Try Cafe Pourquoi, it's within your price range and *very* tastefully decked out. I'm currently staying there though I'll have moved in a couple of days. It's right by the bridge at the Ao Nang end of Nopparat Thara beach, about 2km from the Cliff. Only problem in that area is the footpath's up while being replaced. The guvnor says mention my name when you enquire and you should get a discount!

Les

Cheers

If you take the main road along the beach heading east, it will turn to go inland. Just after it turns, there is a small alley/soi on the left. There are a few guest houses there. This is fairly near the Cliff Ao Nang Resort. In fact it is a better location than the Cliff.

I stayed in the last guest house on the left. Had a room with a $1,000,000 view. I stayed there for about 3 months in off-season for 300 baht per night. Of course their high season short stay rates would be much higher, but probably less than 2000 baht.

If I find contact information, I will post an update.

• 3 weeks later...
Try Cafe Pourquoi, it's within your price range and *very* tastefully decked out. I'm currently staying there though I'll have moved in a couple of days. It's right by the bridge at the Ao Nang end of Nopparat Thara beach, about 2km from the Cliff. Only problem in that area is the footpath's up while being replaced. The guvnor says mention my name when you enquire and you should get a discount!

Les

My girlfriend and I stayed in another "motel" in the same block, very clean, new and very reasonably priced, the staff were very helpfull and there's a great restaurant across the road overlooking the beach, slightly out of the way of the noisy section of Ao Nang as well!