July 4Th, Picnic

CMNightRider

According to my contact at Creative Kingdom (and American company) the 4th of July festival will be held in the same location as it was last year when the VFW ran it. I was told there will be BBQ, hamburgers, hotdogs and much more being served on site.

According to my contact at Creative Kingdom (and American company) the 4th of July festival will be held in the same location as it was last year when the VFW ran it. I was told there will be BBQ, hamburgers, hotdogs and much more being served on site.

Nothing free, I assume.

Yep, I heard for the first time that the U.S. Consulate will not be involved this year due to budgetary concerns.

The US Consulate has not contributed for the 4th of July Festival hosted by the VFW for the last 2 year but they did provide "seed" money, money that helped in the organization of the event that was later repaid but they did lend their name to the event. Your information is wrong.

I have not heard a real reason why the Consulate would not be involved in the event this year but I'm sure the real reason will be interesting. I will find out.

The VFW voted to bow out because of a couple of reasons. I'm not going to get into them here but this, the VFW, is a group of "Patriots," the VFW, that care about the US, they were ridiculed and belittled after last year's event because the attendance was too successful. These guys did nothing but want to give back and do an event for the people that they represented.

They wanted to do the event this year but the crap that they received they said that they would not do it. So complainers you should pat yourselves on the back.

Dave

Yep, I heard for the first time that the U.S. Consulate will not be involved this year due to budgetary concerns.

The US Consulate has not contributed for the 4th of July Festival hosted by the VFW for the last 2 year but they did provide "seed" money, money that helped in the organization of the event that was later repaid but they did lend their name to the event. Your information is wrong.

I have not heard a real reason why the Consulate would not be involved in the event this year but I'm sure the real reason will be interesting. I will find out.

The VFW voted to bow out because of a couple of reasons. I'm not going to get into them here but this, the VFW, is a group of "Patriots," the VFW, that care about the US, they were ridiculed and belittled after last year's event because the attendance was too successful. These guys did nothing but want to give back and do an event for the people that they represented.

They wanted to do the event this year but the crap that they received they said that they would not do it. So complainers you should pat yourselves on the back.

Dave

Providing 'seed money' and lending their name to the event is being involved, is it not? Not to mention that they actively promoted each event. Sadly no longer it seems.

Most of the criticism regarding the rather painful charade last year had little to do about the VFW, and more about, truth be told, the logistics of food distribution, not to mention the total lack of quality. Hence the complaints.

Edited by venturalaw

Oh my goodness! I think we're getting part of the picture about why the American Consulate selected a private contractor, i.e. a Thai company, to organize the 4th of July picnic, rather than continuing to rely on the VFW. Of course, the previous three posts from the paranoid VFW member will be removed (along with mine) once the moderators discover them!

I offered to help the VFW with the all-important issue of toilet facilties. It was a serious offer and I have a history of making things happen. It was rebuffed. Perhaps if they used other Americans in addition to VFW members to organize the event, it wouldn't have been so overwhelming for them.

Edited by NancyL