3G News & Developments

• Replies 403
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can anyone comment on the reliability of the 3G services offered in Thailand? How much downtime is there? My experience with EDGE a few years ago was that it was a joke in terms of reliability - constantly going on and off all day.

I listen to Oz radio to and from work every day via Tune In Radio. Works fine for me

I received an OTA push from DTAC yesterday. No idea whether this might be for their new 3G service. My download speed doesn't seem to have changed - still around 6.6 Mb/s. Only thing I noticed is that that OTA made my APN settings option go away in my iPhone preferences.

I just checked AIS 3G 2100 map of end of 2014 (2557), it almost covers all of Thailand including Isan villages. Hope they can put so many base towers for coverage. Coverage area is big problem in 2100 mhz stations...

I just checked AIS 3G 2100 map of end of 2014 (2557), it almost covers all of Thailand including Isan villages. Hope they can put so many base towers for coverage. Coverage area is big problem in 2100 mhz stations...

Yep - I am constantly on either "AIS" (2G) or their 900 MHz 3G which is quite spotty.

Agreed - we should end this. It's common knowledge that True has the best 3G network, and ThaiCbr has already asserted that.

I think the key point here is that an operator can have all the 3G stations they want, with every square metre of Thailand covered, but having a fast 3G connection is useless if their internet gateway is inadequate. That was my experience with AIS - no problem getting a 3G connection, but data download speeds were essentially zero at high density places like Suvarnabhumi or a a traffic clogged area like Asoke, where there was not even enough internet bandwidth to check email. I switched to DTAC and have been completely happy since then. In the three months that I have been with DTAC, I have experienced some degree of slowdowns, but never to the point where data download speed crawled to a stop, as was so often the case with AIS.

Agreed - we should end this. It's common knowledge that True has the best 3G network, and ThaiCbr has already asserted that.

I think the key point here is that an operator can have all the 3G stations they want, with every square metre of Thailand covered, but having a fast 3G connection is useless if their internet gateway is inadequate. That was my experience with AIS - no problem getting a 3G connection, but data download speeds were essentially zero at high density places like Suvarnabhumi or a a traffic clogged area like Asoke, where there was not even enough internet bandwidth to check email. I switched to DTAC and have been completely happy since then. In the three months that I have been with DTAC, I have experienced some degree of slowdowns, but never to the point where data download speed crawled to a stop, as was so often the case with AIS.

Absolutely valid Point !. What many forget is in True Corp case, they are the biggest Internet Service provider in the country, and as such have built experience through trial and error on managing broadband. ( I think since 2004 or 2005)

The other guys are still "new kids on the block" with regards to internet.

I think being "absolutely the biggest internet service provider" does not necessarily make a company the best ISP. Being the biggest could well mean being overloaded with subscribers. My experience with True internet has been just that - download speed during evening peak times get very slow indeed.

Seems to me that a mobile phone company should concentrate on their mobile phone network, and then ensure they have an adequate broadband connection.

English Contact # for Truemove-H. Sorry if this has been answered before, but I am too lazy to go through 40 pages of posts. I am looking for a number for Truemove-H where I can get service in English. Thank you.

Sent from my i-mobile IQ 6 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

English Contact # for Truemove-H. Sorry if this has been answered before, but I am too lazy to go through 40 pages of posts. I am looking for a number for Truemove-H where I can get service in English. Thank you.

Typically 1331

When IVR pics up, press what ever number for English ( I think press 1 or 2 )

I tried that # and everything was in Thai. I tried pressing 1and it was still Thai, the same with 2. No English to be found.

You prepaid or post paid?. I suspect it's a sim initial registration issue, some operators click u either Thai or English language on initial purchase in their system , so you don't have to "press 1" every time you call them to select language. Convenient, but if wrong language selection, ur knackered

To reset this, you would need a Thai person to call the agent to explain the issue, and get them to change ur language setting , or just press what ever on the IVR , speak English and hope they transfer u to English skill agent

My 2 cents

• 10 months later...