Suphanburi

bkkmadness

Ok, got a wedding to go to in a couple of weeks in Suphanburi and I've heard thats its quite a wealthy province so assume there will be a bit of nightlife, but mainly Thai orientated.

Since we'll be down there for a couple of nights, we want to get some 9 ball in. Is there any bar that has a good pool table or is that too much to hope for? :D

Any other tips for Suphanburi nightlife would be appreciated, nothing naughty though coz I'm taking the gf. :o

Suphanburi, Whats the score there?

Suphan 0 Kan 10

:D:D:D

BKKmadness

Below is the Fred about said place.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=25242

I gave it my score above. :D

Pop into Kan stay overnight and then go to the wedding if that Kan be done. :D

Score for this place is 10 (times much better) compared to Suphan IMO. :o

Yours truly, :D

Kan Win :D

P.S. PM the OP to find out more :D on the above Fred

Edited by Kan Win

I used to live in Suphan, and I don't ever remember seeing a Pool table, so 9-ball might be a struggle.

The place is worth staying 1 night, Go up the tower, take some photo's and the go to Kanchanaburi. The town is not really geared for farang people.

There are some nice places to eat there at night - if you speak Thai.

Cheers lads, staying up Kanch is not an option really, I've never been Suphan before so want to spend what time I've got there.

Can you rent motorbikes there? Maybe go for some daytime drives if the nightlife isn't happening.

Worst comes to worse, me mates taking the playstation. :o

as a resident of Suphanburi I advise that amphur Suphan is a dump...take Kan's advice and hang in K-buri and commute to the wedding (also Ayutthaya is not far away). About the only thing going there is the food hall at tescos (no pool tables, I'm afraid)

Dump - Dump???

Suphan's got all kinds of cool places like Don Chedi etc.

You wanna the chicks - it ain't the place but for us middle-aged in a long-term relationship it suits the sh1t outa me! :o

as a resident of Suphanburi I advise that amphur Suphan is a dump...take Kan's advice and hang in K-buri and commute to the wedding (also Ayutthaya is not far away). About the only thing going there is the food hall at tescos (no pool tables, I'm afraid)

Dump - Dump???

You wanna the chicks - it ain't the place but for us middle-aged in a long-term relationship it suits the sh1t outa me! :o

Boon...I believe what bkkmadness wanted to know was regarding attractions in Suphan town. There are some places to see outside town but Suphanburi is a big province. A few kms down the road from us we got Wat Phai with one of the tallest sitting buddhas in SE Asia but its a fair bit from amphur Suphan. Admit it...other than drinking Chang and ogling the 6th form school girls at the tescos food hall there ain't much to do there...

We drove through Suphan a few years ago, you do have great roads tho!

(You should give a big thanks to a certain former PM for that blessing :o )

yeah that much I gotta admit. In our town they (by the former PMs order) built a really nice bridge at the northern entrance quite nicely lit up at night and that I can see from my bedroom window. Lotsa night time truck traffic rumbling thru town...a neighbor that has a food stall nearby does a good business

Dump - Dump???

You wanna the chicks - it ain't the place but for us middle-aged in a long-term relationship it suits the sh1t outa me! :D

Boon...I believe what bkkmadness wanted to know was regarding attractions in Suphan town. There are some places to see outside town but Suphanburi is a big province. A few kms down the road from us we got Wat Phai with one of the tallest sitting buddhas in SE Asia but its a fair bit from amphur Suphan. Admit it...other than drinking Chang and ogling the 6th form school girls at the tescos food hall there ain't much to do there...

tutsi~

Only the 6th form school girls? :D

Get in there around noon and check out the office gals, man! :o

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, an update, a friend told me there are Pool Tables at the Khun Suphan Hotel.

Something else you can do is sit at the noodle cart just up the road from NASA mall at night and watch the locals in their suicidal motorcycle races. Some of them lie face down on the seat.

Cheers dude, but Im back now. I think I might have stayed at that hotel as well, there is two of those hotels right, a new one and an old one? The hotel we stayed at was one of the best in Thailand I have used at 700 baht. Service weren't perfect but really top quality rooms for the money. Save the pool for Hilarys bar in Bangers. :o

Ok, an update, a friend told me there are Pool Tables at the Khun Suphan Hotel.

yeah...from the reception desk head towards the lifts then turn left and head towards the back. Some nice pool tables as I remember, one each to a room. They also got a massage service with a 'fish bowl' in the same part of the hotel. Otherwise the hotel ain't got much to commend it, although it's probably the only place in town with western toilets...

It has a Tesco Lotus and a temple next to a river where there are so many catfish, the water is slimey.

You can't catch them see, they are for the monks - however you can feed them bread and watch them writhe about over each other.

"Writhe over each other" - & I thought this was a family forum... :o

It has a Tesco Lotus and a temple next to a river where there are so many catfish, the water is slimey.

You can't catch them see, they are for the monks - however you can feed them bread and watch them writhe about over each other.

"Writhe over each other" - & I thought this was a family forum... :o

mommy fish, daddy fish and wee little baby fish... :D

• 1 month later...

Just having a looking through this thread I was rather taken aback why a couple of the Suphan regulars chose Kanchanburi over Bangkok as possible escapism into night-lifism.

In fact, if you are needing to come to Suphan but would prefer a bitta 'razzle-dazzle' nightlife then perhaps Bangkok would be more suitable as a 'stop-over'.

Should you be travelling by public transport from Suphan, then it is actually quicker to get into Bkk than it is Kan. Though the distance to Kan from Suphanburi's provincial town is slightly shorter than BKK's, the only available transportation is the usual upcountry-style 'rot wan yen' type bus. ie Suphan-Kan bus = 2+hrs to trudge the meager distance of 90km. As for Bkk, you can flash yer way in a super quickie mini-van (80mins).

Unfortuantely, since this is Thailand, the only available 'motorbike rental shops' in the country are located at the normal touristy hot-spots such as Pattaya, Chaweng and Patong beaches. It is possible to hire a bike in town though, you would just have to find someone who is willing to, privately, hire theirs out. This is the norm for most upcountry town.

Like the most of the country, if it's a cheapy game a pool yer after, then if it isn't Sukhumvit's early sois or the joys of the Khao Sarn vicinity you'll have to make do with the likes of the usual upcountry snooker hall. For the bargain price, around the likes of 60 baht an hour, you can have the owner of the gaff set up yer own 9-ball game and let you play and gamble yerself mindless.

Just last year 'Suphanburi province' was awarded, by PM Thaksin, the national award for 'A Model Province' and bestowed 'Thailand's most developed province, secondly only to the nation's capital.

There are lotsa thrills and spills in this 'Land of Monks and Mangosteen' but if it's saucy lady-a-the-night action yer after, then it's best to go elsewhere. Suphan has little in that regard, but what it does offer is a taste of central region Chinese-Thai style.

As for any of the regulars here who enjoy 'googling up' sixth formers around town, i do hope you are joking!

Thanks for that point of view.

There is a bit of night-life in Suphan, but you do have to look hard.

If you go on the main Hwy - 340, and take the next left after Tesco-Lotut, there are a good number of Kara-ok and Clubs there

When you get to the clock and turn Right and go down the Klong with the Songphanburi and the Klong on your left, you will see Rd 6. On that croner is "The Good View" Excellent food, well priced and they have live music every night.

There is also LA Pub in the Carpark on the KhunSuphan. In the Khun Suphan there is a massage place, and you can "Barfine" the girls.....should you so choose.

Finally, back at the clock, and turning right at the lights, about 200m or so - before you get to the main Highway again, there are 3 "Massage" places.

If you want to go and feed the fish, go to the Ruang Pair restaurant. Its a floating restaurant just out of town. It means Houseboat or something like that. You can sit on the floating part, and feed these enormous fish, and its not the push like at the temple.

Oh yes, There is another sooker club sort of opposite Nasa Mall, maybe a bit further back towards the clock.

Thats all I remember of Suphan Town, as I havn't been there for nearly a year.

Good stuff there from mattnich on the night-life goings-on of Suphanburi Town.

Would just like to extend on that and say that the past two months have seen the emergence of Suphan's latest 'hit' theque 'Volume'

This smallish discotheque, located right at the 'Clocktower' has been an instant hit with all of Suphan's younger/though-not-that-young weller-off generation. The place is packed-out 7 days a week. According to the authorities in charge: "It is 'the place to be seen' for Hi-So Suphans.

Suphanburi Town prides itself in a lot of things and one thing is the fact that the local authorities in charge do 'crack down' on prostitution'. Unlike most of the country, the local demondaines here are either at the hotel as mentioned above, or under the guidance of a few mamasans in town.

There are a few 'sing-a-song' bars as stated near the 'Clocktower' but they are pretty tame, and very laid-back, in comparison with what you see elsewhere in the Land of Noodle-soups and Nose-jobs'.

'Mr...Banharn' has tried his best to boycott 'ladies-of-the-night. If it's girlies-of-the-trade or six grader students, as mentioned above, you are after, then i say...it is certainly advisable to venture elsewhere.

Edited by stevesuphan

'Mr...Banharn' has tried his best to boycott 'ladies-of-the-night. If it's girlies-of-the-trade or six grader students, as mentioned above, you are after, then i say...it is certainly advisable to venture elsewhere.

You don't know how that kind of news gladens the wat-jai of my little bride! :o