Hatyai Airport To Town

Impkenai

Will be arriving Hatyai airport in August.

Are there meter taxis or other transport from the airport to Hatyai town?

How much would be the fare?

Any info would be appreciated. Just don't want to be ripped off. Thks

haadyai

hatyai

is still a relatively safe and inexpensive LARGE TOWN....

it depends on your mood and selection on how to get to town....

you may choose amongst:

motobike taxi

airport van

private auto, private plate

private auto, yellow plate

you should not have to pay more than 200 thb for a one way trip by official van to town....

haadyai could be a heaven on earth town for many who enjoy good decent food of various countries,

in addition to music, night life et cetera....

enjoy....

Thanks, Vont, for the benchmark. At least I know when I am being ripped off. LOL

Street food here seems to be a little more expensive than Bangkok. Generally noodles cost B50 compared with B25 to B30 in Bangkok. Don't know why, but I'm not knocking it.

Thanks, Vont, for the benchmark. At least I know when I am being ripped off. LOL

Street food here seems to be a little more expensive than Bangkok. Generally noodles cost B50 compared with B25 to B30 in Bangkok. Don't know why, but I'm not knocking it.

the price depends on what they put inside your bowl....

if you eat around central dept store and lee garden plaza, price would be a little higher,

however if you just walk a 5 min walk toward the end of the 3rd street toward the KimYong market area,

you would have plenty more choices with cheaper price structure as well....

if you state your intention in haadyai, perhaps several of us could suggest something more of your liking or so.... B)

I'll be spending a few days fishing in Hatyai again.

I simply like the Thai food, and street food is what I like best, provided it is cooked piping hot. Yes, I ate mostly at streets along Lee Garden Plaza due to lack of info. Will take your advice and explore the Kim Yong market area.

Cheers.

I simply like the Thai food, and street food is what I like best, provided it is cooked piping hot. Yes, I ate mostly at streets along Lee Garden Plaza due to lack of info. Will take your advice and explore the Kim Yong market area.

Cheers.

just as you are about to enter KY market, there is a street running to the right, originating from the railroad bridge, follow that street, there are ample local food stores mostly for locals.

they are not expensive either.

also if you are a morning person, enter ky market by the same entrance, third street, about 200 meters from the entrance, there is another side street leading to your right.

if you follow that street, you'll find unusual thai food and chinese food, all about 10 to 15 baht per plate. they are unusually tasty.

yum yum yummy.... enjoy....

• 1 month later...

thers no sea in hat ai

you can get the thai airways mini van for 50 baht to pacific hotel opp thai air office either way

Thks for the tip. I'll be fishing at the Hatyai Sportfishing Park. Not too large a place but quite inexpensive.