Bangkok - Chiang Mai

phuketpaddy

Hello,

I'll be arriving in Bangkok around lunchtime in a couple of weeks, whats the chances of getting on a flight that same day to Chiang Mai. I know from looking on nokair,thai airways etc that there seems to be plenty of flights available but do you usually need to book them in advance. I dont want to do this in case my flight is delayed.

Also can i just show up at the airport and book a ticket from there or do i have to go to a travel agents?? And when i arrive at Bangkok International Airport is the domestic airport far from there or are they in the same place??? How much would a taxi bus cost to get between the two??

Cheers

No problems. You can buy the ticket from Nokair in the domestic terminal.

I have done the same several times.

Its about 5 min walk, inside, to the domestic terminal, or if You want You can take a free buss.

There are two other low-price companys to Chiang Mai, Air Asia and OneTwo Go

Good luck

There is at least one flight every hour till 5 PM. I usually fly Air Thai. Funny but I have never changed planes from an international flight there but I think the terminals are right next to one another. The planes were not that full when I left BKK a month ago for CM but don't know about now. Air Thai should be able to give you all the information over the phone.

There is at least one flight every hour till 5 PM.  I usually fly Air Thai.  Funny but I have never changed planes from an international flight there but I think the terminals are right next to one another.  The planes were not that full when I left BKK a month ago for CM but don't know about now.  Air Thai should be able to give you all the information over the phone.

I just bought a flight from BKK - Chiang Mai for 1399 baht through http://www.fly12go.com/en/main.shtml. Haven't flown them yet so I can't give a review but that's the cheapest I found online. They're having a sale.

I usually land in bangkok from england at around 6 30 pm.go straight to domestic terminal,then i usually go to one2go or airasia and get a ticket for a flight around 8pm.costs around 1500 baht maybe 1700 top.i think its great to fly straight to chiang mai when land in bk to get the gruelling travelling over in one day.

I usually land in bangkok from england at around 6 30 pm.go straight to domestic terminal,then i usually go to one2go or airasia and get a ticket for a flight around 8pm.costs around 1500 baht maybe 1700 top.i think its great to fly straight to chiang mai when land in bk to get the gruelling travelling over in one day.

Thanks Lads, Thats actually cheaper than i expected. Im not sure what airline i checked before but they were charging in the region of 2500 baht one way, so 1349 baht from one2go seems a good price. Ill look out for their stall when i get to the airport. Thanks for the help guys

Flying from the UK is a killer.

But CM in the same day is really exhausting I tend to sleep most of the way from the UK so another hour or so is not that bad and at least it keeps you away from Bangkok.

(If I was sat next to someone like the girls in your pic I`m sure I wouldn`t get to sleep) :o