Malaria Prevention

asterie

I will be travelling to an area which is prone to malaria.

Has anyone heard of a anti malaria pill called malarone I  understand it has low side effects. Is it available in thailand.

Which area are you travelling to, and for how long?

As far as I know Malarone is not available in Thailand, at least it wasnt 2 years ago. Its true that Malarone has the least side effects. I bought Malorone for my first trip to Thailand and have never had to use them. I still have the pills just in case but after 3 years I have never had to use them. I live in a Malaria zone,

My advice would be to buy the pills but not to take them as a preventative. If you get sick and diagnosed Malaria you can take 4 x 1 tablet a day for 3 days and it should cure you.

Has anyone heard of a anti malaria pill called malarone I  understand it has low side effects. Is it available in thailand.

I also heard of tablets that make your blood sour (mosquitos only wanna sweet blood) and which shouldn't have any side effects. unfortunatly i don't know the name, but you should get them at the pharmacy.

i'm planning to go to kho chang for a week and am looking for some tablets against malaria but with low side effects too as i' m usually the first one getting bitten... :o

Which area are you travelling to, and for how long?

As far as I know Malarone is not available in Thailand, at least it wasnt 2 years ago. Its true that Malarone has the least side effects. I bought Malorone for my first trip to Thailand and have never had to use them. I still have the pills just in case but after 3 years I have never had to use them. I live in a Malaria zone,

My advice would be to buy the pills but not to take them as a preventative. If you get sick and diagnosed Malaria you can take 4 x 1 tablet a day for 3 days and it should cure you.

as far as i know malarone isnt available in thailand - i got mine from my GP before going away travelling - used malarone on and off throughout cambodia, vietnam, laos and some parts of thailand.

probably the most expensive anti-malarial to use but is constanly praised as being on of, if not the best, anti-malarial to take.... i work in a hospital and was advised to use malarone by a well travelled consultant of tropical diseases etc etc..

id give it the thumbs up - IMHO