Do Atheist Belong In Aa

Johnniey

3 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

My understanding is that - The only requirement for membership is a desire to stop drinking. This issue is discussed at length in "The 12 Steps and 12 Traditions" and the conclusion of that chapter is that the only requirement for membership is a desire to stop drinking...

However, equally, no other group of AA, or their committees or boards are required to endorse or support another group, if they choose not to do so.

Furthermore, it is not for us to comment on the activities of other groups - we should be sharing our own experience strength and hope, and let others live as they choose so to do. So perhaps I should be following my own advice and deleting this before I post it...

I expect we will attract the ire of the chaps in boating jackets and parkas with this topic, and I expect it will fairly quickly degenerate into posturing prejudice

SC.

Indeed, and I do hope we can abide by the newly instituted sub forum rules designed to ensure that this is a place where others may share their experiences.

In that light, and given these rules I see no real reason for what is merely a post meant to incite debate and diatribe in contravention of those rules to remain open.

Please read these rules again before posting as the goal of this forum is to offer a free and open discussion of shared experiences.

//CLOSED//