Airport To Bkk Metro

Hobgoblin

Hi,

What is the nearest Metro (Subway) stop to Don Mueang Airport? I need to get to Ekkamai Station. I know I can take a taxi there, but I'm rarely in Bangkok, and I wanted to try out the new subway and ride the Skytrain on my way back this time.

This is assuming, of course that having a plane land at 19:10, and the last bus leaving Ekkamai at 21:00, there is ample time.

Thanks!

Edited by Hobgoblin

Bang Sue is probably geographically closest, but easier to get to is Chatuchak Park, directly under the Mo Chit BTS station, change to the Skytrain at Sukhumvit/Asoke interchange.

As long as the traffic is not too bad, and you're not delayed getting through the airport or getting a taxi then you should have no problem with time.

This is a weird thread.

The subway doesn't go anywhere near Ekamai. You could change to the skytrain at Sukhumvit/Asoke. But it would be quicker to just get on the skytrain at Mo Chit. If you have a particular obsession with travelling by rail, you could even take the train from the airport to Bang Seu, then the subway, and then the skytrain, changing at either Suk./Asoke or Chatuchak/Mo Chit. This of course would be completely insane.

Given that you have less than 2 hours to make this connection, the only realistic way is directly to Ekamai by taxi.

Edit: If you're going to Trat (Koh Chang) or Pattaya, there are also buses from Mo Chit bus station, which is a lot closer to the airport. Less frequent, though.

Edited by The_Other_Mac