Tachilek Immig Accept One Dollar Bills?

meowchawpnom

Thanks. I wasn't able to find any fives at the banks I went to yesterday.

I heard that the Burmese won't give you change from a ten or a twenty, is that true? If they would it would make things a lot easier.

They do give change for US bills and the change is in US bills....also they gladly take baht also....they didn't a few months ago but now they do. All of the time that they didn't take baht the immigration on the Thai side would sell you dollars right there where they stamp your visa as you leave....of course they made a little profit off of every transaction......

also they gladly take baht also....they didn't a few months ago but now they do.

Nonsense. They hve never refused bht from me, nd up until 3 months go, I ws trvelling into Tchilek every other week...

It may be nonsense but its true. A few months ago the Myanmar immigration in Tachilek would only take US$'s......then after a few months they started accepting baht again.....we discussed it in another thread.....I experienced it personally and directly myself....about 4 or 5 months in a row if memory serves me correctly. Of course I can't vouch for what there policy was for you....maybe you got special treatment?

Edited by chownah

also they gladly take baht also....they didn't a few months ago but now they do.

Nonsense. They hve never refused bht from me, nd up until 3 months go, I ws trvelling into Tchilek every other week...

It may be nonsense but its true. A few months ago the Myanmar immigration in Tachilek would only take US$'s......then after a few months they started accepting baht again.....we discussed it in another thread.....I experienced it personally and directly myself....about 4 or 5 months in a row if memory serves me correctly. Of course I can't vouch for what there policy was for you....maybe you got special treatment?

Maybe you got the special treatment :o

It may be nonsense but its true.  A few months ago the Myanmar immigration in Tachilek would only take US$'s......then after a few months they started accepting baht again.....we discussed it in another thread.....I experienced it personally and directly myself....about 4 or 5 months in a row if memory serves me correctly.  Of course I can't vouch for what there policy was for you....maybe you got special treatment?

"Sorry Mr chownah, your money is no good here. We suggest you try a border crossing further south. South is the place to cross the border with your baht, definitely south." :D

Why would they give me special treatment? I go every month just like everyone else.

I think that what Adjan means is: Maybe YOU got the special treatment (chownah) :D

I think that what Adjan means is: Maybe YOU got the special treatment (chownah) :D

I understand fully and I'm wondering why they would give me special treatment since I go there every month just like normal....he, on the other hand was going every two weeks which is very often and I thought that perhaps since they remembered him because of his frequency of visits that they waved the rules for him.....no sinister intent or barb intended...but of course here on TV people often/regularly assume that any post has some sinister intent or barb attached.

Edited by chownah