Nightlife Korat

stumpdog

What's the easiest way to Korat from BKK and back again?

By car or public transport?

If by car, drive north to Saraburi, turn right on Higway 2 and stop when you get to Korat.

If by bus, go to the Mor Chit (Northern) bus station and get a bus direct to Korat. About 180 baht.

You can also get a train, several per day from Hualompong. Haven't done this for years so don't know about the cost.

You can also hire a taxi for maybe 2K or 2.5K baht.

The bus is the easy way to go . 3 hours and 15 miniutes to Mo Chit .

187 baht as of last week one way . ( that is the bus that has only 2 stops and has A/C )

Best Korat bus station is the one next to st. marie hospital

It would be very hard to get a taxi in Korat to take you back to BKK or anywhere for that matter .

Thank you very much Dutch. Which in your opinion would be better for a newbie? Do they have taxi's outside etc?

Thanks.

I would recomend the Sima Thani hotel if you can get a room . As there is always a wedding or a tour group ... or something going on . Same goes for the Royal Princess so book early . IMO the Thani is better located . You can also walk to more places or you can get a 6 baht bus to The Mall or anywhere right outside the door , where as the Royal Princess is a long walk to the street and when you get there , there is nothing around . You can ask the doorman to call you a tuk tuk and he will arrive in about 10 - 15 miniutes . Also across the street from the Sima thani there are 2 very good resturants , The Pavilon and White rabbit seafood it is down the street on ...I cant remember the exact name but it has moo tree in it . ( maybe someone can help with the name of the street )

Would agree with Jeff on this one. :D Sima Thani is better located, though I suppose it depends on what you like to do, and it is a very nice hotel.

Not sure of the street name Jeff is referring to as I haven't been to the two restaurants mentioned (maybe I should check them out :D ) but the name of the street opposite the Sima Thani and running perpendicular to the main road is Thanon Muk Montri.

And yes, the Sima Thani has a travel agent located in the lobby area, where you can book a car back to Bangkok. :o

:D:o

So what's Surin's nightlife like?  :D

Surin is ok, if you want crazy 'Blackpool' type entertainent, why look in Isaan. Its good enough. I stayed at the Thon Tarin and there was Karioke/bars nearby. I am building a house on the outskirts and am quite happy with the safe/friendly environment.The people seem very friendly and there is still enough going on to make it interesting. Whatever it definatly better that Angkrit :D