Friends Of Farang Connection

brimacthai

Happy Independence Day to our American friends and families!

The 4th of July is a good time to reflect on these words from a great American:

It is not the critic who counts, not the man who points out how the strong man stumbled, or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena; whose face is marred by the dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions and spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best, knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who, at worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly; so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory or defeat.

Teddy Roosevelt (speaking at the Sorbonne a century ago in 1910)

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For those in Buriram, the Buriram Pie Man , has a fabulous range of English foods. Beef pies, Chicken pies, Curries , Sausages, Pork pies, Bacon, Fruit pies and crumbles, Cheese,etc.etc.

Not sure what this has to do with the FC but thanks for sharing anyways! Now I'm hungry!

For those in Buriram, the Buriram Pie Man , has a fabulous range of English foods. Beef pies, Chicken pies, Curries , Sausages, Pork pies, Bacon, Fruit pies and crumbles, Cheese,etc.etc.

Not sure what this has to do with the FC but thanks for sharing anyways! Now I'm hungry!

I think afarang was just trying to point out that there are alternatives with regard to places to purchase "farang supplies".

I think afarang was just trying to point out that there are alternatives with regard to places to purchase "farang supplies".

ok so now here is my opinion of what is going on.Today i met with brian, and although he was in considrable pain from having a tooth extracted we managed to talk for a while.I also saw sunni, and it was for the first time, and to be honest i did not know what to make of her.Although she knew i had come to the FC to offer advice and help, and there were no other customers in the bar except my table it was almost an hour and a quarter before she came out to say hello.brian spent a lot of time listening to and generally agreeing with what i said, i really hoped that sunni would have more input.Just something i want to point out to all those doubters, brian has no ulteriour financial, romantic, or sexual agenda here, despite what others may think.So i have offered my experience to sunni, i have said that i will go and work with her for a couple of days, ( more if neccesary) All she has to do is ask.I am not a person on a mission, i know i am good at what i do, but it is up to sunni to either accept or decline my offer, it matters not a lot to me.I really think that the FC can come good again, but sunni has to be prepared to work very hard now, and put in long hours initially, to ensure that the place gets off the ground again.She has made a start by re-employing one of her former staff, people who frequent the bar will know who i mean.I know from experience that the FC can be good again, but sunni has to stop hanging on the the reputation, and memory of Martin, i don't want to sound disrespectful but he has gone, and they have to move on. the place needs to be spruced up, with a lick of paint, they now have decent staff, who with a bit of training can become really good staff, and i believe they now have three good cooks.I always make up my mind on people after i have met and spoken to them, and for me Brian seems to be a genuine person who really wants to help sunni turn things around, and i commend him for that.I understand that work has commenced on trimming down the menu from about 20 million items to probaly 30, so thats good.and there are arrangements to train the staff, so things are looking positive for the FC. So lets hope everybody gets together and makes it work, ( by the way i hear they have big plans for a relaunch party, sorry wasn't supposed to mention that ha ha.

ok so now here is my opinion of what is going on.Today i met with brian, and although he was in considrable pain from having a tooth extracted we managed to talk for a while.I also saw sunni, and it was for the first time, and to be honest i did not know what to make of her.Although she knew i had come to the FC to offer advice and help, and there were no other customers in the bar except my table it was almost an hour and a quarter before she came out to say hello.brian spent a lot of time listening to and generally agreeing with what i said, i really hoped that sunni would have more input.Just something i want to point out to all those doubters, brian has no ulteriour financial, romantic, or sexual agenda here, despite what others may think.So i have offered my experience to sunni, i have said that i will go and work with her for a couple of days, ( more if neccesary) All she has to do is ask.I am not a person on a mission, i know i am good at what i do, but it is up to sunni to either accept or decline my offer, it matters not a lot to me.I really think that the FC can come good again, but sunni has to be prepared to work very hard now, and put in long hours initially, to ensure that the place gets off the ground again.She has made a start by re-employing one of her former staff, people who frequent the bar will know who i mean.I know from experience that the FC can be good again, but sunni has to stop hanging on the the reputation, and memory of Martin, i don't want to sound disrespectful but he has gone, and they have to move on. the place needs to be spruced up, with a lick of paint, they now have decent staff, who with a bit of training can become really good staff, and i believe they now have three good cooks.I always make up my mind on people after i have met and spoken to them, and for me Brian seems to be a genuine person who really wants to help sunni turn things around, and i commend him for that.I understand that work has commenced on trimming down the menu from about 20 million items to probaly 30, so thats good.and there are arrangements to train the staff, so things are looking positive for the FC. So lets hope everybody gets together and makes it work, ( by the way i hear they have big plans for a relaunch party, sorry wasn't supposed to mention that ha ha.

Thanks for this wonderful input, feeling much better today, the tooth extraction wasn't planned (are they ever!), I am sorry as I know it interfered with our meeting.

I have seen the first draft of the new menu, still needs a little trimming but looking far more manageable.

Sunee is typical Thai, a little shy but very happy for the support. I think a bit overwhelmed actually, the numbers are up already and like you mentioned, the regulars all know the cook who's returned and all are happy about these new measures. She (the new cook) made my rice-soup yesterday (tooth remember?) and it was very nice.

Sunee didn't think anyone would want to help and the support from everyone has been great.

And now that the cats out of the bag... there are plans for a relaunch party very soon, all are invited of course! Dates will be posted here and on the new website when it's up and going.

Many things to do and a lot to get done... thanks for the input, concerns and offers of support and help.

Watch this space...

Thank you, topic now closed. I can't see how it ran that far, but we were fair as we gave you the opportunity to respond to the other topic, which should not have run in the first place as it contravenes forum rules & guidelines.